New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (9 Viewers)

Moff

You said people were suggesting nothing is in place. The club and UoW's statement says nothing is in place, that's why people are suggesting nothing is in place.

No I said how was it known that no partnership was in place. I didn't say there was or wasn't one. I asked if it was opinion or fact.
That question has been answered.
A point has been proved, but on something I didn't actually say.
Thank you ;)

NorthernWisdom

No I said how was it known that no partnership was in place. I didn't say there was or wasn't one. I asked if it was opinion or fact.
That question has been answered.
A point has been proved, but on something I didn't actually say.
Thank you ;)
I was answering

I just hate the essence of people suggesting nothing is in place, as if they are the font of knowledge, or have inside info, when they are as in the know (dark) as the rest of us.

People are suggesting there is nothing in place, because the joint statement says there is nothing in place. The statement says there is an intention to put something in place.

Thank you for the thank you :)

Ring Of Steel

If you're one of those people who thinks unless you're just standing around shouting "it's all bullshit" you just blindly believe everything that's said, then not much more to be said really.

lol, there is nothing to blindly believe, that’s the point- show me the plans, show me the agreement, show me the reality, show me anything. There is nothing, zero.

Nick

Administrator
lol, there is nothing to blindly believe, that’s the point- show me the plans, show me the agreement, show me the reality, show me anything. There is nothing, zero.
Has anybody said there is any of that? I'm not sure why you insist in making out people are thick if they aren't losing their heads just yet.

People just get tired of gimps who don't really bother going to games going on in every thread. It's not as if anybody is saying they are excited for it and it's 100% happening.

skyblu3sk

While nothing is in place the fact to UOW are happy to publicly say its worth talking about is the first real advance we have seen since this whole debacle started. They have land that we can't afford (opinion) and are willing to have conversions about how we could use it to build a stadium and get closer ties with the uni. So while they don't know the specific site we know an area that it may happen in. Its likely they don't care within a certain part of their land and would take advice from planners on where it might be easiest to get permission. It might not happen but how anyone sees this as a negative is beyond me.

clint van damme

I think it's quiet clear that there needs to be some movement on this fairly rapidly. I'm giving them until the end of October to see some clear progress.

Sky Blue Pete

I think it's quiet clear that there needs to be some movement on this fairly rapidly. I'm giving them until the end of October to see some clear progress.
I think that’s the earliest depending on what you would see as progress. I’m looking at 3-6 months and certainly the end of the year. Wasps are not going out of business any time soon

Magwitch

I think that’s the earliest depending on what you would see as progress. I’m looking at 3-6 months and certainly the end of the year. Wasps are not going out of business any time soon
I think there is a lot of wishful thinking on here we must not let that mask reality.
I fail to see after the initial announcement 2 weeks ago there had not been more “meat on the bones” published, even if they haven’t secured planning or the exact location there must be other plans such as design, estimate build time etc, etc.

shmmeee

I think there is a lot of wishful thinking on here we must not let that mask reality.
I fail to see after the initial announcement 2 weeks ago there had not been more “meat on the bones” published, even if they haven’t secured planning or the exact location there must be other plans such as design, estimate build time etc, etc.

Literally everything will flow from the site TBF. That’s one reason why the last one was always pie in the sky, it would likely have to be redesigned depending on the site anyway.

Step one has always been find some land. Hopefully we’ll see that fairly soon. I don’t think there’s many options TBH, I’m still certain it’ll be by the Sports Hub.

Magwitch

Literally everything will flow from the site TBF. That’s one reason why the last one was always pie in the sky, it would likely have to be redesigned depending on the site anyway.

Step one has always been find some land. Hopefully we’ll see that fairly soon. I don’t think there’s many options TBH, I’m still certain it’ll be by the Sports Hub.
Whilst I agree it’s the long suffering supporters who want more than paper talk, we all know it can’t continue as we are now, the bottom line is our future.

ajsccfc

One thing that works in Warwick's favour is that it has existing infrastructure to host a large number of Commonwealth Games athletes for 2022. When Covid-23: Montezuma's Revenge kicks off all sport will have to exist in a bubble so knock up a stadium and we're the home of the entire football league.

oldfiver

Surely that was the previous problem? There were schematics, drawings and Sandra Garlick then the landowner withdrew and this generated an outburst.

Last edited:

Esoterica

Surely that was the previous problem? There were schematics, drawings and Sandra Garlick then the landowner withdrew and this generated an outburst.
I didn't understand what you were saying at first and then i realised I had read 'and then the lawnmower withdrew and this generated an outburst.'

NorthernWisdom

What constitutes clear progress? I have to say I'd like my fears
The problem is if we're starting from scratch on this, it really could be a long, long time before things move forward in any meaningful way.

Notwithstanding the normal timescales of starting from scratch, but we seem to want the light rail plan to be put in place by the local authorities, and them to build us a link road. tbh, local authorities usually want the developers to do the transport improvements as part of the deal - they'd probably want us to build any roads in addition to the ones already in process. The light rail scheme is mooted but, let's be honest, that won't happen for a decade, if that - so if we're depending on this to happen, movement will be non-existent.

clint van damme

The problem is if we're starting from scratch on this, it really could be a long, long time before things move forward in any meaningful way.

Notwithstanding the normal timescales of starting from scratch, but we seem to want the light rail plan to be put in place by the local authorities, and them to build us a link road. tbh, local authorities usually want the developers to do the transport improvements as part of the deal - they'd probably want us to build any roads in addition to the ones already in process. The light rail scheme is mooted but, let's be honest, that won't happen for a decade, if that - so if we're depending on this to happen, movement will be non-existent.

confirmation of a partnership, some sort of realistic timescale for each phase of the project and a commitment to communicate regularly how they are progressing .

oldfiver

Nothing will happen with this until the ECJ ruling. They're not going to tie themselves into a formal partnership and massive capital expenditure while the possibility of a ready made stadium becoming available is an option

There needs to be a change of thinking here.
Until the ECJ indicates when a decision will be forthcoming and what the potential outcomes are, we have to assume it will be a long way off.
Then - even if goes against the Council they will be given time to recover the "damages" from WASPS who will appeal.
By then SISU should be well in to UoW and if we assume CCC will not just give the Ricoh to SISU they will be better off carrying on ?
I dont know who SISU would go to to claim any damages but that will not be quick.
Time is the major factor here - game theory will not work - and so UoW looks to be the better option.

SBT

People just get tired of gimps who don't really bother going to games going on in every thread. It's not as if anybody is saying they are excited for it and it's 100% happening.

This thread got six exclamation marks in the title, and the official forum statement says we're supposedly "delighted" with the announcement, so I think it's fair to say there's a lot of excitement on here.

chiefdave

While nobody is saying the exact location I think its pretty obvious it will be by the Sports Hub. Has anyone looked up where the land owned by the uni ends?

If you look at the uni's parking plan they are planning a big car park Gibbet Hill Road before the roundabout with Leighfield Road. Common sense would say the junction will the a46 relief road is going to serve that car park as its defeats the purpose if you put it anywhere else. You can be pretty certain that will be where they are looking at.

As you say its by the existing sports hub so fits in with that, would make use of the new car park and the junction to remove traffic from Gibbet Hill Road and therefore remove one of the possible residents complaints.

chiefdave

I think the next things we need to see are the formalisation of the partnership and confirmation of the site, which seems to be reliant on the finalisation of routing for the a46 relief road and junction so if we can get a timeframe on that we might have more idea when to expect some news.

Then we're getting to the stage of seeing plans. If, as the uni suggest, there is to be a public consultation in the autumn surely they will need to have plans to show by then.

fernandopartridge

I think the next things we need to see are the formalisation of the partnership and confirmation of the site, which seems to be reliant on the finalisation of routing for the a46 relief road and junction so if we can get a timeframe on that we might have more idea when to expect some news.

Then we're getting to the stage of seeing plans. If, as the uni suggest, there is to be a public consultation in the autumn surely they will need to have plans to show by then.

I am not overly familiar with the area as not been there since 2010 ish. I assume car park to the south of Leighfield Rd adjacet to the junction? Where would the stadium go?

1597664829358.png

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That's if you believe the stadium is the prize and is going to be obtainable, I do not.

I don't either. I'm just trying to see how Joy might see it. She's only going to go for the most profitable route. She may see winning that case as a chance for big damages and a bigger stadium potentially being available for a lot less money than building. Of course the likelihood of the council dealing with her is minimal but she has that mindset that is ' doesn't matter whether they want to, they'll have to'. Hostile takeovers are part and parcel of what she's involved in. If there's this massive stadium sitting idle eventually even the council would have to get rid of it due to the drain on resources and I doubt they'd be able to get a third party, like Wasps, involved again.

I'm sure council would explore every avenue before even entertaining the thought of SISU, including tearing it down for housing or some other development but I'm not sure if they'd need more decontamination of the site for that kind of use?

shmmeee

While nobody is saying the exact location I think its pretty obvious it will be by the Sports Hub. Has anyone looked up where the land owned by the uni ends?

If you look at the uni's parking plan they are planning a big car park Gibbet Hill Road before the roundabout with Leighfield Road. Common sense would say the junction will the a46 relief road is going to serve that car park as its defeats the purpose if you put it anywhere else. You can be pretty certain that will be where they are looking at.

As you say its by the existing sports hub so fits in with that, would make use of the new car park and the junction to remove traffic from Gibbet Hill Road and therefore remove one of the possible residents complaints.

Yeah I’ve looked at a few parcels of land round there. Posted about one I think UoW don’t own but have an option on elsewhere. Lots of land with use restrictions on that would seem to rule out a stadium up towards Gibbet Hill Road.

shmmeee

I don't either. I'm just trying to see how Joy might see it. She's only going to go for the most profitable route. She may see winning that case as a chance for big damages and a bigger stadium potentially being available for a lot less money than building. Of course the likelihood of the council dealing with her is minimal but she has that mindset that is ' doesn't matter whether they want to, they'll have to'. Hostile takeovers are part and parcel of what she's involved in. If there's this massive stadium sitting idle eventually even the council would have to get rid of it due to the drain on resources and I doubt they'd be able to get a third party, like Wasps, involved again.

I'm sure council would explore every avenue before even entertaining the thought of SISU, including tearing it down for housing or some other development but I'm not sure if they'd need more decontamination of the site for that kind of use?

If you read the options document put before council before the Wasps sale was agreed they basically see Sisu or “a third party sports team” as the only options and Sisu not being willing to put a serious bid in leaves them with just Wasps. No Wasps would suggest the option is between Sisu and fuck all.

I’m not convinced Wasps will fuck off yet mind.

Users who are viewing this thread