New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Equally .. what if it isn't?
I wonder that too. Looks to me which ever way this EU verdict goes could spell problems for the football club . Sisu win plug could be pulled on any chance of a Ricoh return, sisu lose who knows what happens if there’s another stage that too could spell trouble re. the Ricoh.

shmmeee

I wonder that too. Looks to me which ever way this EU verdict goes could spell problems for the football club . Sisu win plug could be pulled on any chance of a Ricoh return, sisu lose who knows what happens if there’s another stage that too could spell trouble re. the Ricoh.

Haven’t pulled this one out in a while:

9C4A4EA0-E031-47A6-9DAB-4B21D451B1D8.jpeg

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Urrrghhh. Planning Law, still have nightmares about that 25 years later. Best of luck.Till we all catch up andget onto
We’ve already done accountancy, EU law and loads of others on here I’m sure we’ll all get through Planning. Wingy is already onto Civil engineering, won’t be long Until we start on interior design. Mind you looks like we forgot about advanced architecture damn. Who is going to take that on?

letsallsingtogether

We’ve already done accountancy, EU law and loads of others on here I’m sure we’ll all get through Planning. Wingy is already onto Civil engineering, won’t be long Until we start on interior design. Mind you looks like we forgot about advanced architecture damn. Who is going to take that on?
And fashion design we need a new kit dont you know.

chiefdave

Plans for new homes close to where any ground is likely to be approved by CCC despite Blundells objections.

Does there come a point where the locals grow tired of objecting to everything? Not had much luck with HS2, the A46 relief road, Kings Hill development or this development. Would make you think you're wasting your time wouldn't it?

shmmeee

Plans for new homes close to where any ground is likely to be approved by CCC despite Blundells objections.

Does there come a point where the locals grow tired of objecting to everything? Not had much luck with HS2, the A46 relief road, Kings Hill development or this development. Would make you think you're wasting your time wouldn't it?

But then they’d have to enjoy their retirement!

chiefdave

But 20 more 'aspirational' houses are just more potential objectors to the stadium scheme, or the developer themselves will
If we are actually building a stadium then by the time these new homes are ready to be sold there will be some sign of a stadium. Be incredibly stupid to buy a house next to a stadium development and then moan that there's a stadium! Not that it wouldn't stop them but surely would be taken into account by anyone assessing an objection.

shmmeee

If we are actually building a stadium then by the time these new homes are ready to be sold there will be some sign of a stadium. Be incredibly stupid to buy a house next to a stadium development and then moan that there's a stadium! Not that it wouldn't stop them but surely would be taken into account by anyone assessing an objection.

Thinking about Paragon Park in Foleshill and IIRC what dragged the approval for the estate out for years was the metal recycling firm next door. Their argument was if they build houses then those residents will complain about the noise from the recycling plant. Not sure what got it approved in the end.

Maybe if we get in first we get to be the NIMBYs?

chiefdave

tbf, if somebody wanted to dump a bloody big stadium next to my house, I'd be objecting, too. Quite happy to NIMBY away in that respect!
For many year I lived about 800 metres from Fratton Park. It was a complete non issue, you could hear an occasional cheer if you were sat in your garden on a matchday and there was a 15 - 30 minute window before and after matches where traffic was heavy. Think a lot of people massively over estimate the impact it would have day to day.

fernandopartridge

Exactly why I mentioned the developer, and the developer with permission for a new estate of 'aspirational' houses (why do the council care so much about this) are going to make a strong representation on the importance of them not being in situ to a 18k capacity football stadium.

shmmeee

Exactly why I mentioned the developer, and the developer with permission for a new estate of 'aspirational' houses (why do the council care so much about this) are going to make a strong representation on the importance of them not being in situ to a 18k capacity football stadium.

Council care because aspirational homes bring in more council tax and their residents attract more high end retail and the like. That’s why Leam and Solihull get pushers shops (which also pay more rates). Coventry has always had a shortage of executive homes for its size.[/QUOTE]

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair I have family who have lived around there for over 50 years and I can see why they want it kept as is.

fernandopartridge

Council care because aspirational homes bring in more council tax and their residents attract more high end retail and the like. That’s why Leam and Solihull get pushers shops (which also pay more rates). Coventry has always had a shortage of executive homes for its size.
[/QUOTE]I know that but I found it curious how much was being made of it in the press release

Users who are viewing this thread