New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

just admit you were wrong about it and we can all move on. Be a grown man and say the trust didn’t do shut, you were bullshitted and you fell for it.
Just admit you're a very, very strange person who probably fills their time sitting around in nappies, and fuck off now and go and play with the kiddies.

You're never right lad, you're a failure.

Liquid Gold

I personally love to give unlimited time and patience to one party with a track record of lying but no time or patience to another party with a track record of lying. There is nothing hypocritical at all with this. Everyone who has an issuer with this is obviously a weirdo.

Grendel

just admit you were wrong about it and we can all move on. Be a grown man and say the trust didn’t do shut, you were bullshitted and you fell for it.

Given you seem bought into the nonsense from Joy and co regarding a new stadium (part 2) that is somewhat ironic

Ring Of Steel

Please don't drag me into childish little squabbles.

It’s hardly childish, this issue will likely dictate whether Coventry City actually exists in a few years, it’s the single biggest crisis the club has ever faced. Unfortunately some people have left all sense at the door and want to swallow any old made up nonsense from the same people who’ve failed to deliver anything but platitudes & promises for god knows how many years. Until an agreement is signed and they start building, the whole thing is just more bullshit.
At this stage they may as well have announced a partnership with the Tooth Fairy in terms of how much credibility they have when it comes to a stadium, yet still some people are completely sucked in, which gets nobody anywhere in terms of putting any kind of pressure on.

usskyblue

Jesus H Christ

Rightly or wrongly it’s human fucking nature.

There’s people that repeatedly vote politicians into office knowing their track record of broken promises, pray to a white bearded bleeder in the sky and play the lottery every week when there’s a better chance at labeling your morning shit, flushing it and ever seeing it again.

There’s a difference between being hopeful and being ‘sucked in’. Why anyone would pick a side on whether a stadium will be built is beyond me.

It’s either bollox or it’s not...get over yourselves ffs

Grendel

Jesus H Christ

Rightly or wrongly it’s human fucking nature.

There’s people that repeatedly vote politicians into office knowing their track record of broken promises, pray to a white bearded bleeder in the sky and play the lottery every week when there’s a better chance at labeling your morning shit, flushing it and ever seeing it again.

There’s a difference between being hopeful it’s not bollox and being ‘sucked in’. Why anyone would pick a side on whether a stadium will be built is beyond me.

It’s either bollox or it’s not...get over yourselves ffs

Well I’d say 90% certainty it won’t be and therefore we won’t have a club in a couple of years

NorthernWisdom

It’s hardly childish, this issue will likely dictate whether Coventry City actually exists in a few years, it’s the single biggest crisis the club has ever faced. Unfortunately some people have left all sense at the door and want to swallow any old made up nonsense from the same people who’ve failed to deliver anything but platitudes & promises for god knows how many years. Until an agreement is signed and they start building, the whole thing is just more bullshit.
At this stage they may as well have announced a partnership with the Tooth Fairy in terms of how much credibility they have when it comes to a stadium, yet still some people are completely sucked in, which gets nobody anywhere in terms of putting any kind of pressure on.
tbf, I think he was referring more to their meetings.

Not sure they'll get anything other what various protagonists want to tell them, but if they want to meet, there's no harm in that. Interesting that mark doesn't get the same shit about talking to the Trust board, however... ;)

I do find it very tedious, the simple-minded view that, somehow, I need other accounts to make my argument, and that somehow people need to try and discredit me, when my argument is a very simple one, hardly controversial, and wouldn't need to be re-stated if people weren't so zealous in their desire to defend a position - I bet they were similar who didn't like warnings about SISU when they came in, displeasure about us signing a convicted recidivist who just happened to be a sex offender, and who dared to suggest that Northampton wasn't as black and white as it was portrayed. The ludicrous whatabboutery and personalisation is really rather simple, and they're just the people who don't like it when it's thrown backl at them. Keyboard warrior is the old school term, I think.

It really is simple. Forget the PR, forget the statement wars, forget any desire by any party to get us onside. Let's see some actual action, it's the very least we deserve after years of absolute bullshit.

usskyblue

Well I’d say 90% certainty it won’t be and therefore we won’t have a club in a couple of years

Why is it so difficult for some people to let others have 10% ?

The irony is ; I bet some of those slamming anyone entertaining it, actually believe in Noah’s magical fucking zoo boat.

clint van damme

One point I'd contradict is that going into partnership with UoW lends it a bit more credibility than going in to partnership with the tooth fairy.

However, I think they've probably got until the end of October to show significant progress before people start to lose faith.
When that happens the club's future is really on the line in.my opinion ion.
A crucial 10 - 12 weeks ahead.

Ring Of Steel

One point I'd contradict is that going into partnership with UoW lends it a bit more credibility than going in to partnership with the tooth fairy.

However, I think they've probably got until the end of October to show significant progress before people start to lose faith.
When that happens the club's future is really on the line in.my opinion ion.
A crucial 10 - 12 weeks ahead.

I would agree, but there is no partnership.

mark82

You're right, I'm sorry, squabbling on the Internet and having digs at people is definitely the answer. As you were.

fernandopartridge

I am as hopeful as anybody in relation to this new proposal but we really need to see some movement and quickly:

Partnership formed
Agree and find funding for project
Architects and planners appointed
Pre application discussions with planning authorities
Full programme timeline mapped with dependencies
Outline planning permission sought

All this needs to happen this year, might seem arbitrary but if there is any serious plan to get us in a stadium within 5 years, by the end of this year 10% of that time is gone

mark82

I am as hopeful as anybody in relation to this new proposal but we really need to see some movement and quickly:

Partnership formed
Agree and find funding for project
Architects and planners appointed
Pre application discussions with planning authorities
Full programme timeline mapped with dependencies
Outline planning permission sought

All this needs to happen this year, might seem arbitrary but if there is any serious plan to get us in a stadium within 5 years, by the end of this year 10% of that time is gone

Yep, spot on.

Ring Of Steel

Proof of that? Or just your opinion dressed as fact.

You see this is the point. Why the fuck do I need to ‘prove’ anything? Am I now responsible for building the ground? Have I gone on record multiple times saying I’ve secured locations?

Show us the plans, show us the partnership agreement, confirm the planning- until that time it’s just more bullshit.

If you’re one of these people who choose to just blindly believe everything, or that everything is done but they’re choosing to keep it a secret, then not much more to be said really.

mark82

If you’re one of these people who choose to just blindly believe everything, or that everything is done but they’re choosing to keep it a secret, then not much more to be said really.

If you're one of those people who thinks unless you're just standing around shouting "it's all bullshit" you just blindly believe everything that's said, then not much more to be said really.

Moff

You see this is the point. Why the fuck do I need to ‘prove’ anything? Am I now responsible for building the ground? Have I gone on record multiple times saying I’ve secured locations?

Show us the plans, show us the partnership agreement, confirm the planning- until that time it’s just more bullshit.

You don't have to prove anything, its just if you make a statement, then as its a forum you may or may not be questioned on it. If you don't want to be then dont post.

I don't blindly believe in anything so you can fuck off with your petty point scoring, if you don't want to say anything more then so be it, I couldn't really give a fuck either way.

Nick

Administrator

Nobody is believing everything. I'm not sure what's worse, that or making shit up. You have gone down the "lets throw things out there nobody has said" route a fair few times over multiple threads.

Moff

He's right on that. The announcement was just that they have "commenced planning for a partnership". That partnership needs to be formalised and tangible progress needs to be made.

Yes the partnership does need to be formalised for tangible progress to be made, but if planning for a partnership has commenced then it 'may' be steps forward (and I say may in the lightest of terms).

I just hate the essence of people suggesting nothing is in place, as if they are the font of knowledge, or have inside info, when they are as in the know (dark) as the rest of us.

NorthernWisdom

Yes the partnership does need to be formalised for tangible progress to be made, but if planning for a partnership has commenced then it 'may' be steps forward (and I say may in the lightest of terms).

I just hate the essence of people suggesting nothing is in place, as if they are the font of knowledge, or have inside info, when they are as in the know (dark) as the rest of us.
The club and UoW's statement says that nothing is in place. It has a lot of intentions to put things in place.

Moff

The club and UoW's statement says that nothing is in place. It has a lot of intentions to put things in place.

Fucking hell this forum is just a play on words.

I didn't say a partnership was in place. Never did, haven't, didn't, havent etc etc etc etc

Planning to form a partnership is progress, if its happening. You like I don't know if that is the case, time will tell ( and yes I can understand exactly where you are coming from)

NorthernWisdom

Fucking hell this forum is just a play on words.

I didn't say a partnership was in place. Never did, haven't, didn't, havent etc etc etc etc

Planning to form a partnership is progress, if its happening. You like I don't know if that is the case, time will tell ( and yes I can understand exactly where you are coming from)
You said people were suggesting nothing is in place. The club and UoW's statement says nothing is in place, that's why people are suggesting nothing is in place.

NorthernWisdom

Coventry City Football Club and the University of Warwick are delighted to announce that they have commenced planning for a partnership

Whilst an exact site has yet to be agreed

This will require significant discussion and partnership work

hope that in doing so, it will pave the way to many discussions needed

It's all what they'd like to happen, not what has happened.

Users who are viewing this thread