New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (15 Viewers)

oldfiver

Well, I don't think they can personally. I just think that's why people are making that argument. The reason plans aren't out there are because plans aren't ready to release yet. We can shout and stomp our feet as much as we like, it isn't going to change anything.

Its the Council fishing fleet advance party

NorthernWisdom

I've broken my golden football forum rule today, about not engaging in the non-footy stuff. I would like to humbly apologise to everyone involved.
tbf, there's very little footy stuff to engage in atm!

(I could make the comment that this whole stadium palava risks there never being footy to engage in at all in the future, but I wouldn't want to upset a couple of the little darlings ;))

Esoterica

tbf, there's very little footy stuff to engage in atm!

(I could make the comment that this whole stadium palava risks there never being footy to engage in at all in the future, but I wouldn't want to upset a couple of the little darlings ;))
I'm not sorry really. I'd just got my Like-Post ratio up to 1.4 likes per post and don't want to risk alienating posters, who may like my posts in the future, by appearing to be on either side of a 'politics' thread. I was just beating a hasty retreat!

giphy.gif

NorthernWisdom

While I'm here... lead balloon time!

This will require significant discussion and partnership work with all surrounding local authorities, the West Midlands Combined Local Authority and the LEP to ensure the funding and support is there to provide that infrastructure.
Reads like they want funding from local authorities, that. That just won't happen! Nowadays, as they have no cash to do it themselves, local authorities rely on developers funding the infrastructure, to boost an area. If we're expecting local authorities to fund infrastructure, beyond what they're already committed to as part of their wider works, it just won't happen.

Cue an inevitable (and, dare I say it, pre-known?) collapse.

I'll cling to the fact University of Warwick would full-well know that, so the wording might just be a little inappropriate / enigmatic!

oldfiver

I'm not sorry really. I'd just got my Like-Post ratio up to 1.4 likes per post and don't want to risk alienating posters, who may like my posts in the future, by appearing to be on either side of a 'politics' thread. I was just beating a hasty retreat!

giphy.gif

You look like you are hedging your bets!! I'll get my coat!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why keep on quoting the 7 years? That's irrelevant now as it's been said that this is a new venture that has happened pretty quickly

Let go of the past mate it'll help 😉

So as talks between the club and Wasps over use of the Ricoh have ended if they were to start again I assume you'd take that as a completely new set of negotiations and everything that has gone before should be forgotten about?

oldfiver

So as talks between the club and Wasps over use of the Ricoh have ended if they were to start again I assume you'd take that as a completely new set of negotiations and everything that has gone before should be forgotten about?

Does it really matter, if they get to a discussion point?

robbiethemole

So Blundell and two others want UoW and ccfc to "come clean" on the site of the nevernever land stadium?? how about you revealing the underhand bollox that went on to sell to Wasps?? no black and yellow scarf if you say too much John-boy??

Nick

Administrator
I'm not entirely sure the CCC will meddle to make this difficult. The "does the Council think CCFC should play at the Ricoh? " question has been tested and the answer isn't a convincing yes by any means.

Yeah but then if you ask "Should we try and kill CCFC thinking it gets one over on SISU so Hoffman / Wasps can run it and do as they are told?"

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Just been reading about The Darlington Arena. Just want to know where the trust and telegraph are getting figures of 100 million for a stadium.

the Darlington Arena is a stadium built about 2 years prior to the Ricoh, is a similar build and holds 25k. It cost 18 million.the cost of a new stadium is going to be closer to 18m than 100m

Kneeza

Just been reading about The Darlington Arena. Just want to know where the trust and telegraph are getting figures of 100 million for a stadium.

the Darlington Arena is a stadium built about 2 years prior to the Ricoh, is a similar build and holds 25k. It cost 18 million.the cost of a new stadium is going to be closer to 18m than 100m
Have you ever been though? Horrible.
Mind you, having about 300 spectators (mostly morons) rattling about in 25k seats doesn't help
Neither does it help when it feels like the friggin' arctic in there - even in late summer.

SBT

Is that the one with lifts to your seat and gold-plated taps in the bogs?

NorthernWisdom

Have you ever been though? Horrible.
Mind you, having about 300 spectators (mostly morons) rattling about in 25k seats doesn't help
Neither does it help when it feels like the friggin' arctic in there - even in late summer.
Given the history of the bloke who built it, who knows how much it cost really too, and how much menacing took place!

Liquid Gold

Because that's how long we've been claiming we're all set to build a new stadium, honest (tbf, from @oldskyblue58 's post I'm wrong, and I should be quoting eight years). It's not a hard thing to work out.

You're a bullshitting owner's wet dream.
I see you’re not above snide bullshit, just don’t like being called out on it.

Let’s wait and see with the trust still shall we?

Users who are viewing this thread