Match Thread Norwich game night (9 Viewers)

AOM

Forget points, I just hope we come away from this run of games with some shred of confidence.

Walker and Kelly coming back, Dabo and Godden hopefully not far away. March looks kinder on us. Fans and players just need to keep their heads while we’re reminded just how far off the top of the league we are.

Agreed. And results have gone/going our way so far to keep us going

Ccfcisparks

Yes we were shit. But with results going our way tonight it’s not as if we are losing ground. All in all probably a decent match day and 1 game closer to not playing a team near the top.

better days

Some people have set minds about particular players and they can do no right however hard they try or perform in their eyes
I was the same in my younger days I'm ashamed to say
We made two terrible mistakes tonight but overall we didn't play badly at all
There are a few positives but it's sometimes hard to see them when we've lost

Grendel

Normal clubs are the majority of clubs. Chopping and changing managers with negative effect. Over spending.

You have no resonable suggestions as an alternative. I think you were a Slade backer? McCarthy just signed contract with Cardiff? Jacket doing modestly well at a lower level when Robins beat him to promotion last year.

Tonights performance really is not a sackable performance for the manager.

Tonight isnt but we are sliding fast and most owners would push a panic button

Ours don’t panic as they don’t really care what league we are in as all they care About is keeping the club in existence while the legalities play out

shmmeee

Gone from tiki taka to non league vs prem fa cup tie where you waiting forn
us to lose possession.

Defence isn’t good enough. I maintain that’s the root of it all. They pull back the wing backs and DMs and the AMs get isolated or come deep looking for the ball. To play this style you need a back three you can rely on to play up on the halfway line and not lose the ball. Keeper doesn’t help either.

cc84cov

Tonight isnt but we are sliding fast and most owners would push a panic button

Ours don’t panic as they don’t really care what league we are in as all they care About is keeping the club in existence while the legalities play out
Spot on

Cavan O'Doherty

Why won't people (you) accept that sometimes we play a team who are much better than us? What do you expect? They have loads of players with Premier League experience, we have none. We are a team put together with hardly any budget, we lost to a good team, we tried hard and fell short. Why is it pathetic? I'd understand if we were playing Wycombe but we weren't....
We played Forest the other week (a fellow relegation candidate), and it was just as pathetic then. The problem at the minute is it doesn’t matter who we play, we look just as poor in every game.

Paxman II

Norwich had a very good first half after we started quite well, but thanks to two gifts we destroyed ourselves yet again. Second half, sure Norwich not needing to raise their game, but we were so much better. Could have been a little different if we took a couple of chances we had.
No complaints though. Norwich did what they needed to do. Good job others are losing below us tonight.

mrtrench

Much better second half. I don't know how much of that was our changes and how much that Norwich had taken their foot off the pedal.

Brighton Sky Blue

We lost 2-0 to the league leaders.. We lacked the quality to get back into the game after going 2 down... I think the only people truly shocked about this are several people on skybluestalk

It's not the result it's the typically meek surrender in the first half.

Grendel

How has a loss to Norwich been the tipping point? We didn't get stuffed, gave away some shite goals

it’s not - it’s the slide down and an inability to score it even threaten to score

Sick Boy

Why won't people (you) accept that sometimes we play a team who are much better than us? What do you expect? They have loads of players with Premier League experience, we have none. We are a team put together with hardly any budget, we lost to a good team, we tried hard and fell short. Why is it pathetic? I'd understand if we were playing Wycombe but we weren't....
Which of their goals tonight were down to their superior quality rather than yet more basic and careless mistakes?

Evo1883

There is a real disparity between expectation and reality on here at times... We all appreciate we will do well to stay up... But you wouldn't think that.. I still think after this bad run of fixtures we will start picking up points again and tail off the season strong, with Kelly back too and Walker

fernandopartridge

It does feel increasingly like signing James was a poor decision on Robins part if his wages are as high as they are, and with Kelly back earlier than might have been expected (not that Robins knew that).

We're toothless in attack and lack any presence at all in the opposition area. Gyokeres and Max spend a lot of their time 40 yards + from goal. When Godden plays space opens up at least as he moves defenders around.

It makes us so vulnerable as when we make the inevitable mistake it's always to go behind.

Again, expected to lose tonight but difficult to see much to be positive about.

NortonSkyBlue

You can go on all night about the errors but the real killer is the quality of Norwich against our naivety. Basically a premier league quality side against a league one quality side . Results hopefully stay our way tonight and the positives are some time on the pitch for Kelly and some spirit from the team.

cc84cov

It does feel increasingly like signing James was a poor decision on Robins part if his wages are as high as they are, and with Kelly back earlier than might have been expected (not that Robins knew that).

We're toothless in attack and lack any presence at all in the opposition area. Gyokeres and Max spend a lot of their time 40 yards + from goal. When Godden plays space opens up at least as he moves defenders around.

It makes us so vulnerable as when we make the inevitable mistake it's always to go behind.

Again, expected to lose tonight but difficult to see much to be positive about.
James is in that midfield on his own at times when Hamer plays how he has last 2 games play Kelly and James together gets my vote

clint van damme

We lost 2-0 to the league leaders.. We lacked the quality to get back into the game after going 2 down... I think the only people truly shocked about this are several people on skybluestalk

some utter nonsense spouted on here tonight for sure.
I would say though that Robins now needs to find a way from now until the end of the season to stop leaking silly goals.

As I said after Saturday, the amount of goals we concede which aren't just down to individual errors but combinations of individual errors is shocking and it was the same again tonight (as it was not just Saturday but also against Forest).

Plus points, Kelly on his way back, Walker got an hour under his belt and Gyo looked decent when he came on.
Still hopeful we'll get a bit of luck and have at least one of Godden or Dabo back in the next few weeks.

Grendel

When this clown agrees with you, you know you're talking shite.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Well I don’t think Sisu care what league we are in

cc84cov

some utter nonsense spouted on here tonight for sure.
I would say though that Robins now needs to find a way from now until the end of the season to stop leaking silly goals.

As I said after Saturday, the amount of goals we concede which aren't just down to individual errors but combinations of individual errors is shocking and it was the same again tonight (as it was not just Saturday but also against Forest).

Plus points, Kelly on his way back, Walker got an hour under his belt and Gyo looked decent when he came on.
Still hopeful we'll get a bit of luck and have at least one of Godden or Dabo back in the next few weeks.
No mate he needed to find a way to sort it in January window what do you suggest he does now ?

Sick Boy

Every team from 18th down lost (or losing in Rotherham's case).

We got beat by the league leaders, shock, yet will likely still have retained the same gap to the bottom 3.

Our season isn't decided in these games. Chill.
...Forest, a relegation rival, have taken 6 points off us.

Users who are viewing this thread