Newcastle United Saudi Takeover (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Now apparantly going to happen

Another to add to the growing list of clubs with an endless pot of cash , Would be the richest club in the world by some distance by all accounts worth 320 billion

Wouldn't moan if it was us tbh 😆

Last edited:

David O'Day

Having read the reports it no may happen in the future but there's still a lot more that would need to be done.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Can't help thinking that the owners and directors test is being fudged to allow it to go through. Possibly due to threat of legal action ?

Not sure you can separate the buying entity from the Saudi state when both are controlled by the same people.

That sets an uncomfortable precedent I think

Also nufc doesn't suddenly become worth billions that's a complete nonsense. Does nufc have a right to or own that wealth..... no.

chiefdave

Not sure you can separate the buying entity from the Saudi state when both are controlled by the same people.
Its amazing the blindspots people have when it comes to thinks like that. Mate of mine is the biggest leftie going on any cause of protest there is he's there for it. But he's already celebrating money from the Saudi state being used to fund Newcastles rise!

Frostie

Long been said that football has no morals but for fans to be welcoming these potential new owners with open arms is disconcerting.

They can't suddenly become an elite team overnight due to FFP anyway.

fernandopartridge

Long been said that football has no morals but for fans to be welcoming these potential new owners with open arms is disconcerting.

They never will be. They had a very generous benefactor in the mid 90s (not on the levels of Saudis but comparatively rich when compared with the rest of the league), they still won not a single trophy. Today they're up against 3 other teams with almost infinite wealth but in the case of one or two, far more attraction to any would be manager or player.

Skyblueweeman

The mind boggles when I see articles like this:

Particularly this bit:

"Many fans want current owner Mike Ashley to leave the club after a 14-year reign, which they believe has been plagued by a lack of investment and ambition".

So, I've just had a look on Soccerbase and this is what they've spent on transfers in his 14 year reign:

21/22 - £25m (1 transfer) so far
20/21 - £20m (1) plus 2 frees, 1 undisclosed
19/20 - £21m (2) plus 3 frees
18/19 - £70m (4) plus 1 free, 1 undisc
17/18 - £35.25m (5) plus 2 free, 1 undis
16/17 - £2.6m (1) plus 7 undisc
15/16 - £103.4m (10) plus 1 free, 2 undisc
14/15 - £17m (4) plus 1 free, 1 undisc
13/14 - £0 - 1 undisc
12/13 - £17.9m (6) plus 3 undisc
11/12 - £18.8m (3) plus 3 free, 2 undisc
10/11 - £5.5m (2) plus 4 free
9/10 - £750k (1) plus 1 free, 5 undisc
8/9 - £17.3m (4) plus 1 free, 3 undisc

Total spend - £354.5 plus 27 undisclosed fees

In the same time frame, they brought in fees of £310m. A net +£44m invested but as time has gone on, their running costs/wages will have increased so to have invested ALL they've received and £44m more (plus what they would've paid for the undiscloseds) - they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Winny the Bish

Happy for the fans, disgusted that a murderous regime get their hands on an English football club.

Newcastle's new signings could be flown into Tyneside on the same PIF-owned planes that transported the Saudi Death Squad to Turkey to kill Jamal Khashoggi.

TomRad85

At least their fans didn't abandon their club when they didn't like the owner, jump ship to rugby and try and get hem liquidated so they could start again.
I could go on a rant about one of my mates here, I avoid football talk with him now as it makes me angry.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

The mind boggles when I see articles like this:

Particularly this bit:

"Many fans want current owner Mike Ashley to leave the club after a 14-year reign, which they believe has been plagued by a lack of investment and ambition".

So, I've just had a look on Soccerbase and this is what they've spent on transfers in his 14 year reign:

21/22 - £25m (1 transfer) so far
20/21 - £20m (1) plus 2 frees, 1 undisclosed
19/20 - £21m (2) plus 3 frees
18/19 - £70m (4) plus 1 free, 1 undisc
17/18 - £35.25m (5) plus 2 free, 1 undis
16/17 - £2.6m (1) plus 7 undisc
15/16 - £103.4m (10) plus 1 free, 2 undisc
14/15 - £17m (4) plus 1 free, 1 undisc
13/14 - £0 - 1 undisc
12/13 - £17.9m (6) plus 3 undisc
11/12 - £18.8m (3) plus 3 free, 2 undisc
10/11 - £5.5m (2) plus 4 free
9/10 - £750k (1) plus 1 free, 5 undisc
8/9 - £17.3m (4) plus 1 free, 3 undisc

Total spend - £354.5 plus 27 undisclosed fees

In the same time frame, they brought in fees of £310m. A net +£44m invested but as time has gone on, their running costs/wages will have increased so to have invested ALL they've received and £44m more (plus what they would've paid for the undiscloseds) - they're living in cloud cuckoo land.

So you could argue that Ashley's biggest failure during his tenure is consistently appointing the wrong manager

Evo1883

Conte will be their first appointment I reckon , Bruce will last 1 game at most

no_loyalty

Conte will be their first appointment I reckon , Bruce will last 1 game at most

I reckon he is probably clearing his office out as we speak, there is no way the new owners will want him in charge.

Evo1883

Keep an eye on what this does for clubs , and how glory supporters flock naturally to clubs that have mega takeovers.

Newcastle currently have 2.3 million followers on Facebook
And 1.7 million on twitter .

Give it 2 months from day of takeover will be millions more

Reactions: AOM

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Took a very quick look at the NUFC accounts

Ashley bought in 23/05/2007

Since then the club has purchased £519m in players and sold £331m in players up to 30/06/2020

I make that a net investment of £188m in players. Hardly insignificant, and thats is before accounting for the funds needed to support the business. At 30 June 2020 Ashley was owed £106m

must be so tough being a NUFC fan

In that time CCFC have purchased 10.4m and sold 22.5m and owe the owners (since administration) 19.5m (pre admin was something around 20m i think)

I am struggling to have much sympathy for Geordies moaning how hard done by they are.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Took a very quick look at the NUFC accounts

Ashley bought in 23/05/2007

Since then the club has purchased £519m in players and sold £331m in players up to 30/06/2020

I make that a net investment of £188m in players. Hardly insignificant, and thats is before accounting for the funds needed to support the business. At 30 June 2020 Ashley was owed £106m

must be so tough being a NUFC fan

In that time CCFC have purchased 10.4m and sold 22.5m and owe the owners (since administration) 19.5m (pre admin was something around 20m i think)

I am struggling to have much sympathy for Geordies moaning how hard done by they are.

Ashley's debt to the club is non interest bearing as well

Evo1883

Really what it boils down to is a large fanbase , thinking they belong somewhere where they historically probably don't.. by that I mean in the top 6 or so places in the english football pyramid

They last won a title almost 100 years ago , and last won a truly major honour over 60 years ago .

The delusion probably comes down to the fact they have large attendances and manifests from that

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
and add to what i put earlier

When Ashley took over balance sheet net liabilities (£16m) and squad value £40m per the financial statements

30/06/2020 Balance sheet net assets £20m and squad value in the financial statements £93m

The new owners cannot invest in players until January earliest, which is always over inflated. What they do put in you would assume is going to be by way of loans so debt will immediately grow. Players targeted to join and selling clubs are going to look at who owns and try to add a premium. I would also think a premium would be likely to get players there in the first place when compared to cities like London, Manchester Liverpool. (yes i know its a lovely part of the country) So wage bill goes up, quite likely losses increase. But no problem they have mega rich owners with bottomless pockets of cash..............

It is one thing having super rich owners who pile funds in but what happens when the owners want out - going to be a limited number of people etc who could afford to buy in and those people will have a choice of all the biggest clubs worldwide.

The big clubs, Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool are already well established at the top and in some senses moving forward and away from the other teams in the division in terms of quality......... they also have established track records of great success in England & Europe, just because NUFC have money available doesnt put them anywhere close to that four and i dont see them pushing the likes of Spurs or Leicester out of the way either

wonder who or what they are going to blame in 5 years time when they havent swept everyone else away

Last edited:

Evo1883

and add to what i put earlier

When Ashley took over balance sheet net liabilities (£16m) and squad value £40m per the financial statements

30/06/2020 Balance sheet net assets £20m and squad value in the financial statements £93m

The new owners cannot invest in players until January earliest, which is always over inflated. What they do put in you would assume is going to be by way of loans so debt will immediately grow. Players targeted to join and selling clubs are going to look at who owns and try to add a premium. I would also think a premium would be likely to get players there in the first place when compared to cities like London, Manchester Liverpool. (yes i know its a lovely part of the country) So wage bill goes up, quite likely losses increase. But no problem they have mega rich owners with bottomless pockets of cash

It is one thing having super rich owners who pile funds in but what happens when the owners want out - going to be a limited number of people etc who could afford to buy in and those people will have a choice of all the biggest clubs worldwide.

In fairness , we've yet to see a situation where a "super owner " has pulled the plug , atleast in England

And every club which has been in this position has seen their status around the globe rise on a monumental scale .

Newcastle will surely be no different

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
only room for so many really though, and for it to truly work the team has to win things to cement the global reputation.

I think having the super owner locks that owner in and no we havent seen any pull the plug in England ..... yet

Their problem really, at least the toon might stop bleating for a while. 14 years of hell & hurt ? ............ they really havent got a clue what that is

Last edited:

chiefdave

In fairness , we've yet to see a situation where a "super owner " has pulled the plug , atleast in England
At some point you'd have to think the bubble will burst. There's two options here, its either a hobby for the super rich and people can lose interest in hobbies or the other option which I probably shouldn't post about on a public forum given they can afford much better lawyers than me!

If its just a hobby then what happens when an owner gets board? Are the fans counting on them walking away without a penny?

Terry Gibson's perm

I reckon he is probably clearing his office out as we speak, there is no way the new owners will want him in charge.

He won’t struggle for helpers, their fans seemed to really hate him.

He will be getting ready to join Chris Hughton in the linked for every job game.

clint van damme

Our government is in balls deep with him and the Saudi regime, as have been previous governments for decades, not sure why we should start looking to Newcastle for moral guidance.

We've already got clubs owned by all sorts of wrong 'uns in the EPL and beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread