New Stadium Announcement (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

And yet there appears to be some people who are welcoming RFC Franchise despite it putting the future of CCFC at risk and endangering CCFC to be franchised out themselves in the future.

Presumably the same 7,000 who protested the Sixfields madness by watching MK Dons!

Ate you feeling OK? You forgot to mention MGI in your post.

chiefdave

And yet there appears to be some people who are welcoming RFC Franchise despite it putting the future of CCFC at risk and endangering CCFC to be franchised out themselves in the future.

I don't think we'll be franchised. I don't think there's anywhere viable for us to go, Birmingham is a non starter as there's too much competition, although if Byng is involved there is an empty plot on the edge of the NEC complex very close to one of the proposed HS2 stations thats approx 6 miles from the Coventry boundary. Aside from something like that what big city would want to bring in a struggling L1 team?

Think it's more likely we'll either stay around the L1 / L2 level or eventually drop out of the league and fold.

dongonzalos

Presumably the same 7,000 who protested the Sixfields madness by watching MK Dons!

Yep loads of people laying down the palms on the road in front of the wasps tour bus.

This comes up a lot in a lot of threads. However it is mostly people like you,Grendel, Sick boy, CCFC and others repeatedly talking about people welcoming Wasps and agreeing with Francising

I have terms (not by yourself) such as wetting themselves I over wasps
Getting moist about wasps
Getting hysterical over wasps etc etc etc.

When actually all most people are saying the CCFC situation is not wasps fault so what's the point if attacking them.

The RFC should ban franc hung like the FL have. It really is as simple as that. Have a go at the RFC not Cov fans.

Nick

Administrator
Yep loads of people laying down the palms on the road in front of the wasps tour bus.

This comes up a lot in a lot of threads. However it is mostly people like you,Grendel, Sick boy, CCFC and others repeatedly talking about people welcoming Wasps and agreeing with Francising

I have terms (not by yourself) such as wetting themselves I over wasps
Getting moist about wasps
Getting hysterical over wasps etc etc etc.

When actually all most people are saying the CCFC situation is not wasps fault so what's the point if attacking them.

The RFC should ban franc hung like the FL have. It really is as simple as that. Have a go at the RFC not Cov fans.
You missed getting a wide on :) people are justifying franchising though aren't they?

ccfc92

The lack of replies from RFC, shows this thread is exactly what he wanted.

Really can't understand how some people's lifes revolve around winding up people on the internet. Very, very sad.

Anyway, where's my stamp collection... :whistle:

Skyblueweeman

The lack of replies from RFC, shows this thread is exactly what he wanted.

Really can't understand how some people's lifes revolve around winding up people on the internet. Very, very sad.

Anyway, where's my stamp collection... :whistle:

In his defence, he only posted something that someone else wrote on Twitter and it was only an hour ago. Maybe he's taking a massive sh*t or something. People are allowed to post something, then go and do something with their lives other than conversing with you :)

bigfatronssba

That's true but why does it have to be a binary thing? No matter how badly SISU have behaved CCC are in a position where they should rise above that and take the moral high ground, they appear to have not done that but to have taken an action to spite SISU which will affect our football club and other sections of the community, not least CRFC, long after SISU have gone.

You might not like the councils actions, you might not believe them to be the best for the city, but a local authority will never make a policy decision based on spite.

chiefdave

You might not like the councils actions, you might not believe them to be the best for the city, but a local authority will never make a policy decision based on spite.

So we're back once again to the same question. Did CCC offer CCFC a 250 year lease for £6m. If yes then fine, if not then it looks a lot like spite to me.

bigfatronssba

So we're back once again to the same question. Did CCC offer CCFC a 250 year lease for £6m. If yes then fine, if not then it looks a lot like spite to me.

It looks like CCC chose an organisation that has a much better track record of running a business.

If you take the sky blue specs off, would you choose sisu as a suitable organisation to develop and advance the Ricoh?

ccfc92

In his defence, he only posted something that someone else wrote on Twitter and it was only an hour ago. Maybe he's taking a massive sh*t or something. People are allowed to post something, then go and do something with their lives other than conversing with you :)

True :)

Yet when the poster's name is in the list of browsers at the bottom, you know they are lurking ;)

chiefdave

It looks like CCC chose an organisation that has a much better track record of running a business.

If you take the sky blue specs off, would you choose sisu as a suitable organisation to develop and advance the Ricoh?

If it was a business to business transaction then I would totally agree with you but the council has a different remit and I would argue that the fortunes of a club that has been based here since 1883, and will hopefully be here long after the current owners have gone, should have a bearing on the decision. At the very least there should have been a consultation period and some openness so the people of Coventry could voice their views.

As you say removing the Sky Blue specs if, for example, they sell the site of the coventry baths at a knock down price to a property investor from London who has a good track record of running a business would that be OK? Of course not, money that, to over simplify, belongs to the taxpayer would have been lost.

It seems to me they have either misled over performance and future projections of ACL or they have sold at below value, in either scenario there are questions for the council to answer. Doesn't mean they have done anything illegal of course but I don't think the wall of silence is doing them any favours, just makes it look like they're hiding something.

The Lurker

For the many doubters, A Very Merry Christmas & A Happy. New Year! PUSB

@CCFCStadium: During SCG conference call today Fisher confirmed that there was massive progress on the land purchase. Announcement in the New Year.

Bermuda park Nuneaton is the rumour round wheatsheaf

skybluetony176

Bermuda park Nuneaton is the rumour round wheatsheaf

I'm sure that if that happens all the posters who have been critical over CCC moving in an out of town sports club into Coventry while ignoring our owners failings will be equally critical of N&BBC for doing the same.

Nick

Administrator
It would be ok as surely you would people from the trust doing their best to justify it?

I personally think it is still bollocks anyway. If it was 12,000, it would need to be easily upgradeable. Bring your own chair like a big family dinner.

Nick

Administrator
Dont you mean downgradable?

Nah, as the bandwagon seems to be supporting franchise moves now so once that gets rolling it would need to have more seats ;) Just need to get italia and steve on the case.

Would need to put a buffet on though when announcing it.

SkyblueBazza

It would be ok as surely you would people from the trust doing their best to justify it?

I personally think it is still bollocks anyway. If it was 12,000, it would need to be easily upgradeable. Bring your own chair like a big family dinner.
Unless an occasional romp into L1 play-offs is the limit of your ambition.

skybluetony176

Nah, as the bandwagon seems to be supporting franchise moves now so once that gets rolling it would need to have more seats ;) Just need to get italia and steve on the case.

What bandwagon? Do you mean the one in yours, grendulls and sick boys head or do a handful of crackpots now qualify as a bandwagon?

Nick

Administrator
What bandwagon? Do you mean the one in yours, grendulls and sick boys head or do a handful of crackpots now qualify as a bandwagon?

Yes of course, there will only be a couple of city fans tomorrow going to the wasps game who were demanding football be fixed. ;)

I thought the bandwagon was moving in a top flight team to get instant top class sport to go and watch?

You never know, we could maybe steal some Treacle Fans while we are at it?

skybluetony176

Yes of course, there will only be a couple of city fans tomorrow going to the wasps game who were demanding football be fixed. ;)

I thought the bandwagon was moving in a top flight team to get instant top class sport to go and watch?

I'm sure that their wont be as many there as you, Harry and Lloyd will try and make out are there.

Thats franchising not bandwagoning and I'm sure you, Harry and Lloyd will be the first to speak out about it should Nuneaton and Bedworth Council do it. Not.

Nick

Administrator
I'm sure that their wont be as many there as you, Harry and Lloyd will try and make out are there.

Thats franchising not bandwagoning and I'm sure you, Harry and Lloyd will be the first to speak out about it should Nuneaton and Bedworth Council do it. Not.

Depends if the treacle council have been writing heartfelt statements saying how wrong it is to move teams and stuff leading up to it? Saying how much they love NTFC and giving it that bollocks then just ship us in? That would be out of order as well.

I know it is franchising, but it seems to be the latest craze as people just want to watch top class rugby.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You never know, we could maybe steal some Treacle Fans while we are at it?

Yes you're right they were demanding that football wa s fixed not rugby,not fast food or anything else but football. Where are your posts regarding Wasps moving to Wycombe or London Irish to Reading or London Welsh to Oxford how about Mcdonalds opening everywhere do you ever go to a Subway and before you say they're different you're right they are none of them are football. Mind you watching them prepare a Subway would have been more entertaining than watching that dross I was witness to today.

Nick

Administrator
Yes you're right they were demanding that football wa s fixed not rugby,not fast food or anything else but football. Where are your posts regarding Wasps moving to Wycombe or London Irish to Reading or London Welsh to Oxford how about Mcdonalds opening everywhere do you ever go to a Subway and before you say they're different you're right they are none of them are football. Mind you watching them prepare a Subway would have been more entertaining than watching that dross I was witness today.

Ah must mean it is ok when it is moving Rugby teams about but just not football? Do the principles that people were so proud of having and telling everybody about suddenly get switched off then?*

I can tell the difference, I can also tell a difference in some people who were abusing / having digs at people who went to Sixfields but now can't wait to go and watch Wasps.

*Disclaimer, this is not me saying you personally.

Users who are viewing this thread