New £30m stadium in pipeline (4 Viewers)

torchomatic

I'd be happy to move to another site. I have no particular affinity to the Ricoh. Highfield Road, of course, but not the Ricoh. I could wait three years. Then, as someone else said, Nuneaton Town could move into the Ricoh and pay ACL £1.2M.

Sky Blues

Go on then Mr Fisher, if you have the money, build us a new stadium. The club will be reunited with a ground it can call its own and ACL will be free to seek other users who may actually pay something to use the Ricoh. Everyone's a winner!

But I won't hold my breath that you'll actually do this - I suspect you're bluffing.

6 Generations

30 million for a new stadium?

Why not invest 10 mil to buy The Higgs Trust option and a further 10 mil invested in the team.

Save yourself 10 million!!!

Oh!! Not even a token amount towards outstanding rent.

torchomatic

And now that the Council have propped up ACL the need to sell has diminished even further.

Fuck 'em, I say.

Probably because they won't sell to sisu

OyJimmy

I could see circumstances under which Warwick District council might agree to give planning permission. If Sisu offered to build more than a stadium and create lots of Jobs then I'm sure a deal would be on. Plus the council get the benefit of the rates. Obvious place to build it would be just off the A46 near the turn off for leamington spa.....

J

Jack Griffin

I'd be happy to move to another site. I have no particular affinity to the Ricoh. Highfield Road, of course, but not the Ricoh. I could wait three years. Then, as someone else said, Nuneaton Town could move into the Ricoh and pay ACL £1.2M.

You are putting words into my mouth, I suggested an alternative tenant be lined up giving the Borough as an example, I mentioned nothing about a rental value, nothing at all.

Please stop being a d**kh**d.

6 Generations

And now that the Council have propped up ACL the need to sell has diminished even further.

Fuck 'em, I say.

What is undeniable is this magnificent arena belongs to The City of Coventry.

I accept that ACL needs the football team to play there.

However there is no chance of ACL ever agreeing to let our club have ownership of the stadium, while our club is owned by SISU.

SISU have made no attempt to pay any amount of rent at all.

Had they done during negotiations, they would have deserved far more sympathy than they are currently getting.

If we are evicted as a club from The Ricoh, it will still belong to The City of Coventry.

Gynnsthetonic

There is private land between Foleshill Rd and Stoney Stanton Rd about 1 mile from the city centre owned by some Coventry entrapanaur, build a 2 tier stadium, hotel, office space, conference facilities and it would be our own

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Haven't read all 16 pages (so please forgive me if I repeat whats already been said / asked), but where exactly is 'south Warwickshire'?

Also, its going to take years to build another stadium. 3 years i think has been quoted. What do they plan to do? Say to ACL "we're going to leave in 2016, but stay here until then. We don't plan to pay you anything in the meantime but as we're leaving anyway you may aswell not worry about the court action".

Are they really that daft?

As for mutton himself, if this is something hes concocted in attempt to get SISU to pay up, its a bit extreme, and pretty rediculous!

CJparker

Can't take this seriously tbh, just SISU huffing and puffing as usual to threaten the council - nobody buys it any more

ajsccfc

Warwickshire stretches as far south as a few miles from Banbury. Isn't that the place that reeks of coffee?

Leamington Pete

I could see circumstances under which Warwick District council might agree to give planning permission. If Sisu offered to build more than a stadium and create lots of Jobs then I'm sure a deal would be on. Plus the council get the benefit of the rates. Obvious place to build it would be just off the A46 near the turn off for leamington spa.....

Really, that will never ever happen in a million years.

steveo1987

What is undeniable is this magnificent arena belongs to The City of Coventry.

I accept that ACL needs the football team to play there.

However there is no chance of ACL ever agreeing to let our club have ownership of the stadium, while our club is owned by SISU.

SISU have made no attempt to pay any amount of rent at all.

Had they done during negotiations, they would have deserved far more sympathy than they are currently getting.

If we are evicted as a club from The Ricoh, it will still belong to The City of Coventry.

And just think,we can paint the elephant on our badge on the Ricoh white.

Nonleagueherewecome

Warwickshire stretches as far south as a few miles from Banbury. Isn't that the place that reeks of coffee?

Are you sure it's coffee? I thought it was something more grim...it does seem to be everywhere there, whatever it is.

torchomatic

I think you mean "coffee". We used to go a lot there when I was a kid for shopping and you can smell it miles away.

We go there every now and then too with the same smell.

torchomatic

Hold on. Many people on here keep telling me and others that SISU should not have a rental cut because we play in a Premiership stadium with marvellous facilities not comparable to any other team in L1. That's why we pay the horrendous rent we do. So surely, the same would apply to Nuneaton. The same "Premiership" quality stadium with it's fantastic facilites not comparable to any other ground in Blue Square Twelve or whatever league they are in. So no, I don't think I am putting words into your mouth.

So although you didn't mention a rental value plenty of others have due to our luxurious surroundings.

You are putting words into my mouth, I suggested an alternative tenant be lined up giving the Borough as an example, I mentioned nothing about a rental value, nothing at all.

Please stop being a d**kh**d.

Last edited:

torchomatic

To be honest, no I don't think they really are that daft and I do think something will get sorted eventually, but as I said I have no particular affinity with the Ricoh so why not?

Haven't read all 16 pages (so please forgive me if I repeat whats already been said / asked), but where exactly is 'south Warwickshire'?

Also, its going to take years to build another stadium. 3 years i think has been quoted. What do they plan to do? Say to ACL "we're going to leave in 2016, but stay here until then. We don't plan to pay you anything in the meantime but as we're leaving anyway you may aswell not worry about the court action".

Are they really that daft?

As for mutton himself, if this is something hes concocted in attempt to get SISU to pay up, its a bit extreme, and pretty rediculous!

torchomatic

No, I mean "coffee". Something that probably did once resemble coffee and tests would probably show a low percentage of actual coffee content. I.e. Mellow Birds.

Are you suggesting that by "coffee" ajs actually meant "coffee"?

Otis

I can't be arsed to read through all 17 pages here, but if the club were to set out and build a new stadium, this would take a minimum of 2 years and they will still have to pay the rent arrears they owe. There's no way of getting out of that surely.

Unless an agreement is made ACL will go after outstanding debt. Also, if we continue to not pay up then we may well have nowhere to play. The moving to another stadium made more sense than this new stadium brainwave for sure. The timing is all wrong.

if there was a ready built empty stadium close by then they might have a case, but to set out and build a new stadium that is going to be years down the line just sounds like poppycock to me.

The thing that just constantly nags me though and is what I keep coming back to, is this thing that if we don't come to an agreement and CCFC decide to ply their trade elsewhere they will still have to pay the arrears owed. There is no getting away from that.

Think we all agree that if CCFC at least paid something as a token gesture things might not look so bleak. If CCFC think the rent should be £200,000 then they should pay the £200,000.

J

Jack Griffin

Hold on. Many people on here keep telling me and others that SISU should not have a rental cut because we play in a Premiership stadium with marvellous facilities not comparable to any other team in L1. That's why we pay the horrendous rent we do. So surely, the same would apply to Nuneaton. The same "Premiership" quality stadium with it's fantastic facilites not comparable to any other ground in Blue Square Twelve or whatever league they are in. So no, I don't think I am putting words into your mouth.

So although you didn't mention a rental value plenty of others have due to our luxurious surroundings.

Show me where I ever said that then. I did not. In fact I agreed that a rent deal needed to be done & I believe that the last offer on the table was about right.

I douubt you could find a link to anyone who supports the £1M+ rent in unoquivical terms.

If lots of people said that then show me a post where I said it and 3 other posts which supported it, or SHUT UP and stop lying!

Last edited by a moderator:

ajsccfc

It could be for some sexy Ocean's Eleven hi-jinks, you never know. Spill the beans Jay, is it card counting? If so, what is card counting?

Users who are viewing this thread