Match Thread Norwich game night (4 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Forget points, I just hope we come away from this run of games with some shred of confidence.

Walker and Kelly coming back, Dabo and Godden hopefully not far away. March looks kinder on us. Fans and players just need to keep their heads while we’re reminded just how far off the top of the league we are.

Agreed. These are the run of games we need to results in as I can’t see much over next couple (at least stick two up top and give it a go though !)

B1E68EBD-8F18-4E6C-B309-A2D186BD9BCE.jpeg

Otis

Here's my observation. You are getting it whether you want it or not.🤪

All defenders make mistakes. It happens. If you are a defender with a bit of pace though, you are able to rectify mistakes in certain circumstances.

If you are a slow defender and give the ball away in dangerous areas, it more often than not ends up with a goal, or a great chance on goal.

Now, I haven't been on iFollow, so am not seeing what many of you are seeing, but, to me, playing both Hyam and McFazdean, seems a recipe for disaster. They are both very slow and nearly every error around our own penalty area seems to result in a goal for the opposition.

I know we brought in McFazdean for his championship experience, but he seems far too slow for this division in my opinion and Hyam has looked poor for quite a while.

We have a real lack of pace at the back and of course, added to that, are making horrendous mistakes to boot.

Just wondering if playing Ostigard and Rose would be a better option than McFazdean and Hyam. I do realise we are often playing three at the back, but when we are going for 2 CB's I mean.

The lack of pace at the back worries me a lot more than the lack of goals at the other end.

Covkid1968#

Mate, sometimes you need to concede that the opposition have some fucking good players.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I agree....He was class Nick.... you have to appreciate the quality.

Evo1883

You did watch the first half right?
I did.. Up until they scored we competed... Then they completely ran us ragged after they scored their first.
We didn't surrender, they are just much better than us and had the bit between their teeth

We came out second half, did our best but didn't have the quality to change the game... It's why we are where we are and they are where they are

Brighton Sky Blue

All defenders make mistakes. It happens. If you are a defender with a bit of pace though, you are able to rectify mistakes in certain circumstances.

If you are a slow defender and give the ball away in dangerous areas, it more often than not ends up with a goal, or a great chance on goal.

Now, I haven't been on iFollow, so am not seeing what many of you are seeing, but, to me, playing both Hyam and McFazdean, seems a recipe for disaster. They are both very slow and nearly every error around our own penalty area seems to result in a goal for the opposition.

I know we brought in McFazdean for his championship experience, but he seems far too slow for this division in my opinion and Hyam has looked poor for quite a while.

We have a real lack of pace at the back and of course, added to that, are making horrendous mistakes to boot.

Just wondering if playing Ostigard and Rose would be a better option than McFazdean and Hyam. I do realise we are often acting three at the back, but when we are going for 2 CB's I mean.

The lack of pace at the back worries me a lot more than the lack of goals at the other end.

Tonight was not the night to try and play out from the back against the league leaders on an awful surface, that ultimately is where both goals (and the others that really should have been converted) came from.

rhino1002

Another thing to blame is that fucking pitch it’s twatting chronic. Bobbly bastard ball all the time. Not helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
last season there were lots of people on here and other media saying we should play at Stans permanently you dont see much of them now

junglej13

Norwich are clearly a good side but most concerning is I can't see us scoring a goal from anywhere. We get no more than two men in the box at any stage. Even with the set pieces I honestly don't think we could put less threatening deliveries in if we tried. Everyone is floated aimlessly towards the back of the penalty area.

SeaSeeEffCee

At least we’ve mastered the art of losing the game first half and putting in a spirited, but ineffectual performance second half so the fans will come out it saying ‘well we gave it good go’.

RegTheDonk

Forget points, I just hope we come away from this run of games with some shred of confidence.

Walker and Kelly coming back, Dabo and Godden hopefully not far away. March looks kinder on us. Fans and players just need to keep their heads while we’re reminded just how far off the top of the league we are.
I dunno what confidence they'll take from that other than we only let the league leaders put 2 past us and shit defending was the main failing. Definately agree on paper it looks better for March, perhaps mentally they can believe they can win those games, particularly if we get those key players back. Tonight just seemed like oh well its vs top of the league, we got no chance.

cc84cov

I don't know, that's his job, stopping the centre halves fucking about with the ball would be a start.
He’s far too stuck in his ways to do that he won’t suddenly go route 1 time and time again we are getting caught messing at the back the fact is their not god enough to play like that at this level the manager should surely see it we’ve conceded how many from mistakes like that ? We were doing it last year

better days

Just wondering if playing Ostigard and Rose would be a better option than McFazdean and Hyam. I do realise we are often acting three at the back, but when we are going for 2 CB's I mean.

Pask probably has the best pace of our central defenders but he's not had a chance to play in that spot yet
Not blistering but better than those ahead of him at the moment

Brighton Sky Blue

I did.. Up until they scored we competed... Then they completely ran us ragged after they scored their first.
We didn't surrender, they are just much better than us and had the bit between their teeth

We came out second half, did our best but didn't have the quality to change the game... It's why we are where we are and they are where they are

We looked like we'd accepted defeat before kick off

Covkid1968#

Max looked good when he came on, Kelly is back, Walker has game time. Every team in the bottom 8 lost/ losing

But more importantly...I’ve seen a picture with my sons name on the membership shirt. Got a Stella and am relatively happy tonight 😎😎

clint van damme

He’s far too stuck in his ways to do that he won’t suddenly go route 1 time and time again we are getting caught messing at the back the fact is their not god enough to play like that at this level the manager should surely see it we’ve conceded how many from mistakes like that ? We were doing it last year

He doesn't have to abandon playing out from the back totally, but tonight, against the top of the league on a poor picture and with the quality they have it was madness.

Grendel

We looked like we'd accepted defeat before kick off

I wouldnt Say that but he has to accept that playing Hyam game after game is a licence to concede and a first game back for walker as a lone isolated striker is also not a great tactic - robins also looks defeated

Colin Steins Smile

Apologies if this has been already stated, but I’ve not read the previous 39 pages of this thread. My take on tonight’s game:
1. Appalling defending - not helped by the inability to retain the ball up front.
2. We play too many flicks and over complicated passes in midfield, which inevitably leads to teams counterattacking into space
3. The back 3 without Osti is slow.
4. Decosta goes walk about and leaves the back 3 exposed.
5. We need to play two up front as the box system with Allen doesn’t work as we can’t retain the ball.

Frostie

...Forest, a relegation rival, have taken 6 points off us.

Right? And we've picked up points they haven't elsewhere.
There's been some disappointing results for sure but the point is it's only February. We don't have to be better than everyone, we don't even need to be good, we just need to not be one of the 3 worst & so far, despite all odds, we're doing it.

As I've said previously, if we're in the bottom 3 at end of March I'll start panicking.

Brighton Sky Blue

I wouldnt Say that but he has to accept that playing Hyam game after game is a licence to concede and a first game back for walker as a lone isolated striker is also not a great tactic - robins also looks defeated

He was laughing with Farke before kick off, probably at the team selection

Users who are viewing this thread