New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm not going to Highfield Road it's too rough round there
I'm not going to the Ricoh it's too hard to park
I'm not going to St Andrews, we need to play in Coventry
I'm not going to Warwick Uni it's too congested

Fucking melts

I'm not going to the Butts Park Arena because there aren't enough pedestrian crossings.

That was my favourite one.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not going to Highfield Road it's too rough round there
I'm not going to the Ricoh it's too hard to park
I'm not going to St Andrews, we need to play in Coventry
I'm not going to Warwick Uni it's too congested

Fucking melts

What about MK Dons away though?

chiefdave

If that is the best propaganda they can put out we’re doing well
Is this the most negative thing the Telegraph have ever written about Wasps?
If the University of Warwick proposal for a new ground gathers steam and becomes a reality, this potential for reconciliation between Coventry City and Wasps disappears. There would be a severing of the ties.

Coventry City's furnishings would likely be removed and most traces of them from a 'former ground'. Where would this leave Wasps' reputation in the city where it played its first home game in December 2014?

In a region where they will need to attract increasing amounts of support to help fill seats for matchdays? There would be no happy ending and, in many quarters, a black mark placed against the Wasps name.
Although the article somehow manages to also come to the conclusion that us not being there, and having another stadium in the city, will make it easier for them to sell the naming rights.

Nick

Administrator

Although the article somehow manages to also come to the conclusion that us not being there, and having another stadium in the city, will make it easier for them to sell the naming rights.

Yeah it still tries to spin that it is CCFC / SISU's fault that Wasps are fucked financially.

Terry Gibson's perm

He couldn’t write anything to nasty it’s nearly freebie time for him.

shy_tall_knight

A tenant to WASPs is not a long term option, it can only work if we were in the Prem where the gate receipts and other income become less important as they are a small percentage of the TV money. If the Warwick Uni stadium I will go but I doubt even after the proposed infrastructure improvements the Uni could note cope with 15,000 descending on it

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not realising that it’s the moving of his sports team that’s led to our near demise? Yes - I hope they go bust. I wish our fans were hostile towards anything wasps.

Attachments

• DEB11BCB-E464-4302-887E-95E390B17B8F.png
    DEB11BCB-E464-4302-887E-95E390B17B8F.png
    723.8 KB · Views: 73

ajsccfc

Between 'Cov FC' and 'Wasps nest' I can't remember the last time I hated a single sentence more.

SeaSeeEffCee

Some Wasps fans comments are so far out of touch.

They seem to have no idea about their own situation either. Deluded.

Big fan of this comment.

“ It’s a real shame that there’s people wishing for the demise of a club that’s been around for over 150 years. At the end of the day we’re all fans of a sports team based in Coventry and you’d be hard pressed to find a Wasps fan who’s ideal situation wouldn’t be cohabiting the Ricoh with a Sisu-less CCFC.”

Wonder why Wasps fans would be in favour of cohabiting the Ricoh with is while they’re continue to rinse us, weird that.

pusbccfc

What about MK Dons away though?

Funnily enough, MK Dons is easier to get to by train.
Easier to park.
Little congestion.

We should just move there.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Big fan of this comment.

“ It’s a real shame that there’s people wishing for the demise of a club that’s been around for over 150 years. At the end of the day we’re all fans of a sports team based in Coventry and you’d be hard pressed to find a Wasps fan who’s ideal situation wouldn’t be cohabiting the Ricoh with a Sisu-less CCFC.”

Wonder why Wasps fans would be in favour of cohabiting the Ricoh with is while they’re continue to rinse us, weird that.
That’s wha annoys me - cannot understand why we won’t just be subservient and prop up their business.

damn SISU for not allowing this

CCFC54321

He couldn’t write anything to nasty it’s nearly freebie time for him.
if he actually wrote that then w***s are in the shit. His usual sickly stories he makes up brings a little bit of sick up.

Why doesn’t he also add that W***s long term future is in doubt and should ask how £50m debt is going to be serviced along with £35m next year. If he hasn’t thought about asking them questions he’s a shittier journalist than we all thought!

jto123

I'm no fan of being a Wasps tenant at all, but I think realistically we have to treat this new annoucement with scepticism. I would suspect that any relationship with Uni of Warwick is actually based through sports science. The stadium deal would presumably be a bargaining chip with the council and Wasps. Not to mention we have been down this road before. If it comes to past then great, but for now there is no reason to be excited by this prospect until more concrete plans are presented. We can also presume this will mean another 2 years in Birmingham.

Terry Gibson's perm

if he actually wrote that then w***s are in the shit. His usual sickly stories he makes up brings a little bit of sick up.

Why doesn’t he also add that W***s long term future is in doubt and should ask how £50m debt is going to be serviced along with £35m next year. If he hasn’t thought about asking them questions he’s a shittier journalist than we all thought!

He never asks them the tough questions he is a useless journalist and hopefully when they clear off they take their lap dog with them.

duffer

They're just not getting it on the Wasps forum, are they? Unless I've completely misunderstood the club agreed to cease legal action, but the complaint to the EU cannot be dropped.

The sticking point then became Wasps insistence on an indemnity clause, in case Coventry City Council were found to have acted incorrectly in their sale to Wasps.

Let me just say that again, because I can't believe that anyone should be able to misunderstand this, or support it.

Wasps want CCFC to cover the costs of the Council's maladministration, should they be found by a completely independent arbiter to have acted incorrectly.

To me, that's akin to buying a stolen car from somebody, being obliged to hand it back or pay proper value, and then expecting the original owner to refund you for your losses because he reported the crime.

D

Deleted member 4439

FOR RENT on Saturdays and designated weekdays, from August 2005.

Spacious driveway for 3 cars in the quiet hamlet of (Meriden's) Eastern Green, where nothing really happens (but us folks like it that way).

CCFC stadium on Westwood Heath just a brisk 30 minutes walk, through the village of Tile Hill, with hostilely en route. Why not stop mid-way at Tanyard Farm estate to take in the atmosphere of a match-day fight before your refreshment?

Note: the purveyor can accept no responsibility for damage to customers caused by turning left before Westwood Heath road, into Canley Road

Last edited by a moderator:

mark82

I mean for me, it’s less that there’s a new reason not to trust them, more than there’s no a new reason to trust them. We’ve been here before and got nowhere so it’s still very early days.

That said I hope it comes off and I think it’s the second best place behind the city centre for a new ground.

I think that they're partnering with one of the most reputable universities in the country should give some hope.

D

Deleted member 4439

I think that they're partnering with one of the most reputable universities in the country should give some hope.

Agree, very business-focussed, ambitious university who work to a very clear business development strategy.

shmmeee

I’ll be honest the biggest hope is the land. I couldn’t see where we could’ve built and believe me I’ve looked.

But it’s still Sisu. Warwick will be taking them on their word just like anyone else. Sisus record of partnerships isn’t exactly spotless. They’ve still got a lot to prove. Warwicks presence doesn’t really change that, it’s not like they’ve got some superpower if due diligence previous organisations that have partnered with them were lacking.

Skyblueweeman

They're just not getting it on the Wasps forum, are they? Unless I've completely misunderstood the club agreed to cease legal action, but the complaint to the EU cannot be dropped.

The sticking point then became Wasps insistence on an indemnity clause, in case Coventry City Council were found to have acted incorrectly in their sale to Wasps.

Let me just say that again, because I can't believe that anyone should be able to misunderstand this, or support it.

Wasps want CCFC to cover the costs of the Council's maladministration, should they be found by a completely independent arbiter to have acted incorrectly.

To me, that's akin to buying a stolen car from somebody, being obliged to hand it back or pay proper value, and then expecting the original owner to refund you for your losses because he reported the crime.

Duffer...can you do us a favour...sign up and post that on their forum. The don't have a clue. One guy suggested we could come back on 3 assumptions - no Sisu, 500K rent and no access to F+B money.

Absolutely deluded...

cc84cov

Stay at St Andrews Fuck the Ricoh off
Once and for all build the stadium we will all have the final laugh when wasps are bust & the council are left with that empty ground

Users who are viewing this thread