New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

usskyblue

Oh, ok then - great job representing us as usual then đź‘Ť

glasshouse-stone.gif

Looking back at this thread m8, you were debating what kind of stadium we should base the new one on.

SBT

I'm sure I must've done something to offend you for you to be such a massive c**t, so sorry for that.

Oh dear - seems like the “far more important things” you had to worry about were which JustEat option would sober you up fastest.

SBT

glasshouse-stone.gif

Looking back at this thread m8, you were debating what kind of stadium we should base the new one on.

Yes I encourage anyone to go back and look at my posts in this thread, where they can see me repeatedly pointing out that both SISU and CCFC have an awful track record when it comes to stadium announcements and that any optimism at the time was probably more to do with post-L1 title excitement than anything else.

usskyblue

Yes I encourage anyone to go back and look at my posts in this thread, where they can see me repeatedly pointing out that both SISU and CCFC have an awful track record when it comes to stadium announcements and that any optimism at the time was probably more to do with post-L1 title excitement than anything else.

U on the Babycham m8?

Most people on here were skeptical, or just made jokes about the proposition on this thread. They still were even after the Vice Chancellor of the Uni made a joint statement with Seppala in February.

SBT

U on the Babycham m8?

Most people on here were skeptical, or just made jokes about the proposition on this thread. They still were even after the Vice Chancellor of the Uni made a joint statement with Seppala in February.

Really? This is just from page 1 of the thread:

Fuck a duck!
No mention of timescale but would think we are talking 3-4 years minimum given the planning process doesn’t appear to have started.

great news for the future but maybe points to a little longer at StAns/less favourable deal at Ricoh
Without the partnership of Warwick Uni, it would be easy to say that its just a ploy to get a better deal at the Ricoh but I don't image the Uni would play that game
Que the detractors, excuse makers and I can hear those twitter accounts firing up as we speak!....
Nice one, can't wait to see the plans.
5-year deal at the Ricoh. Then we hop into the Jimmy Hill Stadium with 19k Sky Blue fans having a fucking party to celebrate out first year back in the Prem.
The sky blue express continues to gather pace for its one way ticket back to the Premier League. Great news. Early days but at least it’s a start! Plus under the jurisdiction of Warwick Council so we shouldn’t have any interference from those tossers from the City Centre. 18/20k modular with potential to increase to 35k if required. Superb.
Fantastic news.

If people are finding excuses now, they really shouldn’t be a fan.

Massive kick in the teeth for Wasps and Council.

chiefdave

there's been no update from the local councillors for ages. the last one was that nothing could progress until Warwick council finalised the route for the new road and specifically exactly where the junction for the uni would be, which at the time had been delayed by covid but that was an age ago now so surely had been done.

SBT

I love the perseverance m8 but SISU building a stadium is as likely as the council allowing a second stadium for the football club to be built. It ain’t happening.

But you can have 3 internet hindsight points for your trouble.

Ok cool, glad we agree then. Cheers for going through my posts too!

oldfiver

there's been no update from the local councillors for ages. the last one was that nothing could progress until Warwick council finalised the route for the new road and specifically exactly where the junction for the uni would be, which at the time had been delayed by covid but that was an age ago now so surely had been done.

The road route is delayed at the CCC end - surprise!

Grendel

Every forum it comes up and it’s fair to say the progress is frustrating.

It was never being built - just a tick box exercise with the EFL - I am sure staged comments will come out as and when they have to

The real issue is what happens when the lease starts to decline

There is no assurances wasps will be gone even if they go into administration.

tisza

So the nay sayers.
Are the University being led up the garden path?
Or is there a reason the University would "collude" with SISU to mislead people?
SISU have form on misleading people about a new stadium. There were pretty pictures flashed around years ago about how the then new stadium was going to look.

shmmeee

The road? I think that's probably needed regardless. Although take your point that whether it happens or not is a completely different thing.

The stadium.

Nonidea if the road is happening but pinning your hopes on something that’s only in consultation phases is pretty reckless. Unless of course you never intended to be able to do it.

Alkhen

At one point I was genuinely wishing we'd build a 15,000-20,000 seater at the uni just to end the nonsense... Imagine that now. The neglect shown by SISU and the council to the club and fans should never be forgotten. Utterly shameful. Doug has done well, just shows how even a little investment and care can achieve

Old Warwickshire lad

We should have expected what we got from SISU ,after all we were nothing but an investment to them.
But CCC is another story, we were their city’s football team with a proud history. And they were prepared to destroy over 100 years of tradition and pride,that people from Coventry,Warwickshire and even further afield,had in their team.
Just to win a petty argument, they were going to destroy the club.
Lest we forget.

pusbccfc

At one point I was genuinely wishing we'd build a 15,000-20,000 seater at the uni just to end the nonsense... Imagine that now. The neglect shown by SISU and the council to the club and fans should never be forgotten. Utterly shameful. Doug has done well, just shows how even a little investment and care can achieve

It's mental anyone ever thought we should. We have always been capable of having 25,000+ a week.

Maybe not a sleeping giant but a sleeping big city club.

Gynnsthetonic

We should have expected what we got from SISU ,after all we were nothing but an investment to them.
But CCC is another story, we were their city’s football team with a proud history. And they were prepared to destroy over 100 years of tradition and pride,that people from Coventry,Warwickshire and even further afield,had in their team.
Lest we forget.
Ahh the good old City of Rugby 🏉

robbiethemole

Lest we forget.
Just a bunch of self-serving shitbags, and nothing's changed, they're still working behind the scenes to screw us over if they can.
Hopefully, Doug knows what to expect and can shut them down

shmmeee

Lest we forget.

Hard to forget shit you’ve just made up.

Skybluecol

Absolutle
Lest we forget.
Absolutely 100% we must not forget what has happened.....but what's also as important is over time those at CCC will no longer be there and we must not hold others against their predecessors but judge them on what they do themselves.
Individuals back then I really disliked and they've moved on and I hope Karma hits them like an artic truck multiple times over

Brighton Sky Blue

Lest we forget.

Hard to forget shit you’ve just made up.

Sorry,forgot shouldn’t criticise your beloved council friends.
After they did everything possible to support the club.
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Users who are viewing this thread