New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (4 Viewers)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

They are also over weight, Grow stupid fluffy overgrown beards, sleeves pushed up on their jumpers and have little or no confidence. Only attend when they get a free ticket or because Rupert in accounts goes and they want to get in Ruperts inner circle. Very much what it was like at JLR when they were sponsoring them. Fucking embarrassing.

Don’t get me started on the MALE average wasps supporter either!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

They are also over weight, Grow stupid fluffy overgrown beards, sleeves pushed up on their jumpers and have little or no confidence. Only attend when they get a free ticket or because Rupert in accounts goes and they want to get in Ruperts inner circle. Very much what it was like at JLR
when they were sponsoring them. Fucking embarrassing.

Are you talking of all rugby fans

shmmeee

Good info. Gives a general idea. Care to guess which plot of land is the future location?

If they want an easy life it’ll be here. Only bit they own that’s not in CCC boundary and not in green belt, plus it’s next to the “Sport and Wellness Hub” whatever that is?

(Ignore the red pin)

229D48E6-6598-4579-B03A-24FD811A4783.jpeg

I reckon where ever it is it’ll go up to national government level just because of the size of the project. With our current governments attitude to planning that can only be a good thing I think.

Feb57

There are two billboards on the Rowleys Green island that the insects use to advertise their games, would be great if we could get those two quotes up on the billboard. One on each. Does anyone know how much it would cost to hire those billboards for a period of time?

CCFC54321

There are two billboards on the Rowleys Green island that the insects use to advertise their games, would be great if we could get those two quotes up on the billboard. One on each. Does anyone know how much it would cost to hire those billboards for a period of time?
I’ll contribute to that! :)

Travs

If they want an easy life it’ll be here. Only bit they own that’s not in CCC boundary and not in green belt, plus it’s next to the “Sport and Wellness Hub” whatever that is?

(Ignore the red pin)

View attachment 16296

I reckon where ever it is it’ll go up to national government level just because of the size of the project. With our current governments attitude to planning that can only be a good thing I think.

the Sport & Wellness Hub is basically that building furthest bottom-left on the image. Basically it's a Sports Centre (would you believe).

There's certainly a lot of development in that area. Although as you can see it's heavily used for cricket and a number of good-quality football pitches. The pitches are on different levels, you can't see from the photo that you "step-up" from one pitch to another. It's been a while since i ran that way, but if memory serves me right, that wooded area is also on a bit of an incline...

ajsccfc

The whole area directly adjacent to campus is on various levels of gradient, I don't know if it gets flatter the more towards Kenilworth it goes but to house a stadium a lot of leveling would be needed

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

the Sport & Wellness Hub is basically that building furthest bottom-left on the image. Basically it's a Sports Centre (would you believe).

There's certainly a lot of development in that area. Although as you can see it's heavily used for cricket and a number of good-quality football pitches. The pitches are on different levels, you can't see from the photo that you "step-up" from one pitch to another. It's been a while since i ran that way, but if memory serves me right, that wooded area is also on a bit of an incline...
It has been said the new stadium will be on agricultural land and that it will be served by the A46 link road (the course of which has yet to be finally decided). As has already also been pointed out, a fairly flat site is needed.

I think you may be looking in the wrong spot. Try taking a look at the Warwick District Council Local Plan maps and imagine a corridor for the new road. There are only a few spots where a stadium could be put.

chiefdave

If a stadium ever happens they'll move training and academy there as well IMO. Ryton is in the local plan for housing isn't it which presumably increases the value of the land. Obviously would only be a fraction of the cost of a new stadium but it will all help.

Pretty sure the proposed site will be adjacent to the existing sports provision. Possibly just south or south east of the existing pitches. Having the stadium there would make sense. If, as the uni indicated, there will be a junction off the A46 for the stadium you could link that to the proposed big new car park planned for just off the Gibbet Hill Road / Leighfield Road roundabout. A46 will come out on Westwood Heath Road near the unis other proposed big new car park - that would be about a mile from the stadium so walkable or park and ride.

If you do that it rules out a lot of complaints about local traffic. Plus you're sandwiched between existing development and the a46 relief road, which itself will be next to HS2. That's got to be a relatively easy piece of land to get planning permission on.

CoventryUSA

If a stadium ever happens they'll move training and academy there as well IMO. Ryton is in the local plan for housing isn't it which presumably increases the value of the land. Obviously would only be a fraction of the cost of a new stadium but it will all help.

Pretty sure the proposed site will be adjacent to the existing sports provision. Possibly just south or south east of the existing pitches. Having the stadium there would make sense. If, as the uni indicated, there will be a junction off the A46 for the stadium you could link that to the proposed big new car park planned for just off the Gibbet Hill Road / Leighfield Road roundabout. A46 will come out on Westwood Heath Road near the unis other proposed big new car park - that would be about a mile from the stadium so walkable or park and ride.

If you do that it rules out a lot of complaints about local traffic. Plus you're sandwiched between existing development and the a46 relief road, which itself will be next to HS2. That's got to be a relatively easy piece of land to get planning permission on.

Maybe something like this?

development.png

Levship20

Mmm how about pressing the opposition on the need for indemnities and the close links they have with Wasps hey Cllr Blundell 🤔

kapowaz

Maybe something like this?

View attachment 16304

From looking at the various planning docs, I made this map (along with speculative site for the new stadium); I think it’s reasonably accurate. The train station would most likely be connected to the new Kings Hill development in the area just south of Bishop Ullathorne’s playing fields (turquoise dot here), and the A46 strategic link road is meant to follow a path starting from the Stoneleigh Junction, but cutting directly across farmland:

1595428416941-png.15983

shmmeee

Christ, some of the quotes in that article are a bit dramatic aren’t they!

Is this your first time reading a Tory councillors response to literally any development anywhere their voters live?

Maybe I’ve been primed being in the Finham FB Group the last couple of years.

Greggs

They are also over weight, Grow stupid fluffy overgrown beards, sleeves pushed up on their jumpers and have little or no confidence. Only attend when they get a free ticket or because Rupert in accounts goes and they want to get in Ruperts inner circle. Very much what it was like at JLR when they were sponsoring them. Fucking embarrassing.

Rupert from accounts sounds a right geezer

Cranfield Sky Blue

If you look on their forums, most of them really think we should have gone cap-in-hand to them begging to play in their/our stadium, whilst paying them for the privilege, and propping up the failing business model. They really are some of the cuntiest fuckers that go there, and feel they have the right to look down on CCFC/SISU as dirt. Well, they fucked up in Wycombe, so lets hope and pray it happens again soon.
Cuntiest fuckers.. 🤣🤣

shmmeee

From looking at the various planning docs, I made this map (along with speculative site for the new stadium); I think it’s reasonably accurate. The train station would most likely be connected to the new Kings Hill development in the area just south of Bishop Ullathorne’s playing fields (turquoise dot here), and the A46 strategic link road is meant to follow a path starting from the Stoneleigh Junction, but cutting directly across farmland:

1595428416941-png.15983

Only questions about that exact site are:

- Very close to wealthy residential
- In green belt at the moment
- That parcel of land doesn’t appear to be owned by UoW but by a Mr and Mrs Dickens in Kenilworth (though UoW May have an option, I’m not clear on the legalese but they are mentioned), it does however have restrictive covenants on it that seem to suggest a stadium is unlikely:
image.jpg

That’s why I think further down closer to the main campus is more likely.

wingy

- That parcel of land doesn’t appear to be owned by UoW but by a Mr and Mrs Dickens in Kenilworth (though UoW May have an option, I’m not clear on the legalese but they are mentioned), it does however have restrictive covenants on it that seem to suggest a stadium is unlikely:
View attachment 16399

Charles?

David O'Day

Is this your first time reading a Tory councillors response to literally any development anywhere their voters live?

Maybe I’ve been primed being in the Finham FB Group the last couple of years.

They also don't have a clue about how the A46 link road will work. It isn't going to go through the Westwood Business Park you plums. It's a road from Stoneleigh to Westwood Heath. Link roads don't tend to get built through already built up areas and were would it go? why would it even go near their as the business park is more Canley so it would eb a fucking weird route.

Tories gonna Tory

David O'Day

View attachment 16399

It's Deffo going to be built on land already owned by UoW that is within WDC jurisdiction. Not 100% decided on exactly were but that is the brief.

shmmeee

It's Deffo going to be built on land already owned by UoW that is within WDC jurisdiction. Not 100% decided on exactly were but that is the brief.

That’s why I think further to the West. Out of green belt, further from possible residential complaints, owned by UoW already probably without restrictions (haven’t checked but I’d assume so)

wingy

They also don't have a clue about how the A46 link road will work. It isn't going to go through the Westwood Business Park you plums. It's a road from Stoneleigh to Westwood Heath. Link roads don't tend to get built through already built up areas and were would it go? why would it even go near their as the business park is more Canley so it would eb a fucking weird route.

Tories gonna Tory
Hasn't there always been a suggestion of a New rd Eastern Grn side to link up with the A45 .
Just a middle section to complete?

David O'Day

Hasn't there always been a suggestion of a New rd Eastern Grn side to link up with the A45 .
Still wouldn't go through the business park.

Where's it going to be built? The business park is a 2 lane road surrounded by buildings?

The WDC plans fro the link road show in going from Stoneleigh Junction to the Westwood Heath Road. The other side of that you have built up Canley. Where is it going to cross Charter Ave and where does it go through Prior Deram?

David O'Day

Also why would you need a middle section? Surely as the link road connects to Westwood Heath road it makes more sense to improve cromwell lane/banner lane which is basically a straight road to Eastern Green

wingy

Also why would you need a middle section? Surely as the link road connects to Westwood Heath road it makes more sense to improve cromwell lane/banner lane which is basically a straight road to Eastern Green
Well I'd have thought more out of Tile Hill then Either Hockley or again a little further out.

Users who are viewing this thread