New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

mark82

Plans for new homes close to where any ground is likely to be approved by CCC despite Blundells objections.

Does there come a point where the locals grow tired of objecting to everything? Not had much luck with HS2, the A46 relief road, Kings Hill development or this development. Would make you think you're wasting your time wouldn't it?

Property developer objects to property development. "Yeah, but this one's near my house".

shmmeee

Something something agricultural land something something Ricoh pitch.

Make your own joke up, I’m tired.

Frostie

Yes there's not much tangible there but, as before really, at least something is happening.

Whilst we have every reason to be sceptical of SISU, it's a joint statement & there's no reason for the Uni to be associating themselves with it if it's purely bluster.

SBT

Yes there's not much tangible there but, as before really, at least something is happening.

Whilst we have every reason to be sceptical of SISU, it's a joint statement & there's no reason for the Uni to be associating themselves with it if it's purely bluster.

This idea that something must be happening purely because Warwick Uni has tied itself to the mast of our endless stadium project, and would somehow completely destroy its reputation if nothing happens is one of the weirdest parts of this whole affair.

cc84cov

This idea that something must be happening purely because Warwick Uni has tied itself to the mast of our endless stadium project, and would somehow completely destroy its reputation if nothing happens is one of the weirdest parts of this whole affair.
Their just another string to SISU’s bow 🎯

D

Deleted member 2477

Was the meeting titled “the Master Plan” and not available for the public to scrutinise ?

Frostie

Of course their reputation won't be destroyed but if it's complete bullshit what's in it for them to go along with it? It's a joint statement after all.

I'm not really sure what people were expecting?

If they'd said nothing at all until early next year (when we can expect something meaningful) then there would have been plenty calling them out for it. This just confirms it is at least ongoing.

shmmeee

Of course their reputation won't be destroyed but if it's complete bullshit what's in it for them to go along with it? It's a joint statement after all.

If they'd said nothing at all until early next year (when we can expect something meaningful) then there would have been plenty calling them out for it. This just confirms it is at least ongoing.

How would they know it’s complete bullshit? It’s a meeting.

Being fair, you can’t hide all your stadium discussions behind NDAs and “commercial confidentiality” and then complain people are asking for more info.

I maintain they shot their load too early on this to try and counter the breakdown in talks. Clearly it’s not particularly far along nor moving at any pace.

SBT

There is zero downside to them putting their names to the statement, and they're not even the first major organization to be associated with one of our many imaginary stadium projects.

In terms of what I was expecting - I think meetings between CCFC and Warwick Uni was the absolute bare minimum I was expecting, so I'm not sure why I should be doing cartwheels that they've been holding them (but can't share any more details until next year)

Users who are viewing this thread