New £30m stadium in pipeline (1 Viewer)

Otis

Mutton has just stated on the radio that Sisu have told acl that they will build a new £30m stadium in South Warwickshire if they can't agree rent.

Can I just correct the title of your thread if I may!

New £30m stadium in the pipedream.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
From what i hear, the biggest problem regarding the rent is not the amount per year as such, its the payment of the arrears. SISU basically dont want to pay them.

I would bet that ACL have put forward things to mitigate the arrears. It is now 11 months since they stopped paying and if the arrears were negotiated down to £400k I would bet ACL would go for it. Would SISU?

its going to get messy I reckon

theferret

People are kind of missing the point. All SISU would have to do is move just outside the city boundary and they would not have to put plans before the city council. 200 yards north of the ricoh you are in a different local authority, you could build one at Warwick Uni and still be in the Coventry urban area but technically outside the city. You could build an access road from the A46 to Brandon Stadium and CCC could do feck all about it.

In that sense it is feasible, and there is no issue with raising the money I suspect. It isn't quite as pie in the sky as it seems. It almost certainly won't happen I know, but it could happen if SISU decided they wanted it to, the only issue would be nimby opposition, so the whole project could take years. For that reason it is probably silly talk, because no way the club could survive playing at Hinckley or Rushden for that length of time.

torchomatic

The good people of Stoneleigh wouldn't like it. After all they messed up Thomsonfly, didn't they?

RoboCCFC90

Everyone back to slaggin the owners again? Mutton says something and we all believe its feckin gospel!

Also it was said "We rejected the 300K offer" but how do you know it wasn't the offer from SISU and not the other way round or did he say that and it wasn't quoted.

I don't like all of a sudden that everyone is back to slaggin the owners again, without them there is now club maybe some of you would be happier that way but I certainly ain't!

torchomatic

Well, it's true because by it's very nature it can be seen as anti-SISU/Fisher/Owners/Club. That's seen as good enough.

Another advantage is that I'd only have to worry about my car and wallet when I visited IKEA.

Everyone back to slaggin the owners again? Mutton says something and we all believe its feckin gospel!

Also it was said "We rejected the 300K offer" but how do you know it wasn't the offer from SISU and not the other way round or did he say that and it wasn't quoted.

I don't like all of a sudden that everyone is back to slaggin the owners again, without them there is now club maybe some of you would be happier that way but I certainly ain't!

SkyBlueCharlie

People are kind of missing the point. All SISU would have to do is move just outside the city boundary and they would not have to put plans before the city council. 200 yards north of the ricoh you are in a different local authority, you could build one at Warwick Uni and still be in the Coventry urban area but technically outside the city. You could build an access road from the A46 to Brandon Stadium and CCC could do feck all about it.

In that sense it is feasible, and there is no issue with raising the money I suspect. It isn't quite as pie in the sky as it seems. It almost certainly won't happen I know, but it could happen if SISU decided they wanted it to, the only issue would be nimby opposition, so the whole project could take years. For that reason it is probably silly talk, because no way the club could survive playing at Hinckley or Rushden for that length of time.

There might be a problem with the fact that all of the areas you mention are designated green belt, getting planning permission would be nie on near impossible....look at the problems the Hospital are having in getting an access road built for example. I can see a lot of sky blue pigs flying around!

Sub

apparantly the offer on the rent to SISU in excess of a million pound reduction of the original rent if true SISU need to pay the rent and get on with sorting the manager situation out !!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
They can move to another local authority area but CCC will still have a right to object especially when it would affect a regeneration program that has EU and Government funding. Planning permission will be required and that will involve work to be done on roads etc that if on the outskirts of Coventry could affect CCC ....... this is not a straight forward proposition....... not to mention the various ways it could all be delayed ....... look how long it took to get a train station agreed on an existing line.

If we take the comment as having substance it might explain why no deal is being struck. Perhaps JS needs ACL to wind up CCFC to break the lease, then gets the League to transfer to a New Co the Golden share on the assurance of a new ground being built, then ground share for a couple of years till new ground is built...... ACL lose the debt due to them but SISU lose the £40m already spent unless they "buy" the debt.

I am sure that SISU could find the money but at what cost. CCFC do not have money to put in so it would all be new additional debt matched by an asset equal in value. Any new ground would need other facilities around it to make it viable, pubs, bars, restaurants, shops all require investment too. Road links would have to be improved. What about bus routes lack of train links etc. Lot of physical obstacles but the biggest obstacle could well be time.

The costs of finance and the likelyhood of still being L1 means over the period there would be considerable financial pressure on the club. That in turn could well mean continued meagre investment on the pitch. Before you say it yes i know they have brought in players this year but ask yourself if that has been on the basis of additional investment or has it been on the basis of making figures fit the League budget so shopping for less quality. Not sure I see a new ground providing much more funds for the team ....... those new income sources TF likes to talk of still have costs attached..... little things like staff wages, goods for resale, car park maintenance etc..... only real addition source would be stadium naming rights

Last edited:

Covcraig@bury

Im all for a new stadium, but it needs to be in the city nearer the center.Theres a greAt place in hill fields called Highfield road, just knock them new build houses down and we will call it HOME.:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

RoboCCFC90

Well, it's true because by it's very nature it can be seen as anti-SISU/Fisher/Owners/Club. That's seen as good enough.

Another advantage is that I'd only have to worry about my car and wallet when I visited IKEA.

Okay I can't disagree that with them gone every fan would be a lot happier, but is everyone going to be happy if we get liquidated and fold?

Plus looking at the owners of Blackburn I would say we got brilliant owners!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
SISU have to look at other potential options, I think that's all this is and has then probably been blown out of proportion by the council. Also I don't think McGoldrick "walked" because he stumbled upon a secret evil SISU meeting outlining details to build a stadium in South Warks.

shropshirecov

As long as the tannoy was loud enough, but not too loud, and there was enough tampon machines, the supporters consultative group would be all for it

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
anyone think the old peugeot site at ryton might be what they are looking at ?

Lord_Nampil

Thing is as annoying as he has been over the last 12 months, Richard Keys said exactly the same thing in an interview with the BBC, the Ryton site would tick all the boxes as the ground and training complex would be next to each other, you have easy transport links from outside of Coventry but from inside Coventry you wouldn't have the best access.

I think theres more legs to this than a throw away line by Cnr Mutton!

Covcraig@bury

What pisses me off is the council own the Ricoh through revenue obtained through local tax`s. The people of Coventry. So in my eyes the Ricoh belongs to the people of Coventry.
So all revenue that comes out of the Ricoh is our Money. Just my thoughts,

[QUOTE=oldskyblue58;366220I am sure that SISU could find the money but at what cost. CCFC do not have money to put in so it would all be new additional debt matched by an asset equal in value. Any new ground would need other facilities around it to make it viable, pubs, bars, restaurants, shops all require investment too. Road links would have to be improved. What about bus routes lack of train links etc. Lot of physical obstacles but the biggest obstacle could well be time.

I've heard that plans are well advanced for Stoneleigh Halt on HS2 right outside the new main stand.

Noggin

What are they planning to do for the 2 or 3 years if they are lucky it will take to build a new stadium?

dadgad

What are they planning to do for the 2 or 3 years if they are lucky it will take to build a new stadium?
Probably be liquidated and start again.
We'll play in yellow, have a new badge be a brand and have a statue to Joy by the main stand.

torchomatic

If it's in Warwickshire then I don't want outsiders like Valiant coming along.

torchomatic

Well, ACL and the Council will have. Imagine all the fun things they'll do on that big green bit in the middle. Hold on, Dongo will soon tell which homeless professional football team is waiting in the wings...Damn, foiled again...

...You want a new stadium we've got one to spare? :guitar2:

MichaelCCFC

What would you get for 30 million these days? Stadium wise?

Crazy idea spend 1/3rd of that and buy Higgs share of the Ricoh

If they will do business with you, now.

Doesn't this get to the key point i.e. the council taking over the acl mortgage from Yorkshire bank prevented sisu getting even part ownership of the ricoh, leaving ccfc solely dependent on football related income. Sisu can continue not paying rent till ACL decide to go for a winding up order. Then sisu either pay up or they walk away and kiss goodbye to their £40+ million. I suspect everything else is just the usual acl/council/sisu PR games - last time it was moving to Hinckley or god knows where else, now it's a new stadium. I always thought the dispute would be resolved because it's only rational that a successful ccfc, at the ricoh, would benefit all parties. But that seems to be asking way too much

torchomatic

I reckon the Trust should give SISU their £40M and take the club over. Then give the council £30M for a slice of the Ricoh; Michael and Jan can take their seats on the board and everybody's happy.

Win-win.

Leamington Pete

They're all going mad ffs. Never, EVER in a month of Sundays will any planners in South Warwickshire sanction the building of a football stadium. Where ffs?!! Stoneleigh?? No chance! More madness to make our beloved club look ridiculous. We sold our ground and had a new stadium built, but we didn't like it and couldn't afford it so we're going to build another one which we still can't afford. Yeah right.

Mad I tell ya!

Users who are viewing this thread