New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (3 Viewers)

Moff

Only questions about that exact site are:

- Very close to wealthy residential
- In green belt at the moment
- That parcel of land doesn’t appear to be owned by UoW but by a Mr and Mrs Dickens in Kenilworth (though UoW May have an option, I’m not clear on the legalese but they are mentioned), it does however have restrictive covenants on it that seem to suggest a stadium is unlikely:
View attachment 16399

That’s why I think further down closer to the main campus is more likely.

I agree, I believed the proposal would be more to the left on the map on the wooded area, and fields to the top left hand corner of the picture where the road curves.

The Uni field there is a sports field, and I presume available to be developed, and that side of the road is all WDC.

letsallsingtogether

Is this your first time reading a Tory councillors response to literally any development anywhere their voters live?

Maybe I’ve been primed being in the Finham FB Group the last couple of years.
So Have I.
At least they respond and try to help labour councillors just take it fuckin waste of time.
I live on Green lane and can see the impact that developement will have.
Funny how they are building right next to Severn trent and the myth that it never stinks try going to finham park on a hot day.

BananaFlats

I was under the impression any new relief road from the A46 Stoneleigh was going to follow the HS2 service road and eventually join up with A452 at the back of Balsall Common. Or did I dream that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr_monkey

Sadly, I think he's right. Can you really see a stadium being built their? Will SISU actually put planning permission in?

Due to the uni involvement I think there is more chance than ever before of a new one being built. I don't get what is in it for them if it's not a legitimate thing.

Last edited:

David O'Day

So Have I.
At least they respond and try to help labour councillors just take it fuckin waste of time.
I live on Green lane and can see the impact that developement will have.
Funny how they are building right next to Severn trent and the myth that it never stinks try going to finham park on a hot day.

Um why would Labour councillors be replying on the facebook page of an area they have no councillors?

shmmeee

Some are good, some are bad. Tories are the same just there's a lot less of them

Oh don’t get me wrong, the Tories are wronguns, but they’ve hit the Karen demographic on FB perfectly.

To be fair it is a councillor in Coventry who's ward butts up to the the land where the stadium would be echoing his kenilworth wannabe voters nimby concerns.

Kenilworth Abbey and Arden (the ward the stadium will be in) is all Tory. They’ll be exactly the same IMO. As Kings Hill showed it don’t mean much though, especially with Cumming about to rip up planning law.

jan51

Do you people really have that little else to do in life than create new accounts on here to push an agenda. Go out and enjoy the sun 😉
Just to inform you I have been a member of this group for several years. Due to changing my password it appears that I have become a new member. If you had sat next to Mr Fisher 7 years ago telling me a site had been identified for a new stadium and it would be ready in 3 years, you might have doubts. For your info I do not sit in the sun

mr_monkey

Just to inform you I have been a member of this group for several years. Due to changing my password it appears that I have become a new member. If you had sat next to Mr Fisher 7 years ago telling me a site had been identified for a new stadium and it would be ready in 3 years, you might have doubts. For your info I do not sit in the sun

Of course mate ;)

David O'Day

Oh don’t get me wrong, the Tories are wronguns, but they’ve hit the Karen demographic on FB perfectly.

Kenilworth Abbey and Arden (the ward the stadium will be in) is all Tory. They’ll be exactly the same IMO. As Kings Hill showed it don’t mean much though, especially with Cumming about to rip up planning law.

Aye, i'll get okayed even if it has to go to Westminster to be done, anyone got Jenricks number?

David O'Day

Several years

Users who are viewing this thread