Match Thread Norwich (2 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Not sure how they are stacked up for wing backs or left backs. But theres a possibilty Sam might have his 1 year loan cut short on current form. They have been keeping tabs on him and cant not have been impressed with how hes performing in both wing back roles.

Fingers crossed.

Gleneagles65

Pukki out injured, the main Norwich journalist Paddy Davitt (Coventry fan) is feeding pre match press conference reports now.

Hertsccfc

Not sure how they are stacked up for wing backs or left backs. But theres a possibilty Sam might have his 1 year loan cut short on current form. They have been keeping tabs on him and cant not have been impressed with how hes performing in both wing back roles.

Fingers crossed.
That's a bit worrying. I think McCallum has been great this season. Really underestimated player.

robbiethemole

From Farke's pre match briefing :-

Teemu Pukki (hamstring) is also ruled out this weekend and a doubt for Luton next week after his second half departure in the Potteries. Marco Stiepermann (head) is available after his second half exit at Stoke but Emi Buendia is suspended after his midweek sending off.

Kenny McLean (knee), Todd Cantwell (hip) and Jordan Hugill (shoulder) are out for the next few weeks, with McLean and Hugill hoping to avoid a longer term absence.

Xavi Quintilla (hip) remains sidelined, with Farke unwilling to provide a timeline on his potential return.

Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle), Sam Byram (hamstring), Adam Idah (knee) and Bali Mumba (knee) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.

Moritz Leitner is not part of the plans for the new season. Josip Drmic is unavailable in the short term as he undergoes a period of quarantine after treatment on an injury in Switzerland. Farke hinted he might come back into his thoughts if he is without his frontline strikers in two to three weeks.

Ccfcisparks

From Farke's pre match briefing :-

Teemu Pukki (hamstring) is also ruled out this weekend and a doubt for Luton next week after his second half departure in the Potteries. Marco Stiepermann (head) is available after his second half exit at Stoke but Emi Buendia is suspended after his midweek sending off.

Kenny McLean (knee), Todd Cantwell (hip) and Jordan Hugill (shoulder) are out for the next few weeks, with McLean and Hugill hoping to avoid a longer term absence.

Xavi Quintilla (hip) remains sidelined, with Farke unwilling to provide a timeline on his potential return.

Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle), Sam Byram (hamstring), Adam Idah (knee) and Bali Mumba (knee) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.

Moritz Leitner is not part of the plans for the new season. Josip Drmic is unavailable in the short term as he undergoes a period of quarantine after treatment on an injury in Switzerland. Farke hinted he might come back into his thoughts if he is without his frontline strikers in two to three weeks.
Imagine being that stacked of a squad you can afford to freeze out Moritz Leitner and Josip Drmic.

SlowerThanPlatt

The irony is of course they went into the season with one left back who is injured (Quintilla) and loaned McCallum to us without a recall clause in Jan. Now playing a natural holding midfielder there

SlowerThanPlatt

Does Camp start? Assuing given wages he will be on he probably has to so going to stab at line up below a 5 - 2 - 2 -1 formation I think with players available.

Camp

Dabo Osti Fadz Hyam Giles

Sheaf Kelly

o'Hare Hamer

Walker

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Thompson. Allen, Shipley, Jobello, Baka, Biamou, Bremang

Why would Bremang be on the bench? The only U23 player close to the first team atm is Bapaga

87 n all that

Does Camp start? Assuing given wages he will be on he probably has to so going to stab at line up below a 5 - 2 - 2 -1 formation I think with players available.

Camp

Dabo Osti Fadz Hyam Giles

Sheaf Kelly

o'Hare Hamer

Walker

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Thompson. Allen, Shipley, Jobello, Baka, Biamou, Bremang
That’s the starting line up I expect tomorrow but think Wilson will start in net. I’m actually hoping we can get something due to their injury problems.

Skybluebeliever

I think Shipley will start over O’Hare robins seems to favour him currently
I think he could play Allen with ohare and rest Shipley and Hamer after playing Wednesday , bit similar to last season where he rotated the two attacking midfielders for a while , Hamer came off so might be nursing a knock . Wilson should start

87 n all that

I think he could play Allen with ohare and rest Shipley and Hamer after playing Wednesday , bit similar to last season where he rotated the two attacking midfielders for a while , Hamer came off so might be nursing a knock . Wilson should start
Can see that happening tbh, he’s going to mix n match the squad from game to game now with what we’ve got coming up.

Happy_Martian

Would like to see Robins go 5-3-2 against Norwich, only because we need the extra threat up top to help Walker. Yes, Walker took his chance well but for most of the game he was starved again. Get Baka or Max up there with him to give the midfielders options and to get the Norwich defenders working for their wages. Midfield of Kelly, Sheaf/Shipperz and Hamer. McFadz as sweep with Hyam and Osti either side. McCallum will be a sore miss tomorrow but Giles is growing into his game and Dabz is starting to look fitter.

Camp.
Osti McFaz Hyam.
Dabz Sheaf Kelly Giles.
Hamer.
Walker Max.

But Norwich are top for a reason so I'm expecting a lively and open game. Norwich's experience will win out though so them to eke us 3-1.

87 n all that

makes more sense than reverting to a formation that saw us concede a record amounts of goals
He’s not a left back but if Norwich have lots of injuries then maybe it’s the way to go. Quite a lot of our goals conceded (5 I think) were when we were down to 10 men. A few more were situations like Forests penalty. Those goals weren’t down to any system.

Brighton Sky Blue

makes more sense than reverting to a formation that saw us concede a record amounts of goals

Playing 4 at the back hasn’t stopped us making mistakes in possession or carrying on with a zonal marking system that clearly isn’t effective.

Greggs

He’s not a left back but if Norwich have lots of injuries then maybe it’s the way to go. Quite a lot of our goals conceded (5 I think) were when we were down to 10 men. A few more were situations like Forests penalty. Those goals weren’t down to any system.
good points mate, but i think we look far tighter as a back 4. Could Osti play left back?

Greggs

Playing 4 at the back hasn’t stopped us making mistakes in possession or carrying on with a zonal marking system that clearly isn’t effective.
We are a work in progress, i'm glad Robins has shown his ability to mix it up formation wise, something i previously thought he lacked.

87 n all that

good points mate, but i think we look far tighter as a back 4. Could Osti play left back?
I doubt it. Don’t want to square peg it more than we have already. The pen which Watford beat us with was also nothing down to the system. The good thing is if we have 2 systems that work then we have options and teams might not be able to guess how we’ll line up. I think our recent improvement is down to Kelly being back in the starting lineup. He’s the link between defence and midfield that has been lacking. He should have been bought back in much earlier.

Brighton Sky Blue

We are a work in progress, i'm glad Robins has shown his ability to mix it up formation wise, something i previously thought he lacked.

He mixed it up from the box also. As I and others have said though the goals conceded weren’t really related to the system as demonstrated by the same errors being made in the last 2 games. The difference is we got away with them and took a tough chance on Wednesday.

We’d have had a result against Watford if we weren’t zonal marking and Callum hadn’t had a moment of madness. Which tells me it might not be so bonkers to play it against Norwich missing a lot of first choice players and who will look to come at us whatever we do.

Will be interesting to see what he does

Brighton Sky Blue

We're less likely to make mistakes because we are going longer quicker with the 4 at the back. The 2 clean sheets aren't a complete fluke.

Going longer to a dude stranded up front, it’s stodging the midfield that has eased the pressure a bit. Main thing is nobody’s given away a ridiculous penalty but we’re still giving the ball away in dangerous areas and zonal marking. As I say let’s see how he approaches this one.

Users who are viewing this thread