New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

There is zero downside to them putting their names to the statement, and they're not even the first major organization to be associated with one of our many imaginary stadium projects.

In terms of what I was expecting - I think meetings between CCFC and Warwick Uni was the absolute bare minimum I was expecting, so I'm not sure why I should be doing cartwheels that they've been holding them (but can't share any more details until next year)
Lets all agree not to do cartwheels of excitement but also not moan like someone has spat on your granny too.

robbiekeane

Load of shit. It's stuff like this that undermines all the good work that the club has done from a fan relationship perspective. If there was genuinely a constructive meeting and you can't give the details because they are commercially sensitive, just say what you were talking about.

Were you meeting to discuss the specific area of land that will be built on? Was it about timelines? Was it about financing and innovative ways to have it paid for? Was it about the commercials/contractual set up for the partnership and how it would work in practice? Have they decided on a model stadium, size etc?

All the basic shit that you know fans would be curious about. If there was any truth to it whatsoever you'd be addressing these things. Shit, even if you can't address them for whatever reason, address that you can't fucking address them.

Got one side naming meetings things like masterplan thinking it's funny, and another side playing stupid games with non event meetings and releasing them knowing it would frustrate fans. Neither of them give a fuck about fans

Dickheads

hill83

How would they know it’s complete bullshit? It’s a meeting.

Being fair, you can’t hide all your stadium discussions behind NDAs and “commercial confidentiality” and then complain people are asking for more info.

I maintain they shot their load too early on this to try and counter the breakdown in talks. Clearly it’s not particularly far along nor moving at any pace.

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Works for CCC & Wasps! 😂

Two wrongs don’t make a right and Wasps and CCC rightly get a lot of stick for it.

It’s a tough one because they say nothing before moving to St Andrew’s and everyone would’ve been up in arms. Say something and everyone’s up in arms there’s no updates.

Ultimately thanks to the history of this project people will be sceptical until something concrete happens. Can’t blame anyone else for that.

Frostie

Load of shit. It's stuff like this that undermines all the good work that the club has done from a fan relationship perspective. If there was genuinely a constructive meeting and you can't give the details because they are commercially sensitive, just say what you were talking about.

Were you meeting to discuss the specific area of land that will be built on? Was it about timelines? Was it about financing and innovative ways to have it paid for? Was it about the commercials/contractual set up for the partnership and how it would work in practice? Have they decided on a model stadium, size etc?

All the basic shit that you know fans would be curious about. If there was any truth to it whatsoever you'd be addressing these things. Shit, even if you can't address them for whatever reason, address that you can't fucking address them.

Got one side naming meetings things like masterplan thinking it's funny, and another side playing stupid games with non event meetings and releasing them knowing it would frustrate fans. Neither of them give a fuck about fans

Dickheads

Damned if they do, damned if they don't...

Some have been clamouring for an update even though it's well known that not too much will have happened yet so it was obviously felt something should be released

If the statement had come just from the University it would be universally welcomed but unfortunately after so many false promises, everyone is rightly sceptical of anything released by our owners.

shmmeee

Dickheads

Gonna get shit for this but: literally everything CCC do is titled Masterplan. Station Masterplan, CCS Masterplan, etc etc. It’s just a buzzword for “big project“.

SBT

Some have been clamouring for an update even though it's well known that not too much will have happened yet so it was obviously felt something should be released

If the statement had come just from the University it would be universally welcomed but unfortunately after so many false promises, everyone is rightly sceptical of anything released by our owners.

Have to disagree with you. We didn't just want an update for the sake of it, we wanted an update on progress.

hill83

Gonna get shit for this but: literally everything CCC do is titled Masterplan. Station Masterplan, CCS Masterplan, etc etc. It’s just a buzzword for “big project“.

We’ll touch base on this one later. It’s on my radar, but by the end of play we’ll need to take it offline to make sure we’ve got all our ducks in a row going forward.

I’ll keep you in the loop 110%.

shmmeee

So big that they take no notes on it...?

Literally just had this conversation. Was just replying to the comment about “calling it a Masterplan”. Everything’s a Masterplan.

It’s all just rumour and supposition again innit? Excuse me if after six years and still no smoking gun I don’t get too excited. Let’s wait and see what happens. This whole thing feels very Donald Trumps recounts at this point.

I’ll wait for evidence of the stadium and I’ll wait for evidence of corruption and treat both waits the same.

mr_monkey

My former employer used to do exactly the same, it's not a nefarious name for some massive attack on anyone nor it is there to "troll" people it's just a term that some (normally older) people use for a big meeting

mr_monkey

Can’t even believe the University have been so daft allowing SISU to use them in this battle tbh 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

The people I have has dealings with at the uni certainly aren't daft and having them on board adds a (very small) bit of credibility to the statements which just brings them above Tim's previous drivel

The statement says nowt new but shows they are still talking which is a good thing and hopefully something comes of it, but like most people I'll hold off buying my seat until I see a spade in the ground ;)

robbiekeane

Respectfully, I don't agree mate. The update was that there was a meeting in November...nothing else

Ah fair enough. Didn’t know that, and for those who don’t it’s a bit pinky and the brain lol

mr_monkey

Respectfully, I don't agree mate. The update was that there was a meeting in November...nothing else

Ah fair enough. Didn’t know that, and for those who don’t it’s a bit pinky and the brain lol

What did you expect? These things take time and with the way the world is burning at the moment probably even more time than normal. They really shouldn't have mentioned anything earlier in the year as it obviously isn't ready for public consumption yet but I guess their hand was forced with the Ricoh stuff.

Any update other than talks have broken down should be greeted positively but obviously until we see the work started everyone is right to be sceptical.

The only glimmer of hope I have so far is the fact that Tim doesn't seem to be involved which can only be a positive thing :)

fernandopartridge

What did you expect? These things take time and with the way the world is burning at the moment probably even more time than normal. They really shouldn't have mentioned anything earlier in the year as it obviously isn't ready for public consumption yet but I guess their hand was forced with the Ricoh stuff.

Any update other than talks have broken down should be greeted positively but obviously until we see the work started everyone is right to be sceptical.

The only glimmer of hope I have so far is the fact that Tim doesn't seem to be involved which can only be a positive thing :)

They're not trying to build a spaceship, they're talking about building a football stadium on a piece of land the university owns. The lack of any clarity at all about the points of discussion just makes me think this utter horseshit.

cc84cov

The people I have has dealings with at the uni certainly aren't daft and having them on board adds a (very small) bit of credibility to the statements which just brings them above Tim's previous drivel

The statement says nowt new but shows they are still talking which is a good thing and hopefully something comes of it, but like most people I'll hold off buying my seat until I see a spade in the ground ;)
My good pal is head of facilities & maintenance up there he’s heard nothing happening as of yet,doesn’t mean it’s not happening might not have filtered down yet I just think no ground will ever be built by SISU who’s goal is still the Ricoh just changing their aim slightly using the Uni.

mr_monkey

They're not trying to build a spaceship, they're talking about building a football stadium on a piece of land the university owns. The lack of any clarity at all about the points of discussion just makes me think this utter horseshit.

You do realise it's not just sisu and the uni who have to agree to everything don't you, there are so many other areas that have to be agreed with so many other people especially with the road and rail stuff that is still being decided on.

I get the scepticism completely but it is a very very complicated project to even get off the ground and with the way the world is at the moment that's going to be even more difficult with so many moving parts

mr_monkey

My good pal is head of facilities & maintenance up there he’s heard nothing happening as of yet,doesn’t mean it’s not happening might not have filtered down yet I just think no ground will ever be built by SISU who’s goal is still the Ricoh just changing their aim slightly using the Uni.

Putting aside my doubt that you actually have any good pals ;) why would someone like that even be party to talks at such a high level

if (and it's definitely an if) it happens and they get everything signed up I'm sure he/she will get involved then, but to say that it's not happening because they haven't heard anything yet is nonsense

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Statement just seems like a tick box PR piece to push back timelines, to say next March, when I suspect there will be another similar statement. Other than saying we have had some talks it says nothing important but dresses it all up as real progress

Being associated with the project if it turns out to be a dud is not going to damage the uni at all. Their international reputation isn't based on small business deals of little risk on some farm land. If it all goes wrong the uni will still own the land and its core business will be totally unaffected. The reputational risk seems to be all to sisu and ccfc

Will wait and see what happens next year. Will keep an open mind as to this happening or not for now. Suggest we just focus on the football

fernandopartridge

You do realise it's not just sisu and the uni who have to agree to everything don't you, there are so many other areas that have to be agreed with so many other people especially with the road and rail stuff that is still being decided on.

I get the scepticism completely but it is a very very complicated project to even get off the ground and with the way the world is at the moment that's going to be even more difficult with so many moving parts

Yes, of course I do. If there are external dependencies state what they are then?

I've just been on a work call about the construction of a new hospital on a greenfield site. Amazing progress made on that despite the complexity.

Just find the whole thing a bit of a pisstake. Christ, we mock Wasps with their grand plans but at least they come up with something.

robbiekeane

What did you expect?
I already listed this in my previous post

Grendel

It’s not so complicated that something more detailed can’t be given

What I really want to see us the commercial evaluation that shows this is even financially viable. They must have some costings and some revenue benefit evaluation - let’s be honest this is bollocks

Esoterica

That's it. Get that can kicked down the road until next year when they can release another 'postive' statement in Spring, just in time for the next round of Ricoh negotiations.
When those talks fall through yet again, they can chuck out another statement saying they tried everything they could to get back to the Ricoh in the interim but don't worry they're still 100% committed to the new stadium (so please buy a season ticket at St Andrews).

cc84cov

I think we all know there will be no stadium built but more importantly I think wasps and council also know SISU are full of shit

Skybluemichael

I still think the plan is for wasps to go bust and pick up the Ricoh cheap, this will end up being a training complex for 1st team and the kids all on one site, the sale of ryton will pay for it and save rent at Higgs

Users who are viewing this thread