New Kit (2 Viewers)

vow

It's a grower not a show-a at the moment for me.

Mr Panda

I think it'd have been too much if the pattern carried onto the shorts. You need a bit of separation in the shorts else you'll end up looking like one of these mongs who wear co-ords

Attachments

• 9463712-1-black.jpg
    9463712-1-black.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 51

CanuckSkyBlue

I like the shirt, would prefer to have the option for no sponsor like the junior. It looks a lot better on the players than when its just advertised as the shirt online.

Peter Billing

Looks modern and fresh even with the nod to the 90s (loved that kit). Personally don't like the fade effect in kits, never sure which bit to look at, much prefer solid block colours. Good shade of blue though, and still better than anything by Nike or puma.

skybluebeast

I presume the kids kit will just not have a sponsor on it seeing as nothing has been announced. Think I’m right in thinking that they can’t put a betting company sponsor on kids kit?

LilleSkyBlue

I think the new kit is all right, no more. The link with Rosario and Quinn's era etc is tenuous to my eyes however.

Much preferred last year's and I wish we lived in a different world where we could just keep the same shirt for a couple of years without having to change the bally thing every season in order to make spondulix.

Reactions: vow

skybluesam66

I agree but Hummel seem to have impressed the last couple of years and are getting a number of contracts so I wonder how long it'll be before they have to resort to either more generic kits/templates or bring in slightly inferior kit designers to meet demand. Offering the more bespoke service also probably means they charge more which could put some off as the numbers they sell would mean the kit would have to pretty expensive.

You'd think Nike et al will have to seriously up their game to continue to get the accounts. Although bigger clubs that will sell shirts regardless of how dull the design is they could probably still do by being able to offer it cheaper.
Maybe or maybe not. How much has the brand increased in value the last couple of years

BornSlippySkyBlue

View attachment 16614

Don't know of people have seen this side by side but I think this seasons looks class next to last!?
If we’re honest last season’s kit wasn’t that different to the 87 one, so in a way we’re comparing a 30 year old design with a modern one. I realise this season’s has some influence from the 93/4 one, but nothing like as strong an influence as last years.

For me I’m not a fan of the collar, it feels like tinkering for the sake of it. Other than that, I love contrast collars and cuffs on the sleeves, so that’s a positive from me. I quite like the colour, and the logo, sponsors emblem and collar etc matching is good.

I’m not yet sure how I feel about the pattern and the way it fades, but need to see it in action to decide I think. I’d also be very interested to see it with navy shorts and socks or maybe white.

Edited because my fat fingers tapped post when I was halfway through.

Esoterica

If we’re honest last season’s kit wasn’t that different to the 87 one, so in a way we’re comparing a 30 year old design with a modern one. I realise this season’s has some influence from the 93/4 one, but nothing like as strong an influence as last years.

For me I’m not a fan of the collar, it feels like tinkering for the sake of it. Other than that, I love contrast collars and cuffs on the sleeves, so that’s a positive from me. I quite like the colour, and the logo, sponsors emblem and collar etc matching is good.

I’m not yet sure how I feel about the pattern and the way it fades, but need to see it in action to decide I think. I’d also be very interested to see it with navy shorts and socks or maybe white.

Edited because my fat fingers tapped post when I was halfway through.
Largely my feelings on it too. Love the top half of the kit, but would have preferred a solid collar. Love the customizations too. Not convinced by the fade in or sides of the shirt but maybe that will grow on me or look better in the flesh.

Bugsy

Great kit...love fade in and clear definition...and Sky Blue Army, but shame we can't see that. Wonder what the back's like!

This is the top of the back ...PUSB

Screenshot_20200827-091429.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread