New £30m stadium in pipeline (4 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Mutton has just stated on the radio that Sisu have told acl that they will build a new £30m stadium in South Warwickshire if they can't agree rent.

ajsccfc

That's got to be the emptiest threat this side of Oscar Pistorius threatening to kick his girlfriend's head in.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

We've already done the math on this one. It would cost more in interest payments on the loan than they're prepared to pay in rent. Ludicrous.

Air-Horn Joe is already up in arms about HS2. Wait 'til he hears he's got SISU's South Stand in his fish pond!

AFCCOVENTRY

Mutton has also said that we have rejected a £300k offer for rent and that Coventry should be wound up now.

Ashdown1

If true, they just make themselves look more foolish every month......................its all delaying tactics though, anything to avoid paying up any dues.

CovisGod

They are not skint. Wish people would realise that.

If they've got a decent whack of money lying around why don't they buy half the stadium were already in as opposed to building a new one ?

Genuine question, I seem to be being thick

MatthewWallis

I honestly think they will never agree a deal, even if they offered £1 a month rent, SISU would still probably reject it for some reason, they should just build a new stadium

mark82

I personally hope we do get a stadium that we own ourselves. Lets make it 25k expandable to say 40k if we ever get to the prem. most sensible idea they have ever had if true.

Mucca Mad Boys

I honestly think they will never agree a deal, even if they offered £1 a month rent, SISU would still probably reject it for some reason, they should just build a new stadium

Clearly they wouldn't reject £1 a month rent.

It was ACL who rejected 300k according to Mutton, what the previous poster said.

mark82

If they've got a decent whack of money lying around why don't they buy half the stadium were already in as opposed to building a new one ?

Genuine question, I seem to be being thick

Maybe arguments over its value. I suspect that is really what they are trying to negotiate for. Who knows.

Grendel

Didn't the Ricoh cost £112 million, what are they hoping for at £30 million...................jokers !

Easily most stadiums cost about that.

Covstu

yes this is getting silly, just come to an agreement on the rent and look to buy half of the ground initially. Problem is both parties are digging in heels and i assume we are still no paying rent???:confused:

RichieGunns

I've had enough of all this stadium crap.

Fisher and Waggot get on with and accept a fething bid!

Joy Seppala stop derailing things and get it done!!

ashbyjan

Enough City fans moan about travelling across Coventry to the Ricoh, can't imagine they will be overjoyed about travelling to Warwick or Leamington. Even if they did it they would still owe the back rent on the Ricoh, the stadium wouldn't be built overnight so will they carry on playing at the Ricoh rent free during construction? More empty threats - why can't these supposed adults just get the whole thing sorted and get on with the business of getting out of this damn division. Maybe its this whole saga and the threats of embargos and admin and strangled player budget that convinced MR to move and not just the bigger salary.

Users who are viewing this thread