New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (5 Viewers)

chiefdave

I was under the impression any new relief road from the A46 Stoneleigh was going to follow the HS2 service road and eventually join up with A452 at the back of Balsall Common. Or did I dream that?
You didn’t dream it. Phase 1 is the new roundabout for which prep work has already begun, land is being cleared and utilities re-routes.

Phase 2 is a relief road which goes past the new stadium site and comes out at Westwood Heath Road.

The controversial part is phase 3, the existence of which was denied by the councils involved. That extends the relief road to join the A45 either near the NEC (where the HS2 station will be) or just on the Cov boundary (near the Land Rover dealership).

chiefdave

To be fair to CCC I don't have a problem with them sticking their beak in here, let's hear some more or at least a loose timetable for when we might hear something, e.g outline planning, full planning etc etc
The CT seemed to have missed out a couple of points the councillors reported back from their meeting with the Uni.

UoW say they have put a team together internally to oversee the project and they also said they would be holding a public consultation later this year.

letsallsingtogether

Um why would Labour councillors be replying on the facebook page of an area they have no councillors?
Not on about fb just generally and they are councillors of this city not just one area.
Anything that happens in this City should affect them all.
So should the Councillor for Holbrooks (we all know who she is) be the only one who has a say on the Ricoh as it is on her patch?

Alkhen

Well I'd have thought more out of Tile Hill then Either Hockley or again a little further out.

Might be just me but every time I come on the forum I see the thread title 'New Stadium Announcement!!!!!!'

And I get excited there might be movement.

Any chance important threads like this which are useful and relevant can get renamed after the initial hype. something less CET clickbaity after the fact. I mean nowts happens since. Maybe just something like' July Stadium Announcement' or something? @Nick is that possible, do people agree? I've given up following the mess that the CET/CovOnline have become and come here for news so would be nice

Last edited:

mark82

Just to inform you I have been a member of this group for several years. Due to changing my password it appears that I have become a new member. If you had sat next to Mr Fisher 7 years ago telling me a site had been identified for a new stadium and it would be ready in 3 years, you might have doubts. For your info I do not sit in the sun

Vampire?

tenor (3).gif

shmmeee

Might be just me but every time I come on the forum I see the thread title 'New Stadium Announcement!!!!!!'

And I get excited there might be movement.

Any chance important threads like this which are useful and relevant can get renamed after the initial hype. something less CET clickbaity after the fact. I mean nowts happens since. Maybe just something like' July Stadium Announcement' or something? @Nick is that possible, do people agree? I've given up following the mess that the CET/CovOnline have become and come here for news so would be nice

I bumped it with new news (Blundells comments) because we were told off in the other thread for talking about the new ground when there’s a new ground thread.

David O'Day

Not on about fb just generally and they are councillors of this city not just one area.
Anything that happens in this City should affect them all.
So should the Councillor for Holbrooks (we all know who she is) be the only one who has a say on the Ricoh as it is on her patch?

Officially the stadium is in Rowleys Green which is in Longford so they're local councillor (or one of them) does have final say it seems

Esoterica

To be fair to CCC I don't have a problem with them sticking their beak in here, let's hear some more or at least a loose timetable for when we might hear something, e.g outline planning, full planning etc etc
Exactly. If SISU are being disingenuous again over their intention to build a stadium, then just accepting what they say and cracking on with 5 years in Birmingham while SISU update us at their leisure, is exactly what they'd want. CCC might have thinly veiled reasons for wanting more information but we should be pushing for and want the same.

Magwitch

5 years in Birmingham wont happen. My concern is the EFL are starting to flex a bit of muscle Here and there lately. Soon they will be asking for more than just talk regards where we play long term.

NorthernWisdom

Exactly. If SISU are being disingenuous again over their intention to build a stadium, then just accepting what they say and cracking on with 5 years in Birmingham while SISU update us at their leisure, is exactly what they'd want. CCC might have thinly veiled reasons for wanting more information but we should be pushing for and want the same.
Yeah, where the site actually is hardly seems the most probing of questions in such things, anyway...

David O'Day

5 years in Birmingham wont happen. My concern is the EFL are starting to flex a bit of muscle Here and there lately. Soon they will be asking for more than just talk regards where we play long term.

5 years in Brum could happen with the EFLs blessing but only if CCFC prove to the EFL they are building a ground in "Coventrty"

clint van damme

what are you referring to here - the points deductions they've dished out?

shmmeee

The EFL will do what they’re told.

Punishing other clubs for an unfair advantage is one thing, a majority of owners will agree with that. Punishing a club for something they claim isn’t in their control (even if it is), no owner will want to be on the receiving end of.

Magwitch

Well imo they are a weak organisation but now under a bit of pressure to be a bit tougher. We have had the Wigan issue, Bury and Bolton last season and now point deductions. There are rules about grounds and let’s remember this new ground build was first muted years ago and the same guy who muted is still here in the same post. As I said there needs to be more a lot more than talk.

shmmeee

Well imo they are a weak organisation but now under a bit of pressure to be a bit tougher. We have had the Wigan issue, Bury and Bolton last season and now point deductions. There are rules about grounds and let’s remember this new ground build was first muted years ago and the same guy who muted is still here in the same post. As I said there needs to be more a lot more than talk.

Remember the EFL is basically an owners club. So getting tough on spending too much is one thing. All owners probably want a level playing field and an excuse not to overspend anyway.

Getting tough on a club in a rental disagreement is something else. Any owner in the same situation would want leniency so wouldn’t be pushing for action in our case.

I think it’s pretty clear the EFL aren’t going to save us. It’s Joy or nothing. So probably nothing.

Magwitch

The EFL will do what they’re told.

Punishing other clubs for an unfair advantage is one thing, a majority of owners will agree with that. Punishing a club for something they claim isn’t in their control (even if it is), no owner will want to be on the receiving end of.
Yes I agree but As I see it the trouble is our current position isn’t new, we have been down this new ground build route before when our then and current chairman said there were sites (plural) identified. There needs to more than pie crust promises.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
How can they talk if they're muted?...

Sky Blue Pete

Yep number 1 priority for Ccfc is to keep them in existence, number 2 is for them to be playing in coventry. We all know this. Would we really want the Efl to say to ccfc it’s coventry or nowhere?

Magwitch

and off we go for the tit for tat.

get the spade. in the ground and let’s get building
So
Yep number 1 priority for Ccfc is to keep them in existence, number 2 is for them to be playing in coventry. We all know this. Would we really want the Efl to say to ccfc it’s coventry or nowhere?
Of course not and it hasn’t come to that, yet. But we are now in the championship what happens if we do a Sheffield United ?
Another concern is an EFL me member (club) could complain forcing the EFL hand on this issue.

mr_monkey

Absolutely, but when was the last time we heard from Tim? We need to draw a line under what happened before and see what happens with this, if it is a smokescreen and utter bollocks then we should all shout from the rooftops about it but personally I feel there has been a major shift in the last couple of years in the way that sisu have run things and as such I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until proven one way or the other.

As we all know the world is proper fucked at the moment so we need to have patience with everything from this to signings to the shirt etc and judge on actions not on the past

mr_monkey

So

Of course not and it hasn’t come to that, yet. But we are now in the championship what happens if we do a Sheffield United ?
Another concern is an EFL me member (club) could complain forcing the EFL hand on this issue.

Complain about what?

Sky Blue Pete

So

Can’t see that but could be of course. When talking with joy and dave they were really thankful that efl had been so helpful about the ground situation. I know the trust felt that they should have put pressure on but it’s a dangerous game isn’t it?

Magwitch

Complain about what?
Well it’s EFL members who have to abide by the rules and the EFL that oversee them and act if a rule is broken and a member club can complain if a rule as they see it is broken. Personally I doubt that would happen but it’s a danger that could happen the longer we are nomadic. We need this pissing EU verdict soon as possible the wait is a joke.

mr_monkey

Well it’s EFL members who have to abide by the rules and the EFL that oversee them and act if a rule is broken and a member club can complain if a rule as they see it is broken. Personally I doubt that would happen but it’s a danger that could happen the longer we are nomadic. We need this pissing EU verdict soon as possible the wait is a joke.

But as long as we can provide details we are planning to build in cov we will be fine and I'm sure the EFL are privy to more details than have been released to the public

We definitely need the EU stuff sorted but unfortunately they have much more important things to deal with at the moment hence the delay

oldfiver

If you notice, the EFL Clubs all tend to support each other
The reasoning is quite simple - any time soon they might also be in trouble !

tisza

Yes I agree but As I see it the trouble is our current position isn’t new, we have been down this new ground build route before when our then and current chairman said there were sites (plural) identified. There needs to more than pie crust promises.
This current site was one of those identified just been sat on for years whilst everything else plays out.

tisza

If you notice, the EFL Clubs all tend to support each other
The reasoning is quite simple - any time soon they might also be in trouble !
SISU will get away with it for a while as EFL focus going to be keeping a fair number of other clubs from going bust. MP talked about 15 in immediate danger -that's 20% of their membership.

chiefdave

This current site was one of those identified just been sat on for years whilst everything else plays out.
Not acording to the uni. They told the local councillors this was a new project that had been moving quickly since it was initiated.

David O'Day

Not acording to the uni. They told the local councillors this was a new project that had been moving quickly since it was initiated.

This is a new project, they may have looked at the UoW in the past but it is only very recently CCFC and the UoW have actually been working together.

fernandopartridge

It's mooted

Users who are viewing this thread