New Stadium Announcement (2 Viewers)

Rusty Trombone

Had a quick look into this. Take a look at this, cost £15m to build, holds 18K and was constructed, start to finish, in less than 100 days. Is designed to last 5 - 10 years and can be expanded to 25K. From the sounds of things the expansion can be done very quickly as it mentions it being possible to expand for one off events.

So, £15m presumably the land cost is extra, for a max of 10 years = £1.5m a year, plus land, plus maintenance, plus rates etc. I'd rather try and lenghten the £100k a year rental deal we've got.

edit: plus interest on borrowing the £15m, could be another £600k a year (4%)

Last edited:

chiefdave

So, £15m presumably the land cost is extra, for a max of 10 years = £1.5m a year, plus land, plus maintenance, plus rates etc. I'd rather try and lenghten the £100k a year rental deal we've got.

It would allow them to get a new smaller stadium in place very quickly and then as and when required it can either be expanded or the temporary stands be replaced with permanent stands.

What they could do, as an example, is buy the land at Bermuda and put in one permanent stand containing the required facilities (dressing rooms, warm up area, club shop, club offices) and then 3 temporary stands.

From there it would depend what happens. If it turns out Wasps did need us at the Ricoh and their plan fails with ACL being put back up for sale we could buy it and move back. We could then remove the temporary stands and either sell the facility (perhaps to Nuneaton Town or Bedworth) or turn it into a training facility to replace Higgs Centre.

Alternatively if we end up staying there permanently as demand hopefully increases then one by one replace the temporary stands with bigger capacity permanent stands.

Not saying it's ideal, its certainly an option and can be done for a much lower initial outlay than the £40m plus a lot of people have been using as a cost.

Rusty Trombone

It would allow them to get a new smaller stadium in place very quickly and then as and when required it can either be expanded or the temporary stands be replaced with permanent stands.

What they could do, as an example, is buy the land at Bermuda and put in one permanent stand containing the required facilities (dressing rooms, warm up area, club shop, club offices) and then 3 temporary stands.

From there it would depend what happens. If it turns out Wasps did need us at the Ricoh and their plan fails with ACL being put back up for sale we could buy it and move back. We could then remove the temporary stands and either sell the facility (perhaps to Nuneaton Town or Bedworth) or turn it into a training facility to replace Higgs Centre.

Alternatively if we end up staying there permanently as demand hopefully increases then one by one replace the temporary stands with bigger capacity permanent stands.

Not saying it's ideal, its certainly an option and can be done for a much lower initial outlay than the £40m plus a lot of people have been using as a cost.

I think when £40m is quoted it includes the land price, so two temp stands at £15m each that will only last 10 to 20 years, plus the land gets you back to £40m spent, yet going the temporary route gives you nothing but the land left after the 10 to 20 years.

I just can't see SISU coming up with anywhere near £15m to £40m to fund the development of CCFC.

chiefdave

Would the land really be £25m? Seems high to me. Of course it depends how quickly they want to build the stadium. Bournemouth completely rebuilt their ground, which is 12K capacity for under £10m (adjusted for inflation).

Rusty Trombone

Would the land really be £25m? Seems high to me. Of course it depends how quickly they want to build the stadium. Bournemouth completely rebuilt their ground, which is 12K capacity for under £10m (adjusted for inflation).

I was guessing at £10m for the land, but depends on all sorts of variables. I'll have a read about Bournemouth rebuild (got a link?), I guess your inflation calc suggests it was a while ago.

oldfiver

It looks like CCC chose an organisation that has a much better track record of running a business.

If you take the sky blue specs off, would you choose sisu as a suitable organisation to develop and advance the Ricoh?

Have you read the recent history of the WASPS and especially the last owner?

davebart

The main point here is that SISU have zero interest in the football. It is just a continual drain on resources.

The reason they want to build a new stadium is so they upgrade the value of any associated land. The increased value would have to cover the cost of the new stadium.

As Chief Dave suggests, a temporary stadium would be ideal for SISU as they will also have the land the ground is built on to sell once all the rest has been developed.

How long would it take to re-develop the rest? 5 years?

So they put up a temporary stadium which enables them to build thousands of houses or a retail park around it. Once that's done they liquidate the club and sell the ground.

As Abba said Money Money Money.

chiefdave

I was guessing at £10m for the land, but depends on all sorts of variables. I'll have a read about Bournemouth rebuild (got a link?), I guess your inflation calc suggests it was a while ago.

It was 2002 and apparently done in a matter of months. Basically between 2 seasons but with them having to relocate for a handful of games at the start of the season. That's pretty much all the info I've found apart from the fact that it cost £6.5m.

J

Jack Griffin

The main point here is that SISU have zero interest in the football. It is just a continual drain on resources.

The reason they want to build a new stadium is so they upgrade the value of any associated land. The increased value would have to cover the cost of the new stadium.

As Chief Dave suggests, a temporary stadium would be ideal for SISU as they will also have the land the ground is built on to sell once all the rest has been developed.

How long would it take to re-develop the rest? 5 years?

So they put up a temporary stadium which enables them to build thousands of houses or a retail park around it. Once that's done they liquidate the club and sell the ground.

As Abba said Money Money Money.

Yeah, these fools are swallowing the SISU line, just remember THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN FOOTBALL.

rupert_bear

Yeah, these fools are swallowing the SISU line, just remember THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN FOOTBALL.
Do they really believe they, sisu, will build a new stadium ? or be allowed to. Don't forget these councils talk to each other. I can't see any neighbouring council allowing such a venture whilst there are outstanding legals around.

italiahorse

Do they really believe they, sisu, will build a new stadium ? or be allowed to. Don't forget these councils talk to each other. I can't see any neighbouring council allowing such a venture whilst there are outstanding legals around.

You need to have good reason to object to a proposal.
Green belt knocks it on the head though.

Gosford Green

SISU was saying the same thing 12 months ago that an announcement was weeks surely no one still believe what they say on this new stadium.

Grendel

You need to have good reason to object to a proposal.
Green belt knocks it on the head though.

There are clubs currently looking to build new stadiums and all have been granted permission by the local council

The Reverend Skyblue

Its pretty obvious from the master of appalling smokescreens, that the one and only Mr Tim Fisher announces that huge progress on the new stadium site has just been achieved, on the very weekend of wasps first game at home in their new stadium.

Come on Fisher a two year old could see through your bullshit. it's bloody embarrassing ,just keep your gob shut and do something more productive.

martcov

I put money on as soon as a ball is kicked you will be too busy to bother so what's your problem?

Balls ( footballs) tend to get kicked at weekends- I work a lot on weekends ( beverage in a pub and on Exhibitions and events). So it is not a Question of being bothered or not - more like having time or not... In my pub I have to show HSV every week. The only game on TV this year with CCFC was Gillingham, which I showed and watched. No cup run and mediocre Performances won't get us shown, so I rely on reading what went on on here ( at a later time ). I don't comment on things I haven't Seen - I leave commenting to you guys. So, don't deflect....,

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well come back as a ghost in 250 years and we'll see... They have a lease for 250 years, but a lot can happen in that time. So, I wouldn't put your money on it. What I would put money on, is that, if we go to Nuneaton ( and stay there ) we won't get to the premiere league in my lifetime. Statistically, I have 18 years to go. ( Hope I am wrong ). I also think that Wasps are owners of a stadium and have little - apart from rent and f&b negotiations - to do with our football club. If we get a new stadium ARVO will be the new Wasps and will also have little to do with the daily business of running a football team. So why does it matter if it is wasps or Arvo, both want a rent and share of F&B. Why shouod Joy's Investors be any more generös than Wasps Investors?

Lets just say for a moment a new stadium was SISU owned and we paid rent to them which is only speculation, what would be the logic in SISU giving a shitty deal to the football club. Who would it be picking up the shortfall?

Obviously SISU are only interested in themselves but our goals align in respect that if the football club lose money then SISU lose money.

martcov

Lets just say for a moment a new stadium was SISU owned and we paid rent to them which is only speculation, what would be the logic in SISU giving a shitty deal to the football club. Who would it be picking up the shortfall?

Obviously SISU are only interested in themselves but our goals align in respect that if the football club lose money then SISU lose money.

To am extent they can give a good deal, but..... Investors may be different to CCFC Investors and you can't lend money between Firms with no return ( according to the taxman- at least here you can't)

Nick

Administrator
Balls ( footballs) tend to get kicked at weekends- I work a lot on weekends ( beverage in a pub and on Exhibitions and events). So it is not a Question of being bothered or not - more like having time or not... In my pub I have to show HSV every week. The only game on TV this year with CCFC was Gillingham, which I showed and watched. No cup run and mediocre Performances won't get us shown, so I rely on reading what went on on here ( at a later time ). I don't comment on things I haven't Seen - I leave commenting to you guys. So, don't deflect....,

So you weren't on here posting about Wasps and SISU this weekend? Somebody must have hacked your account fella.

martcov

So you weren't on here posting about Wasps and SISU this weekend? Somebody must have hacked your account fella.

This weekend, yes. Saturday, I was at the Christmasmarket in Flensburg and drove there and back. My staff took care of the HSV fans. In the time I was with the missus and her mates ( during the game ) I sneakily checked the bbc website, which had problems with reception and had delays. I sneaked into SBT a couple of times, but also had reception problems during the game. I was in a great little yard full of mulled wine stands with live music playing from a balcony. Great. But I still clocked a bit of the game without getting crap from the the missus ( not easy ). Do I pass?

Nick

Administrator
Spot your name in the people who have viewed the match thread

list.jpg

Maybe you will suddenly be too busy to be bothered about the football if we were moved 3 miles down the road anyway? I am sure there is some politics somewhere you would have time for though?

Flying Fokker

Had a quick look into this. Take a look at this, cost £15m to build, holds 18K and was constructed, start to finish, in less than 100 days. Is designed to last 5 - 10 years and can be expanded to 25K. From the sounds of things the expansion can be done very quickly as it mentions it being possible to expand for one off events.

View attachment 4004

And remember the volleyball at the Olympics? That was a 15K temp stadium, didn't take long to put up.

View attachment 4005

The pitch is a tad small:)

martcov

Spot your name in the people who have viewed the match thread

View attachment 4006

Maybe you will suddenly be too busy to be bothered about the football if we were moved 3 miles down the road anyway? I am sure there is some politics somewhere you would have time for though?

Is that viewed or who were logged in? I viewed at the end ( because bbc were having problems ). I viewed from my iPhone - but was not logged in as I could only ever get quick glimpses. I also viewed CET now and again. So, can you see my ip or whatever you get from my phone? Geographically, I was near the Danish border.

View attachment 4004

And remember the volleyball at the Olympics? That was a 15K temp stadium, didn't take long to put up.

View attachment 4005

Two things. It looks totally shite and do you really believe that the dorks that are SISU would spend £15 million and five years later have to spend it again. FFS get real. We have had the idiots for nearly 7 years now and the only thing they have done is increase the debt we owe to them.

The only answer is for SISU to go.

bigfatronssba

Two things. It looks totally shite and do you really believe that the dorks that are SISU would spend £15 million and five years later have to spend it again. FFS get real. We have had the idiots for nearly 7 years now and the only thing they have done is increase the debt we owe to them.

In fairness I do imagine them to be stupid enough to do that.

chiefdave

Don't think it looks that bad personally, especially when it's in use. A lot of people complained about the Ricoh being a bowl and said there is a better atmosphere with individual stands.

02-ami-stadium.jpg

I can see a couple of scenarios in which a temporary stadium would suit. If they think Wasps are reliant on us being there then they may move temporarily in the hope that Wasps struggle and ACL becomes available for purchase at a similar or even lower price. Secondly if they are not here for the long term why would they be bothered if we have a stadium that will last 100 years. That would simply be a matter of is temporary cheaper than permanent.

Of course permanent doesn't' have to cost a fortune. As I mentioned before Bournemouth's 12K stadium cost under £10m.

None of this means I think it is a sure thing, just options if it does turn out they are going to build a ground.

And then what. The club wasn't a very attractive proposition before. Pretty much the only thing we had in our favour was the possibility of owning, at the very least, 50% of the Ricoh. Now thats gone who would want to buy us?

J

Jack Griffin

There are clubs currently looking to build new stadiums and all have been granted permission by the local council

Then they've all bought land and applied for planning permission, SISU/OTIUM/ARVO whatever haven't got that far.

Don't think it looks that bad personally, especially when it's in use. A lot of people complained about the Ricoh being a bowl and said there is a better atmosphere with individual stands.

View attachment 4008

I can see a couple of scenarios in which a temporary stadium would suit. If they think Wasps are reliant on us being there then they may move temporarily in the hope that Wasps struggle and ACL becomes available for purchase at a similar or even lower price. Secondly if they are not here for the long term why would they be bothered if we have a stadium that will last 100 years. That would simply be a matter of is temporary cheaper than permanent.

Of course permanent doesn't' have to cost a fortune. As I mentioned before Bournemouth's 12K stadium cost under £10m.

None of this means I think it is a sure thing, just options if it does turn out they are going to build a ground.

And then what. The club wasn't a very attractive proposition before. Pretty much the only thing we had in our favour was the possibility of owning, at the very least, 50% of the Ricoh. Now thats gone who would want to buy us?

Fuck me you feel happy and content with a none league caliber ground. You show as much ambition as SISU. Which is the square root of naff all.
Anyone who settles for less than what we had at HR or the RICOH are condemning our club to oblivion.

Re your question 'and then what?' Well maybe some capable, considerate owners with ambition for football and not ambition for litigation, may just help what is left of an ever decreasing fan base remain loyal. SISU have all but drained the natural resource of positive emotion for our club, it can not be sustained much longer. You are right on one point, CCFC was a challenge when SISU took over, and they have systematically made just about every thing about the club worse. The tragedy is there are those that are so Really Fucking Clueless that they can not see or smell the shit on the doorstep.

chiefdave

Fuck me you feel happy and content with a none league caliber ground. You show as much ambition as SISU. Which is the square root of naff all.
Anyone who settles for less than what we had at HR or the RICOH are condemning our club to oblivion.

Do you not have an understanding of the word temporary? Why rush to build a 25-30K ground when we're getting 8K now and most people are here are saying they will boycott if any new ground is a cm over the city boundary? By having temporary structures, I would suggest just on 3 sides with a permanent stand on the 4th as previously mentioned, it is much easier to scale up as and when required. Get up to the championship, great, start adding bigger capacity permanent stands on the other 3 sides of the ground as you have the demand for them.

Re your question 'and then what?' Well maybe some capable, considerate owners with ambition for football and not ambition for litigation, may just help what is left of an ever decreasing fan base remain loyal. SISU have all but drained the natural resource of positive emotion for our club, it can not be sustained much longer. You are right on one point, CCFC was a challenge when SISU took over, and they have systematically made just about every thing about the club worse. The tragedy is there are those that are so Really Fucking Clueless that they can not see or smell the shit on the doorstep.

Where are these new owners coming from? The state we are in now the only person who would be interested would be a city fan who is seriously loaded and can afford to chuck tens of millions away. If they exist where are they hiding. For anyone else it's a piss poor investment. For anyone who just fancies owning a football club there are more than 90 others that are a better option than us.

Nick

Administrator
It would make no sense to build a 30k stadium would it? It would need to be very easily upgradeable though going forward just in case. I'd rather there was say a 15,000 seater stadium if we are only getting 7 or 8000 but then be easily upgradeable if needs be (promotion)

Do you not have an understanding of the word temporary? Why rush to build a 25-30K ground when we're getting 8K now and most people are here are saying they will boycott if any new ground is a cm over the city boundary? By having temporary structures, I would suggest just on 3 sides with a permanent stand on the 4th as previously mentioned, it is much easier to scale up as and when required. Get up to the championship, great, start adding bigger capacity permanent stands on the other 3 sides of the ground as you have the demand for them.

Where are these new owners coming from? The state we are in now the only person who would be interested would be a city fan who is seriously loaded and can afford to chuck tens of millions away. If they exist where are they hiding. For anyone else it's a piss poor investment. For anyone who just fancies owning a football club there are more than 90 others that are a better option than us.

I fully understand the meaning of temporary. What you seem to miss is that, that in itself, will spell disaster for CCFC. 15 Million to build, a temporary structure, Possibly 5 - 10 million for the land and infrastructure, just how will ccfc fund that. There is no way that we could fund that. Just think lets take a nominal £20 million to build a temporary stadium which if we take your view will last 10 years. That's £ 2 million per year plus interest that has to be funded to pay it back.

Does that really make sense to you?

skybluericoh

He was asked a question about new stadium, said he would have news in New Year, all he added was they have met with Highways Agency.
Nothing new or solid was mentioned, the main discussions was the legal situation as stated by Jan.

I had a meeting with the highways agency, on the M69 a woman had broke down so I pulled up, call it in and waited until they turn up, very nice gentlemen thanked me for waiting near by etc. I kick myself now though for not asking where the new stadium was going to be built. Bollocks could have had an exclusive on here!

chiefdave

I agree. To me there's a big difference between building a 15K stadium and that's it for the next 100 years and having 15K now but being able to up it to say 25K before the start of next season if we got promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread