New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (4 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

It would have to be a breach of rules for them to take action. It's not.

Also, I'm not sure any other club would be complaining about something that's putting us at a competitive disadvantage.
Of course they won't. As said (repeatedly) by others, forget the 'truth' (we'll never find the truth!) the perception and enough doubt is sufficient for them not to do anything. Imagine them then having to force other clubs to accept ridiculous stadium rental deals, and build out of lego to fulfill fixtures.

It'd be turkeys voting for christmas.

Now all we need is the eagle.

mr_monkey

Well you clearly don't. As the facts are there is no progress on a stadium, and the patterns are repeated ones from the past.

You really are a little bit simple.

Ah right so because I don't agree with your viewpoint I'm a bit simple, fair enough

The pattern and the people are different this time though, if the announcement a couple of weeks ago was done by tim on talksport I'd feel exactly the same as you do but they didn't and this feels different.

If I'm wrong so be it but right now there is nothing (other than past grudges with different) to say this isn't legit

mark82

I think the point is, we've seen plenty to avoid giving credence to any statement they make about the thing.

The only way they'll prove different is by doing. It's a true mentalist who reads some words and thinks oh that's nice, after the repetitive, oh so repetitive tedious cycles of the past. No doubt it's the same type of mentalist who was rabidly excited at SISU coming in, decided anybody who wasn't entirely anti them during Northampton was a SISU rent boy, and swings more often than a pampas grass fanatic.

I reckon I should announce I'm going into partnership to build a 90,000 seat stadium for Coventry Sphynx somewhere near my back garden, site to be confirmed, and I'm getting it out there because I'd like some investors.

Interested? I'll let you in cheap as an early adoptor.

Have you got a world renowned university backing you? 😉

mark82

In all seriousness, I think we need to see some progress by the new year.

I'd imagine the University themselves are figuring out their own plan, and guessing the decision on exact site will probably be driven, at least in part, by them. Will probably be talks with WDC too around exact routing of the new road, etc.

NorthernWisdom

I'd imagine the University themselves are figuring out their own plan, and guessing the decision on exact site will probably be driven, at least in part, by them. Will probably be talks with WDC too around exact routing of the new road, etc.
If it's true about a public consultation, that can't come soon enough!

Moff

Well you clearly don't. As the facts are there is no progress on a stadium, and the patterns are repeated ones from the past.

You really are a little bit simple.

Wtf has happened to you. You used to write well reasoned posts and accept others opinions, now if they disagree they are simple.
I think demeaning someone’s intelligence isn’t very bright, but there you go.

NorthernWisdom

Wtf has happened to you. You used to write well reasoned posts and accept others opinions, now if they disagree they are simple.
I think demeaning someone’s intelligence isn’t very bright, but there you go.
I'm bored of the lazy insinuations by morons tbh.

When posts are well reasoned and all I get back is 'you should stop hating SISU'. After a while, it becomes wearing and the simpletons who don't read what's actually on the page, and start trying to slyly mock in return deserve everything they get. Those who actually discuss, I will discuss politely. You, as far as I am aware, have never gone for the boring, tedious approach of just trying to belittle somebody's view or cast lazy aspersions, so I will talk politely with you :)

Read back, I've been doing plenty of perfectly articulated posts about previous patterns, trends, repeated narratives. This is all stuff I do professionally btw, so I'm not without some knowledge. When I'm then met with the lazy 'stop hating SISU' it all becomes a bit of a waste of time replying with well thought-out responses to those people, doesn't it.

Past narratives are vitally important in such things. trends, patterns, and repeated tactics. This is not hating SISU to point them out, tbh. It's also not hating SISU to point out that a new stadium, after multiple years of being announced by the owners, needs more than a press release (an interestingly timed press release, at that) to get behind.

Last edited:

Grendel

Ah right so because I don't agree with your viewpoint I'm a bit simple, fair enough

The pattern and the people are different this time though, if the announcement a couple of weeks ago was done by tim on talksport I'd feel exactly the same as you do but they didn't and this feels different.

If I'm wrong so be it but right now there is nothing (other than past grudges with different) to say this isn't legit

Other than the fact that the person pulling the strings is the same person who has been indulging in this nonsense for the last 7 years.

chiefdave

The Uni told the local councillors who demanded a meeting as soon as the news broke that they are waiting on the final confirmed location for the A46 relief road to determine the exact stadium location.

They also said a public consultation is expected in the autumn so presumably they expect to have that information by then and plans available otherwise there would be nothing to consult on!

Believe there is a further meeting scheduled with the local councillors for October to provide an update.

Moff

They are well reasoned and all I get back is 'you should stop hating SISU'. After a while, it becomes wearing and the simpletons who don't read what's actually on the page, and start trying to slyly mock in return deserve everything they get. Those who actually discuss, I will discuss politely. You, as far as I am aware, have never gone for the boring, tedious approach of just trying to belittle somebody's view, so I will talk politely with you :)

Read back, I've been doing plenty of perfectly articulated posts about previous patterns, trends, repeated narratives. This is all stuff I do professionally btw, so I'm not without some knowledge. When I'm then met with the lazy 'stop hating SISU' it all becomes a bit of a waste of time replying with well thought-out responses to those people, doesn't it.

Fair enough.

I enjoy your posts, don’t always agree, often do, but certainly think you write a lot of thoughtful and well researched posts.

I guess I didn’t expect you to go down the insult route. I appreciate we all have our limits. I just disappeared from it for three months or so, it was a nice break!

Ive heard whispers this is more concrete than anything before. I appreciate the past seven years have shown us nothing (and I may be a mug) but am prepared to give it until year end to see this move forward rather than it be another huge pile of shit

Last edited:

mr_monkey

When posts are well reasoned and all I get back is 'you should stop hating SISU'. After a while, it becomes wearing and the simpletons who don't read what's actually on the page, and start trying to slyly mock in return deserve everything they get. Those who actually discuss, I will discuss politely. You, as far as I am aware, have never gone for the boring, tedious approach of just trying to belittle somebody's view or cast lazy aspersions, so I will talk politely with you :)

But all you are saying with this is "but the last 7/8 years" no actual proof that it isn't legit or no reasoned argument other than but sisu

I'm happily an optimist with the world but also apply logic and even you can't dismiss what sisu have done over the last few years and why people may consider this announcement being different but instead you call people simple or morons because they happen to disagree with you

usskyblue

Or I actually take stock of the situation and base an opinion based on logic and the facts in front of me rather than holding onto old grudges which are based on people who aren't actively involved anymore

Some love a bit of wallowing especially if it’s a stick to beat ownership with.

I wont believe it until I see something more tangible but I also don’t want to constantly drone on about the past like a broken fucking record either...but each to their own I suppose.

Get ready for anything further to be met with the same noises from the same people. They’ll be the ones going full on Scooby Doo at the opening ceremony, claiming the stadium is a camera projection by Tim Fisher.

SBT

CCC are agitated already about the announcement as we have seen.
I would prefer them to be kept in the dark as long as possible.
As long as we can see that meetings are taking place, I'm happy for the site to remain under wraps for a while.

Shows how much attitudes have hardened on here that people are more concerned with screwing over the council than actually knowing where we're going to play.

NorthernWisdom

Fair enough.

I enjoy your posts, don’t always agree, often do, but certainly think you write a lot of thoughtful and well researched posts.

I guess I didn’t expect you to go down the insult route. I appreciate weall have our limits. just disappeared from it for three months or so, it was a nice break!

Ive heard whispers this is more concrete than anything before. I appreciate the past seven years have shown us nothing, but (and I may be a mug) but am prepared to give it until year end to see this move forward rather than it be another huge pile of shit
As you well know, I've also pointed out past trends about various other things (and been accused of being fucking Tim Fisher for doing it!!!) too.

Perhaps our owners would like to do something different from past trends, square the circle, start moving in a positive, constructive direction instead of sowing doubt and intrigue. Everybody, just everybody, would be delighted to see a new stadium go up. The fabric starts getting built, and attendances at Birmingham would no doubt go up too, as it showed owners with a care for their club, their location, their community, and proved they were but temporarily displaced. The goodwill would be immense.

Currently, we have media games, once again. That's where we're at. It's up to them to move the narrative away from that. Until they give us a changed approach from the past, the past remains very much relevant.

Some love a bit of wallowing especially if it’s a stick to beat ownership with.

I wont believe it until I see something more tangible but I also don’t want to constantly drone on about the past like a broken fucking record either..

See what I mean?

chiefdave

I wont believe it until I see something more tangible but I also don’t want to constantly drone on about the past like a broken fucking record either...but each to their own I suppose.
Don’t think anyone will believe it until they’re sat in their seat watching the first game!

Say this every time but I think everyone saying it won’t happen and picking holes in any comments, especially when it includes the local media and council, just plays into SISU’s hands. They can play the victim saying everyone is against us.

What would have happened if, when Woodlands, the Butts or anywhere else for that matter was floated, everyone, council, media & trust included had backed it and told SISU to get on with it?

Esoterica

But all you are saying with this is "but the last 7/8 years" no actual proof that it isn't legit or no reasoned argument other than but sisu

I'm happily an optimist with the world but also apply logic and even you can't dismiss what sisu have done over the last few years and why people may consider this announcement being different but instead you call people simple or morons because they happen to disagree with you
Your reasons for believing in the stadium mk II so far have been:

You're sweeping everything that has ever happened before under the carpet.
Mark Robins has been allowed some autonomy in the last 3 seasons so things have improved.
Tim Fisher didn't make the announcement.
You can't see what Warwick Uni have to gain if it's not genuine, so it must be true.

;);)

Your logic is being applied after you've set up a series of opinion-based parameters first.

I agree the announcement does feel different. But it bloody well had to after last time didn't it? Plus we're now in exile from our city for what will be 6 years IF this is true. Not everyone is going to have the overflowing cup of patience you are drinking from! :)

ajsccfc

Talks are 100% going on. Don't know how much depth is involved or where it'll lead but it's definitely not been the case that the statement was released and then nothing since, which at least shows some intent.

letsallsingtogether

Other than the fact that the person pulling the strings is the same person who has been indulging in this nonsense for the last 7 years.
Exactly last time it was Fisher this time its Boddy nether have a say in anything.

Both I know have made deals in the past to be shot down from above.

usskyblue

See what I mean?

What? I don’t believe it either so we’re of the same mind?

You choosing to have a certain view and blart on about others having a different one?

You repeating ‘7 years’ over and over again is more productive and somehow makes you intellectually superior?

I could moan like fuck all day about the past but I choose not to live in it. That doesn’t mean I believe SISU are building a fucking stadium!

shepardo01

Shows how much attitudes have hardened on here that people are more concerned with screwing over the council than actually knowing where we're going to play.
It's not so much screwing over the council... it is looking at reducing their chance of trying to screw US over... again....!!

shmmeee

It's not so much screwing over the council... it is looking at reducing their chance of trying to screw US over... again....!!

🤦‍♂️ You can’t build a stadium in secret. Can people stop this ridiculous fantasy that we can. The later we reveal details just means the later consultation happens and the later objections are raised and the later the thing gets built. It’s not some genius plan to protect us from the council.

Fucking hell, at this point there’s some on here who would happily shit themselves if someone told them it was getting one over on CCC, it’s beyond a joke.

mark82

I don't think people want to screw over the council, I just think people are worried that with extra information they'll try to obstruct or make things difficult. Rightly or wrongly.

mark82

🤦‍♂️ You can’t build a stadium in secret. Can people stop this ridiculous fantasy that we can. The later we reveal details just means the later consultation happens and the later objections are raised and the later the thing gets built. It’s not some genius plan to protect us from the council.

Fucking hell, at this point there’s some on here who would happily shit themselves if someone told them it was getting one over on CCC, it’s beyond a joke.

I think details will be released when they can be regardless of what our opinions are on motives.

Ring Of Steel

I don't think people want to screw over the council, I just think people are worried that with extra information they'll try to obstruct or make things difficult. Rightly or wrongly.

Thats just stupid to be frank, the sooner all info gets released the sooner it could happen. Where has this idea come from where if we don't tell them anything they can't stop us?

shepardo01

Did not say you could build a stadium in secret.
Also said nothing about getting one over CCC. Just mentioned reducing initial risk of meddling.
Come on now, calm down a little.

NorthernWisdom

Thats just stupid to be frank, the sooner all info gets released the sooner it could happen. Where has this idea come from where if we don't tell them anything they can't stop us?
There's also the fact, notwithstanding you need the info out there to build the damned thing anyway, that plans out there would get a large swelling of CCFC fans able to lobby the council with something positive, pent-up with nothing to fight for just atm.

mark82

How though? Ultimately, the plans have to be out there.

Well, I don't think they can personally. I just think that's why people are making that argument. The reason plans aren't out there are because plans aren't ready to release yet. We can shout and stomp our feet as much as we like, it isn't going to change anything.

Ring Of Steel

I think details will be released when they can be regardless of what our opinions are on motives.

Well as far as I'm concerned until they get released they don't exist. Very simple. Unbelievable that somehow people think that SISU have a kind of secret dossier with new stadium blueprints in it that they're hiding away until the time is right.

oldfiver

God, I hope we get some actual, tangible progress for once.

Of course, the morons will decide that's proof they were right because they'll be too simple to work out the message, which is the pay-off, but you can't get everything in life.

Well I must be a real moron because I do not understand any of this.

Esoterica

I'd love a bit of council screwage along the way, but not at the expense of CCFC getting a ground. I hope we're able to manage both.
I also think CCC will do whatever is in their powers to make this process as difficult as possible, hopefully that's very little though given the circumstances and scrutiny it will be under.

Ring Of Steel

Did not say you could build a stadium in secret.
Also said nothing about getting one over CCC. Just mentioned reducing initial risk of meddling.
Come on now, calm down a little.

That makes absolutely zero sense, in any way, shape or form.

What kind of "meddling"?

Users who are viewing this thread