Newcastle United Saudi Takeover (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Yes but Coventry City isn’t her only project. Barnsley owner is top of the list but the group owns another 6 clubs I think
Speaking of which has there been any indication from Newcastles new owners are going to go on a Man City / Chelsea style spending spree? Just because they've got it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be chucking it at Newcastle.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This supposed increase in club value is a nonsense, complete bollocks but it makes a good headline.

These clubs have no right to the owners wealth but the owner has the right to the clubs wealth ...... not the same thing at all. The club is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In this case £305m. The owners may decide to put funds in but the club cannot assume it is their right.

Complete rubbish to appropriate the billions to each club

TomRad85

Speaking of which has there been any indication from Newcastles new owners are going to go on a Man City / Chelsea style spending spree? Just because they've got it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be chucking it at Newcastle.
Well they want to buy Inter too so would be pretty amusing if after all this they just used Newcastle as a feeder club.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

There is already talk of them buying Kane and Mbappe in January (I suppose all the big names will now be linked)

Tommo1993

If they want to keep from overstepping the FFP rules, then it’s a very gradual process. Something their “fans” seem to be forgetting.

ovduk78

If they want to keep from overstepping the FFP rules, then it’s a very gradual process. Something their “fans” seem to be forgetting.
Not sure they have to because under Ashley they made a profit and have been sold with a positive bank balance. Under FFP they can lose something ridiculous like £135m over 3 seasons so they can probably splash out a considerable amount in January and before next season. It won't be easy to attract top players without qualifying for European competition and it won't be easy to attract a top manager with the squad they have. Will probably have to be a gradual process upgrading players and managers as necessary.

Sky Blue Harry H

The ship sailed ages ago. Jealousy in some cases, hypocrisy in others.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Exactly this - what the 'big' clubs are afraid of is that somebody else is going to get their nose in the Champions League trough, and that one of them will miss out as a result. It's naff all about football, fair competition, and they are taking a stance akin to that of themselves not wanting to redirect any of the PL income to support the clubs in the leagues below. Money, and self interest. Nothing else. I'm glad it's happened if it upsets the 'cartel'

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly this - what the 'big' clubs are afraid of is that somebody else is going to get their nose in the Champions League trough, and that one of them will miss out as a result. It's naff all about football, fair competition, and they are taking a stance akin to that of themselves not wanting to redirect any of the PL income to support the clubs in the leagues below. Money, and self interest. Nothing else. I'm glad it's happened if it upsets the 'cartel'

Forgetting the other clubs for a minute, we’ve now got a quasi state owned club in the league, and not a particularly benevolent one. Is that no cause for concern in its own right?

Grendel

Forgetting the other clubs for a minute, we’ve now got a quasi state owned club in the league, and not a particularly benevolent one. Is that no cause for concern in its own right?

it’s private enterprise so in the real world it happens

robbiekeane

it’s private enterprise so in the real world it happens
But there’s no point comparing it to real world private enterprise. If it was just real world business we’d have franchise teams moving all over the place like the US of A

Football is supposed to be different. Not sure for how much longer

Grendel

But there’s no point comparing it to real world private enterprise. If it was just real world business we’d have franchise teams moving all over the place like the US of A

Football is supposed to be different. Not sure for how much longer

it hasn’t been different since 1992

Grendel

Football hasn’t been in the real world for a long time

Well I’m some ways it has - the company I worked for made profit about twice in 20 years and many suitors were prepared to pump billions in

Nick

Administrator
Just had a bloke on itv talking about it. Apparent football blogger.

Came on saying how the takeover was amazing and then the other guy said about some of the negatives and he shit himself and did a quick u turn.

Users who are viewing this thread