New Stadium Announcement (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Having witnessed what's gone on over the last year or so no point in even applying.

If there's an ounce of truth in that they should approach CCC just so they can turn them down. At least SISU would have something remotely resembling a smoking gun then.

J

Jack Griffin

To be honest the Bermuda isn't the worst location for a football ground. They would need to sort the junction out a bit but I assume it would be the land on the left before you get to the cinema and stuff coming from Cov?

IF it did happen, so much of it would come down to how SISU / CCFC handle the PR side of it and dealing with people to make people back it more, they would need to sell the "dream".

Wrong side of the M6, that site will not be a success. 7 Miles from Coventry High St.
bp-cap10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

chiefdave

Theres nowhere to build accept green belt.

Surely there must be some sites in Coventry where you can build a football stadium. Doesn't necessarily have to be a site with nothing on now, they could buy a site thats in use and replace what is there if they wanted to. What happened to the old Courtaulds site, has that all be put to use, what about where Peugeot used to be?

If the fantasy stadium is here the club is finished as anything but a pathetic lower league club

Could the plan be build a temporary stadium as cheaply as possible (I wonder just how cheap it could be built, maybe utilise temporary stands similar to Fulham), hope Wasps plan fails without us there and then move back to the Ricoh having purchased ACL off Wasps for even less than they paid. A risky plan but SISU are no stranger to them, could be a possibility.

Wrong side of the M6, that site will not be a success.

It's not really that different to something like the Falmer Stadium is it? What is it, 3 or 4 miles from the Ricoh. In practical terms, especially if they made decent transport options available, its not really any more trouble than getting to the Ricoh. I don't think anyone who didn't go wouldn't be going due to practicality it would either on principle or just another excuse for people who have no intention of going no matter where we play.

The Gentleman

Surely there must be some sites in Coventry where you can build a football stadium. Doesn't necessarily have to be a site with nothing on now, they could buy a site thats in use and replace what is there if they wanted to. What happened to the old Courtaulds site, has that all be put to use, what about where Peugeot used to be?

Could the plan be build a temporary stadium as cheaply as possible (I wonder just how cheap it could be built, maybe utilise temporary stands similar to Fulham), hope Wasps plan fails without us there and then move back to the Ricoh having purchased ACL off Wasps for even less than they paid. A risky plan but SISU are no stranger to them, could be a possibility.

It's not really that different to something like the Falmer Stadium is it? What is it, 3 or 4 miles from the Ricoh. In practical terms, especially if they made decent transport options available, its not really any more trouble than getting to the Ricoh. I don't think anyone who didn't go wouldn't be going due to practicality it would either on principle or just another excuse for people who have no intention of going no matter where we play.

How many 60 acre sites are there in the city? Lets not forget what we are constantly being told about what needs to be on the site along with the football stadium. Also, with the national shortage of sites for housing and the fact that the prices are continually rising, do you think that Sisu would be able to out bid a building company or even want to get into a bidding war?

chiefdave

How many 60 acre sites are there in the city? Lets not forget what we are constantly being told about what needs to be on the site along with the football stadium. Also, with the national shortage of sites for housing and the fact that the prices are continually rising, do you think that Sisu would be able to out bid a building company or even want to get into a bidding war?

What about if we accept that it's just for a stadium and nothing else. We're not here discussing price of the land, it's being categorically stated that there is no site in the city that a stadium can be built on, I'm questioning if that is correct. We won't get planning permission or we won't be able to afford it doesn't mean it's not available.

SkyBlueHomer

Cant see where there could be space if Bermuda is correct. By the cinema is all fields so probably green belt. Also the hospital is in bermuda just up A444 so sure they would not be happy due to extra traffic. The only space maybe would be the quarry if they do a deal there.
Would be hard to see anywhere in or north of Coventry getting planning permission. I am sure the Ricoh needed a public consultation & government approval so with a 32,000 seater stadium in local area I struggle to see how it could ever get built

RegTheDonk

Wrong side of the M6, that site will not be a success. 7 Miles from Coventry High St.

I think its all hot air, but Fisher needs to do a bit of fan research. Tell us WHERE this proposed stadium is planned, then canvass/poll the fans. How many would be willing to travel, buy a season ticket, etc etc.

He made a monumental miscalculation on how many would go to Northampton. And that was just renting. Actually going ahead and buying land on a whim could be another spectacular blunder.

Otis

I think its all hot air, but Fisher needs to do a bit of fan research. Tell us WHERE this proposed stadium is planned, then canvass/poll the fans. How many would be willing to travel, buy a season ticket, etc etc.

He made a monumental miscalculation on how many would go to Northampton. And that was just renting. Actually going ahead and buying land on a whim could be another spectacular blunder.

Excatly what they need to do. Come up with a location and then ask fans if they would be onboard with it.

My guess would be a large majority against relocating to Nuneaton and would deem it unnaceptable. Am guessing that those in favour don't give two hoots about Nuneaton Town and their fans. :whistle:

Astute

I think they would have refused whilst the Ricoh was up for grabs but if SISU wanted to develop a piece of land they would be silly to refuse. SISU are clearly not wanting to deal with CCC anymore given what has gone off.

SISU have never wanted to deal with CCC. Everything they have tried to do has been on their terms and no negotiations. No trying to do a deal. I would also guess that the reason for saying that they don't trust CCC enough to do a deal now is that they wouldn't be able to hide the fact of there being no new stadium if CCC were involved in what SISU are telling us.

Covfather

If SISU announce they have purchased land on Bermuda Park, and the sale of my house on Bermuda Park falls through because of it..I seriously will kick the fook out of Tim Fisher and co.when there's a planned meeting about the site.

torchomatic

And CCC never wanted to deal with SISU.

SISU have never wanted to deal with CCC. Everything they have tried to do has been on their terms and no negotiations. No trying to do a deal. I would also guess that the reason for saying that they don't trust CCC enough to do a deal now is that they wouldn't be able to hide the fact of there being no new stadium if CCC were involved in what SISU are telling us.

The Reverend Skyblue

A ground at Bermuda would take much longer than twenty years to get a return on the pathetically small crowds that will go

I can only think Sisu may believe a smaller stadium ,with a much smaller but higher quality squad, with the reduced costs but better quality could that model somehow reach the Premier.

if everything is smaller in size ,like the squad,the stadium, staffing, then there will be much lower costs, and if that model can somehow reach the Prem with that they will hit the jackpot, even if they only stay in the Prem for one season.

Obviously a smaller stadium but with higher entrance/season tickets could bridge the financial gap of staying at the Ricoh on high teen crowds which is what we would get if remotely decent.

Rotherham could be the model they are following, but with a smaller higher quality squad , and if they can bring through say 5/6 of the squad as academy players on lowish money ,with the average wage about 4/5000 a week mark ,then it's a win win situation if it could reach the promise land

im just trying to think what the he'll are they up to if they build the "Nou Tinpot".

Can anyone else see a case for a smaller out of city stadium,I'm struggling but it's my best effort

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

If SISU/ARVO actually do this then the metamorphosis from Championship club to a poor facsimile of Crewe in the Dario Grady years will be complete.

There will be no hope of returning to the level the club was when they bought it and I rather think an ambitious club located in Coventry (over 10-15 yrs) could eventually take the place of CCFC.

This is no more than a process of continuous decline with rising and totally unsustainable debt, led by poor decision makers that do not consult or try to please their paying customers.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If SISU/ARVO actually do this then the metamorphosis from Championship club to a poor facsimile of Crewe in the Dario Grady years will be complete.

There will be no hope of returning to the level the club was when they bought it and I rather think an ambitious club located in Coventry (over 10-15 yrs) could eventually take the place of CCFC.

This is no more than a process of continuous decline with rising and totally unsustainable debt, led by poor decision makers that do not consult or try to please their paying customers.

Agreed, where as a Ricoh rental deal with not enough revenues and would probably complete the metamorphosis to Bradford City over the last 10 years.

tbh I can't see anyway in which we return to that level from the current situation.

Speng

Sorry if this has been posted before.
I think our stadium should have a capacity of 30:000 , it should be a 2 tier stadium like mk Dons , 15:000 lower level and 15:000 upper tier ,
We would only open the top tier on the so called big games , this would still give us the big revenue when called upon , also would keep the fans closer together ... Thoughts everyone .......

torchomatic

I don't like them either. The issue with you, your tag partner and many others on here is I don't love CCC.

O poor old Sisu nobody likes them.

Except for you and RFC :facepalm:

skybluetony176

I don't like them either. The issue with you, your tag partner and many others on here is I don't love CCC.

The issue is you only ever talk about how you dont like CCC and everyone else but SISU when the truth is SISU carry the vast amount of the blame for our ongoing problems and 100% of the responsability to get it sorted.

Astute

And CCC never wanted to deal with SISU.

Never?

More like they knew that there was no chance of getting anywhere with them after the road map and the litigation started. It is no excuse for CCC to have let Wasps get the Ricoh. But whatever your views are you know it is the truth.

shmmeee

Nonsense from RFC? check.

Massive trolling from Torch? Check.

Good to see nothing changes on here.

chiefdave

Sorry if this has been posted before.
I think our stadium should have a capacity of 30:000 , it should be a 2 tier stadium like mk Dons , 15:000 lower level and 15:000 upper tier ,
We would only open the top tier on the so called big games , this would still give us the big revenue when called upon , also would keep the fans closer together ... Thoughts everyone .......

I'm coming round to the idea that 12-15K will be fine. The key is how quickly it can be upgraded in the event the demand is regularly there. I'd be looking at maybe a permanent main stand with the dressing rooms, shop, offices etc and make use of temporary stands for the rest. If you do that you'd be able to take them out between seasons and replace with something bigger if needed. When people think temporary stands I think they get the wrong impression. Most of Fulhams ground is temporary stands, same with a lot of the olympic venues, it's not that different to a permanent stand these days apart from not lasting as long / being as hard wearing.

If anything a smaller capacity might drive demand. At the moment nobody is thinking I must get a season ticket or buy in advance as I might not get in. A smaller stadium and even a slight upturn in our fortunes might see people looking to ensure they are there.

Grendel

Nonsense from RFC? check.

Massive trolling from Torch? Check.

Good to see nothing changes on here.

Council whore hiding in the bunker and popping his head above the parapet only occasionally these days. Check.

torchomatic

OK then, for a very long time. SISU dug the hole and lowered the coffin down, that's quite clear. However, CCC threw in the soil and erected the headstone:

NO CCFC OWNERSHIP FOR 250 YEARS

Never?

More like they knew that there was no chance of getting anywhere with them after the road map and the litigation started. It is no excuse for CCC to have let Wasps get the Ricoh. But whatever your views are you know it is the truth.

martcov

OK then, for a very long time. SISU dug the hole and lowered the coffin down, that's quite clear. However, CCC threw in the soil and erected the headstone:

NO CCFC OWNERSHIP FOR 250 YEARS

Pure conjecture. I think a stadium in Nuneaton would spell the end well before the 250 years elapse - but tbf, that is also conjecture.

torchomatic

Wasps controlling the Ricoh for a quarter of a millennia is fact isn't it?

Pure conjecture. I think a stadium in Nuneaton would spell the end well before the 250 years elapse - but tbf, that is also conjecture.

martcov

I'm coming round to the idea that 12-15K will be fine. The key is how quickly it can be upgraded in the event the demand is regularly there. I'd be looking at maybe a permanent main stand with the dressing rooms, shop, offices etc and make use of temporary stands for the rest. If you do that you'd be able to take them out between seasons and replace with something bigger if needed. When people think temporary stands I think they get the wrong impression. Most of Fulhams ground is temporary stands, same with a lot of the olympic venues, it's not that different to a permanent stand these days apart from not lasting as long / being as hard wearing.

Based on current tendencies and expectations - 12 - 15k would be enough ( apart from maybe one time a year ). The point is really, could we ever get a larger stadium together quickly should we, be some fluke ( like Yeovil did ) get promoted to the championship? At least in the Ricoh, you had in the back of your head, that we could quickly rise again. We looked like a big club awaiting a return to better days. In a small out of town stadium we would not only look like a small club ( Rotherham, Crewe, as examples ), but actually be one.

If anything a smaller capacity might drive demand. At the moment nobody is thinking I must get a season ticket or buy in advance as I might not get in. A smaller stadium and even a slight upturn in our fortunes might see people looking to ensure they are there.

martcov

What happened there? As I was saying, A ground with around 12-15K would be enough considering current tendencies and expectations, except for maybe 1 game a year. The question being, could you get a stadium together quickly in the unlikely event that we do a Yeovil and get promoted? At the Ricoh you had at least the idea in the back of your head that we were a big team awaiting a return to the top league. In a small stadium in a neighbouring small town, we would not only look like a small club ( e.g. Rotherham, Crewe ), but would actually be one. Hard for me to take in.

martcov

Wasps controlling the Ricoh for a quarter of a millennia is fact isn't it?

Well come back as a ghost in 250 years and we'll see... They have a lease for 250 years, but a lot can happen in that time. So, I wouldn't put your money on it. What I would put money on, is that, if we go to Nuneaton ( and stay there ) we won't get to the premiere league in my lifetime. Statistically, I have 18 years to go. ( Hope I am wrong ). I also think that Wasps are owners of a stadium and have little - apart from rent and f&b negotiations - to do with our football club. If we get a new stadium ARVO will be the new Wasps and will also have little to do with the daily business of running a football team. So why does it matter if it is wasps or Arvo, both want a rent and share of F&B. Why shouod Joy's Investors be any more generös than Wasps Investors?

Nick

Administrator
Well come back as a ghost in 250 years and we'll see... They have a lease for 250 years, but a lot can happen in that time. So, I wouldn't put your money on it. What I would put money on, is that, if we go to Nuneaton ( and stay there ) we won't get to the premiere league in my lifetime. Statistically, I have 18 years to go. ( Hope I am wrong ). I also think that Wasps are owners of a stadium and have little - apart from rent and f&b negotiations - to do with our football club. If we get a new stadium ARVO will be the new Wasps and will also have little to do with the daily business of running a football team. So why does it matter if it is wasps or Arvo, both want a rent and share of F&B. Why shouod Joy's Investors be any more generös than Wasps Investors?

I put money on as soon as a ball is kicked you will be too busy to bother so what's your problem?

chiefdave

What happened there? As I was saying, A ground with around 12-15K would be enough considering current tendencies and expectations, except for maybe 1 game a year. The question being, could you get a stadium together quickly in the unlikely event that we do a Yeovil and get promoted? At the Ricoh you had at least the idea in the back of your head that we were a big team awaiting a return to the top league. In a small stadium in a neighbouring small town, we would not only look like a small club ( e.g. Rotherham, Crewe ), but would actually be one. Hard for me to take in.

Had a quick look into this. Take a look at this, cost £15m to build, holds 18K and was constructed, start to finish, in less than 100 days. Is designed to last 5 - 10 years and can be expanded to 25K. From the sounds of things the expansion can be done very quickly as it mentions it being possible to expand for one off events.

AMI stadium aerial for web.jpg

And remember the volleyball at the Olympics? That was a 15K temp stadium, didn't take long to put up.

b28db016055c31331ed048a1f57a4963f12ee19e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread