Match Thread Norwich (1 Viewer)

ccfcmad1

A game we can go into with pressure of us no fear a free hit, Robins has changed the system and to be fair it has got us points on the board may not be prety at times but yesterday was an improvement on birmigham and another clean sheet, personally would stick to the same formation with Giles replacing mcallum at left back which is a shame as he looked good in the advanced role and ohare for Shipley.

cc84cov

A game we can go into with pressure of us no fear a free hit, Robins has changed the system and to be fair it has got us points on the board may not be prety at times but yesterday was an improvement on birmigham and another clean sheet, personally would stick to the same formation with Giles replacing mcallum at left back which is a shame as he looked good in the advanced role and ohare for Shipley.
Interested to see Giles in a flat back 4 if we keep it that way...Expecting a keeper in before Saturday also

AOM

Same set up from last night with Giles in for McCallum at left back and O'Hare in midfield.
Would take a draw here but a loss not the end of the world!

KenilworthSkyBlue

Norwich have a backlog of injuries which hopefully will help.

Pukki/Krul both injured and Buendia suspended in their last game. I believe they have a number of key absentees on top of the aforementioned as well.

lifeskyblue

Head says loss (as long as it not a thumping I’ll be happy) but heart keeps nagging a surprise and a scrappy win 1-0.
In fairness we were outplayed by Bournemouth and Brentford (and Blackburn after sending off)...other games we have been in it and competed well. There is not a lot between most teams in this league and therefore it is important to keep points tally ticking over...last couple games show how to achieve this. Hoping between now and Christmas we can pick up quite a few wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SleepyGinger

Wouldn’t mind us going back to a back 3/5 for this one. Think we’ve looked best going forward in a 532 and still wouldn’t rule out the box formation. Also wouldn’t really fancy Giles at LB rather than LWB. We’ll be OK long as we keep the silly mistakes to a minimum.

Last edited:

TomRad85

I'd like to find out who's in goal before I predict anything.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Paxman II

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet here so will need to take our chances. Hoping Godden is fit to join Walker up top. Would like to see Ostigard i as he is a threat in opposition boxes. Still thing O'Hare will start on the bench. Hoping for a 1-1

johnwillomagic

Norwich have a load of players out but Krull, Cantwell, Puki, Buendia but also have a massive squad to cope.

Will see what happens but think this will be a game too many for us and our luck with this new formation will run out.
2-0 loss regardless of who plays in goal or who comes in will wait to see if anything happens before naming team.

Half wondering if he will play Osti in a 4 and play either him or Dabo at Left Back and keep Giles further forward....otherwise Giles at Left Back for McCallum is the likely option and O'Hare coming in to start.

Philosorapter

They are on one decent streak at moment. It reminds me a bit of the run Coventry went on last season.

If they never had a string of indifferent results close to the start of the season they would have been hammering the league by now.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Should we persist with a flat back four for this one, it would be suicide to have Giles at LB. The opposition would simply overload their right flank and extract the urine for 90 minutes.

Hoping to see a return of the 3-5-2 which begrudgingly would see Giles at LWB. The lad has some pace but crossing, shooting and taking full backs on while driving into the box is sporadic at best. There's a player in there somewhere just wish he was brave enough to come out!

Hopefully, Godden is fit otherwise Max would be my shout to start with. Ostigrad for Shippers who looked knackered after 70mins.

cc84cov

Should we persist with a flat back four for this one, it would be suicide to have Giles at LB. The opposition would simply overload their right flank and extract the urine for 90 minutes.

Hoping to see a return of the 3-5-2 which begrudgingly would see Giles at LWB. He lad has some pace but crossing, shooting and taking full backs on while driving into the box is sporadic at best. There's a player in there somewhere just wish he was brave enough to come out!

Hopefully, Godden is fit otherwise Max would be my shout to start with. Ostigrad for Shippers who looked knackered after 70mins.
Giles has looked more solid than McCallum for me so far

ccfcricoh

How many are they allowed
None...

Tiers dont start until next week

Hoping to see a return of the 3-5-2 which begrudgingly would see Giles at LWB. He lad has some pace but crossing, shooting and taking full backs on while driving into the box is sporadic at best. There's a player in there somewhere just wish he was brave enough to come out!

Strange - i have Giles down as one of our best performers so far this season, up there with Kelly/McFadz/Hamer

Disgruntled Sky Blue

None...

Tiers dont start until next week

Strange - i have Giles down as one of our best performers so far this season, up there with Kelly/McFadz/Hamer
Just don't see a defender in him. Thought last night's performance was the best I've seen of him so far though as an outlet ball.

Bugsy

We will get some sort of result, we always do against the odds and against top of the league teams, its in the sky blues DNA....PUSB

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Expecting a loss so anything more will be fine.

With Marosi and McCallum missing really unsure of how to set up as Giles would have to be pushed in LB which isn't working to his strengths and robs us of much of his ability to create. Also still without Godden which puts my thoughts of a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 on the backburner despite Max and Baka being available.

Sheaf, Kelly and Hamer in midfield is my main starting point and working out from there.

As Dabo seems to be more influential at RWB and Giles better going forward it'd suggest WB's would be the better choice, but we do get caught in behind at times playing that, suggesting 3CB's. Or do we go with the two with Kelly just in front of them (or possibly Sheaf)

With the ACM/F do we stick with Shipley to run around and possibly link up around the box, although he does pull out of challenges far too easily? Or O'Hare for a bit more ability to run with the ball, but still with the workrate? Biamou to challenge and hold up the ball to give us a more direct option out (which I think we may need as I feel they'll press high and put us under pressure).

I'm really stuck as to what I'd do.

no_loyalty

Giles at LB, and O'Hare or Jobello on the right.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Just to update on my last post. Norwich full injuries/suspensions: Pukki, Buendía, Byram, Dowell, Cantwell, Idah, Mumba, Hernandez, Quintilla, McLean, Omobamidele, Omotoye, Krul.

Still a very tough game but I feel we're at least in with a chance of getting a draw here.

Users who are viewing this thread