Newcastle United Saudi Takeover (4 Viewers)

clint van damme

Oh God no. Facebook is bad enough and I assume Twitter is even worse.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not on Facebook but I've heard it's a cesspit. Think Sky Blue twitter is more just deluded.

Liquid Gold

The people I know personally that are more active on CCFC Facebook and Twitter very rarely go to games. It's mainly just performative for likes on both.

Evo1883

They've already got loads of new middle Eastern , African and Saudi fans on Facebook 🤮🤮🤮

Fucking hate football at times

Moff

Probably the most deluded fans in the country.
Wankers.

My dads family are Geordies. To be fair to them, and I cant speak for all their fanbase, just those and the people I've met through them, they just wanted a club with some sort of ambition to just nurture players and improve, a bit like we have, rather than just exist for Ashley to make money from, which was similar to how we were.

Evo1883

My dads family are Geordies. To be fair to them, and I cant speak for all their fanbase, just those and the people I've met through them, they just wanted a club with some sort of ambition to just nurture players and improve, a bit like we have, rather than just exist for Ashley to make money from, which was similar to how we were.

They've had hundreds of millions put into the playing side alone , nothing like us really is it

chiefdave

This one is the best one by far

He's got a point. Under Ashley they've only spent £519m on players and had to endure 2 seasons in the Championship, going up as winners both times.

Clearly that's far worse than administration, ending up in L2, playing in Northampton and Birmingham, renting the stadium built for you from a London rugby club and being amazed when the club pays £1m for a player, which has I think only happened 3 times for us while Ashley was owner of Newcastle and spending half a billion on players (Eastwood, Hamer and Gyokeres are the only 3 I can remember). You've got to feel sorry for them.

Moff

They've had hundreds of millions put into the playing side alone , nothing like us really is it

Its the concept, not the figures. They have predominantly been either in the Premier League or had parachute payments so their budget would always far surpass ours.

Its the idea that they are all deluded, they aren't in my experience, they just want a club that's not dead, being run for the purposes of a billionaire to get richer, which is somewhat similar to what's been levelled at SISU.

Evo1883

He's got a point. Under Ashley they've only spent £519m on players and had to endure 2 seasons in the Championship, going up as winners both times.

Clearly that's far worse than administration, ending up in L2, playing in Northampton and Birmingham, renting the stadium built for you from a London rugby club and being amazed when the club pays £1m for a player, which has I think only happened 3 times for us while Ashley was owner of Newcastle and spending half a billion on players (Eastwood, Hamer and Gyokeres are the only 3 I can remember). You've got to feel sorry for them.

Oh , and selling clubs merchandise off a pasting table in the concourse, we really hit the big time 🤣

chiefdave

Will be funny if its just some weird political move and they don't end up pumping loads of money into them.

Moff

Bet their fans are taking the news well. They've always seemed such a reasonable lot 😂

Just looked at their forum.....only 497 pages in less than three months.
Makes some of our threads seem short and rational!

Bugsy

Byker Grove will be making a come back at this rate ffs why aye man

Samo

Does Amanda Staverley look like the Lion from The Wizard of Oz or is it just me? 😁

Last edited:

eastwoodsdustman

Glad for Mike Ashley that he’s managed to get out of the joke of a club and it’s joke fans. They’ll spunk millions away again and the fans will whinge that they’re not winning the league.
Goon army.

Sbarcher

Hmm. Mike Ashley with millions in his pocket to buy another football club. Watch out Joy!

covmark

Glad for Mike Ashley that he’s managed to get out of the joke of a club and it’s joke fans. They’ll spunk millions away again and the fans will whinge that they’re not winning the league.
Goon army.
Yep, another multi billion pound club that everyone hates.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

I don’t think it was a serious link at all Ashley loves publicity doesn’t he.
Red Bull were definitely linked I think one of their main men is a big City fan. Think a case of 2+2 equaling 5

Users who are viewing this thread