Newcastle United Saudi Takeover (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Media swooning over this is another thing wrong with the game

I hope this goes tits up if I’m honest as it disproportionately affects the whole of football leading to the derby and the sheff wed and the bury. Next time motd or the pundits are crying about this bury or another club they need to remember the nonsense of the Saudi Arabian takeover of Newcastle and add it to the list of Man City and Utd and Liverpool and the first of them chelski
I’m still not certain this is done & dusted yet. International groups like Amnesty International are having their penny’s worth now, they are quite influential world wide.

better days

Media swooning over this is another thing wrong with the game

I hope this goes tits up if I’m honest as it disproportionately affects the whole of football leading to the derby and the sheff wed and the bury. Next time motd or the pundits are crying about this bury or another club they need to remember the nonsense of the Saudi Arabian takeover of Newcastle and add it to the list of Man City and Utd and Liverpool and the first of them chelski
Agree totally

slowpoke

unlike rare me supporting us might sky blues, when im out with the lads watching the games and we get chatting other footie supporters the reactions i get when i say im a cov supporter is hilarious they dont get why i support cov and always ask me how i ended up supporting them.
I think we have or certainly had large support from the first generation Irish community in the 60s/70s and then their children have followed on and Scottish. Most of my mates Irish or Scottish had Rangers or Celtic as their second team.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I think we have or certainly had large support from the first generation Irish community in the 60s/70s and then their children have followed on and Scottish. Most of my mates Irish or Scottish had Rangers or Celtic as their second team.

i had neither i switched from united to cov when i was like 11 in the 94/95 season because i loved our jersey ha, be interesting see how fast newcastle excel now supporter wise and who they higher, was reading their forum and they mostly seem to want conte hired, rafa was saying when he was there the grounds stadium ect all need upgrading badly so im presuming they will get in a new manager steady the squad in jan with some decent signings then pump money into the grounds ect.

chiefdave

The Saudis running a football club is an irrelevance when compared to buying weapons from the UK to bomb places like Yemen
It is but a match day gives a nice focal point for those who protest against the Saudis, arms trade etc? Likely to get more publicity protesting at, or even disrupting, matches than they are standing outside a government building.

slowpoke

It is but a match day gives a nice focal point for those who protest against the Saudis, arms trade etc? Likely to get more publicity protesting at, or even disrupting, matches than they are standing outside a government building.
Got a point there never thought of that
I be been following this on various news programs and the hypocrisy regarding the Saudis from governments down is unbelievable.
They have a big stake in Disney, Uber, airlines and other big companies, but as Chief Dave has said rocking up at football match to vent their spleens might be attractive.
Regards the Premiership giving permission for the takeover apparently they couldn’t really refuse due to restraint of trade rules, all very political.

slowpoke

Ha that's quite amusing.
Celtic brought down the biggest away following ever to our stadium and it was a midweek friendly
They did and although there would have been a large support from the midland area I parked right next to coaches from Glasgow and a couple from London

SBAndy

Being pragmatic though how do the English football authorities who have comparatively little wealth in terms of cash take on the power and resource of multi billionaires? - its not going to happen.

Could just get the old doorman from Browns?

chiefdave

Got a point there never thought of that
I be been following this on various news programs and the hypocrisy regarding the Saudis from governments down is unbelievable.
They have a big stake in Disney, Uber, airlines and other big companies, but as Chief Dave has said rocking up at football match to vent their spleens might be attractive.
Regards the Premiership giving permission for the takeover apparently they couldn’t really refuse due to restraint of trade rules, all very political.
They bought a decent chunk of shares in a concert promoter, think it was LiveNation who then put out a statement saying there was nothing they can do to control who buys shares as they're publicly traded. PIF (the Saudi company) then filed something with the US stock exchange basically saying they were passive shareholders and wouldn't exert any influence over the company.

If their investments in other companies are similar you could make a strong argument that the takeover of Newcastle is different as they will now be running the club.

The Great Eastern

They did and although there would have been a large support from the midland area I parked right next to coaches from Glasgow and a couple from London
I'd guess many coaches would have been from the Corby area with loads of 2nd and 3rd generation Scots living there. I used to deliver to a Littlewoods store there twice a week and even the loading bay lads, from pure English descent, spoke with a Scottish edge to their accent.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t get why they think they have got their club back surely it’s just another owner who will do what they want.

slowpoke

I'd guess many coaches would have been from the Corby area with loads of 2nd and 3rd generation Scots living there. I used to deliver to a Littlewoods store there twice a week and even the loading bay lads, from pure English descent, spoke with a Scottish edge to their accent.
My wife’s uncle Mick from County Cork Ireland worked in the steel works at Corby and picked up a real Scottish accent wrapped round his Cork one could hardly understand him.

robbiekeane

just not really sure how you could still think that's "your club", when you've all of a sudden got a shit tonne of mercenaries playing for you and you know that you're owned by the leaders of a state that only recently allowed women to drive again?

Imagine being a gay newcastle fan? How must that feel knowing your very being is illegal in the state ran by your clubs owners.

Just boggles, and weird comments by shearer.

Users who are viewing this thread