Motor Vehicle for Robins (1 Viewer)

Otis

I'm afraid it's gonna be 82/83/84 for Automatic for third place.

72/73/74/75/76 for play offs. Goal difference may play a huge part.

All conjecture and pointless as theirs Still 16 games to go.

It is, but with the figures you have quoted, let's play along and say it's 82. We have 50 at the moment, that's 32 points needed from 16 games. 10 wins and 2 draws out of 16, or 11 wins out of 16.

That then means we have to turn our away form around massively, which is what I have said now at least eleventy billion and one times.

Automatics now is a huge ask because we are 16th in the away form table.

Londonccfcfan

It is, but with the figures you have quoted, let's play along and say it's 82. We have 50 at the moment, that's 32 points needed from 16 games. 10 wins and 2 draws out of 16, or 11 wins out of 16.

That then means we have to turn our away form around massively, which is what I have said now at least eleventy billion and one times.

Of Course!

oucho

We are having our best season for years and are on the esge of the autos in terms of points. But this is Cov and the manager has been in place for nearly a year so it must be time start sharpening the knives, regardless....

Otis

We are having our best season for years and are on the esge of the autos in terms of points. But this is Cov and the manager has been in place for nearly a year so it must be time start sharpening the knives, regardless....
He's doing a good job. Just two issues for me.

1. He needs to rethink the Doyle/Kelly midfield duo combination

And

2. He needs to sort out the away form.

clint van damme

And

exactly. I'm not sharpening the knife just hope he sorts things out. He did it with our iffy home form so hopefully he'll so it with the away form.
If we don't go up I don't want him sacked but I do think this year is are best chance.

skyblue1991

After much huffing and puffing only 8th , teams above us with games in hand

A rose tinted FA cup run and no team improvement

How can this be tolerated in Division 4 , one up from non league ?

Over inflated squad

No plan b or c

Answers on a post card to some address in Derby please

Fergusons_Beard

Doyle and Kelly worked against the MkDons.

What isn’t working is that they are both obviously not 100% fit and in this division with the heavy pitches and physical style of play, they won’t compete.

We’ll never know why they played at FGR-whether Robins decision or based on them both declaring themselves fit to play.

One thing is for sure-I hope Robins doesn’t make the same mistake again.

In fact that goes for all the players that aren’t 100% fit because they’re quite a few that are carrying niggles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hobo

It seems like you have illustrated individual players being responsible there[/QUOTE]
With whom would you replace Robins ?

He never answers who should we sign or who should we appoint. He just likes to slang people off.

Otis

Doyle and Kelly worked against the MkDons.

What isn’t working is that they are both obviously not 100% fit and in this division with the heavy pitches and physical style of play, they won’t compete.

We’ll never know why they played at FGR-whether Robins decision or based on them both declaring themselves fit to play.

One thing is for sure-I hope Robins doesn’t make the same mistake again.

In fact that goes for all the players that aren’t 100% fit because they’re quite a few that are carrying niggles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep, it has worked on occasion, but when they both play they are both defensive midfielders and we therefore lose that degree of creativity that Tom Bayliss brings.

Bayliss is also always wanting to go forwards and he runs forwards with the ball and takes players on, creating space for others.

Our win ratio is much better when Bayliss is in the centre and we simply don't create enough when it is Doyle and Kelly together.

Hobo

And

1. It depends whether they aren't doing what he is asking them to do vs other people are aren't doing what is asked of them. Of course a different combination might not have won the game anyway.

2. I doubt whether he thinks points away from home aren't needed.

Otis

1. It depends whether they aren't doing what he is asking them to do vs other people are aren't doing what is asked of them. Of course a different combination might not have won the game anyway.

2. I doubt whether he thinks points away from home aren't needed.

I don't go to away games, but all we keep hearing from fans that do is that we set up too defensively away from home and it is clearly not working because we keep on losing and hardly ever win.

It's not about what he thinks, it's about talking remedial action.

Grendel

He never answers who should we sign or who should we appoint. He just likes to slang people off.

Frankly when you start saying you can’t have an opinion on an individual without a ready made replacement is absurd. Managers success and failure is all down to luck and timing most of the time.

Mowbray should have been sacked in the first season in February. Most clubs would have seen the signs. There was no forward momentum at all and promotion was gone unless a change was made.

I haven’t said sack him now. However perhaps you’d like to explain how success would be achieved by a manager who failed first time at promotion when the second time the resources will be thinner and the main reasons for any success st all this season will be long gone.

Can you answer that?

fernandopartridge

I beg to differ. Read his philosophy and then see how that started changing our approach the moment and I do mean moment he arrived. First game with him here was Northampton at home in the cup. Look at the stats and see when we made our first substitution, then read what CA claims to be the best time to make a substitution. It’s to the minute. I think it’s naive to say the least to assume he wasn’t interfering in what until then was a fantastic team that rarely came in for criticism to a team that fell away dramatically. I know he didn’t leave officially until September but he seemed to disappear/go quite much sooner than that and that also saw a return to early season form and meant that we only just finished outside the playoffs.
Fair enough I've not done that analysis but still find it far fetched. Why didn't Mowbray mention it? Can't remember whether he or Mowbray went first

fernandopartridge

Let’s be honest though you’ve always believed in a long term approach with managers - it rarely works as it’s short term game. Exeter have a long term approach and it’s got them nowhere.
It's got them back into the league, competing at the level in which they belong. They're over achieving if you ask me.

Liquid Gold

Luckily that 32 points from 16 games is exactly the form we've been in over the last 9 games as pointed out earlier, 2 points per game.

Nobody is disputing our away form needs to improve as that's where were losing points but we're unbeatable at home at the moment so at least we're not drifting away from the pack.

We've got more bad luck with injuries and Robins has made some poor tactical choices but lets not get ahead of ourselves. It's the sort of February and we have the majority of our rivals still to play.

Otis

Luckily that 32 points from 16 games is exactly the form we've been in over the last 9 games as pointed out earlier, 2 points per game.

Nobody is disputing our away form needs to improve as that's where were losing points but we're unbeatable at home at the moment so at least we're not drifting away from the pack.

We've got more bad luck with injuries and Robins has made some poor tactical choices but lets not get ahead of ourselves. It's the sort of February and we have the majority of our rivals still to play.
Yep, unbeatable at home at the moment, but if we carry on the way we have been away from home we don't have to just be unbeatable at home we need to win every home game too.

clint van damme

we may not have drifted away from the pack but we've taken 3 points from 5 away games. If we carry that into the 3 away games on the spin we have after Saturday we will start to drift.

Otis

we may not have drifted away from the pack but we've taken 3 points from 5 away games. If we carry that into the 3 away games on the spin we have after Saturday we will start to drift.
Forgot about that. It's actually 4 away games in a row including the cup match.

Well there it is. If we continue with the poor away form into those three away league games that is our campaign over.

Might sound overly dramatic, but if we were to lose 3 in a row we would surely be way down the table and quite a number of points adrift.

Otis

Mark Robins hasn’t lasted much more than 2 years at any of his previous clubs were they all wrong ?
Think that's managers in general though isn't it.

I do think we will beat Accrington and I think the big occasion and very large crowd will help, but the following three away games after will surely define our season.

BackRoomRummermill

What short memories you all have

Mark Robins walked out on us when we were in our first season in Div 3 , we were doing ok , he had won manager of the month in the previous month we had a real chance to get back into the championship. Pure greed and disrespect for CCFC meant he left us with you know who in charge. I cannot forgive him , will not forgive him for that . Looking back it was a very disruptive event that led to our eventual decline into D4 as we missed the chance to get back in the Championship, lost players etc.

Make no mistake the first opportunity he will jump ship here for any self motivated reasons.

Hmmmm

Otis

Mark Robins walked out on us when we were in our first season in Div 3 , we were doing ok , he had won manager of the month in the previous month we had a real chance to get back into the championship. Pure greed and disrespect for CCFC meant he left us with you know who in charge. I cannot forgive him , will not forgive him for that . Looking back it was a very disruptive event that led to our eventual decline into D4 as we missed the chance to get back in the Championship, lost players etc.

Make no mistake the first opportunity he will jump ship here for any self motivated reasons.

Hmmmm
I forgave him and I welcomed him back too. Can't see the point of harbouring grudges myself.

bawtryneal

Frankly when you start saying you can’t have an opinion on an individual without a ready made replacement is absurd. Managers success and failure is all down to luck and timing most of the time.

Mowbray should have been sacked in the first season in February. Most clubs would have seen the signs. There was no forward momentum at all and promotion was gone unless a change was made.

I haven’t said sack him now. However perhaps you’d like to explain how success would be achieved by a manager who failed first time at promotion when the second time the resources will be thinner and the main reasons for any success st all this season will be long gone.

Can you answer that?

How do you know the resources would be thinner next season. Pure speculation
You could also suggest that with Jones and Andreu fit for next season the squad would be stronger.

Grendel

How do you know the resources would be thinner next season. Pure speculation
You could also suggest that with Jones and Andreu fit for next season the squad would be stronger.

Crowds will decline. There will be offers for mcnulty and it’s unlikely Bayliss will stay. It’s suggested we’ve over estimated on budget this season.

We will still have Beavon and Biamou though.

Otis

Crowds will decline. There will be offers for mcnulty and it’s unlikely Bayliss will stay. It’s suggested we’ve over estimated on budget this season.

We will still have Beavon and Biamou though.
I think it certain crowds will decrease next season. Pretty certain too we will lose our best players.

skybluetony176

Fair enough I've not done that analysis but still find it far fetched. Why didn't Mowbray mention it? Can't remember whether he or Mowbray went first

TBF I only noticed it because the morning of the Northampton game I was passing time trying to find out who CA was and stumbled across a video of him on you tube. So during the game when we made our first substitution I clocked the timing straight away to what CA said in the video. After that I paid attention to it. There was other subtle things during his tenure that I clocked at the time to suggest he was interfering in the first team aside from our drop in form coinciding with his arrival. Then there was the timing of him seemingly going awol. About the same time as our form recovering at the end of the season. CA officially went in the September. Why didn’t TM say anything. Well look at the way TM left, he made the decision before the board was willing to and wouldn’t take a penny. If nothing else you can’t argue that he isn’t a man of dignity. I would suggest that he was remaining in that character. Maybe if he writes an autobiography at some point and covers his time here in it we’ll find out for sure but in my mind the dots are already there to be connected if you want to. That’s my opinion anyway.

NortonSkyBlue

Hmmmm
Somebody must have hurt you very badly! you may not be able to forget but you can't forgive him?
it wasn't personal that he left any more it was personal that we sacked Slade, it was business.
As for it being disruptive then I believe it is way down the list of reasons why we are where we are. Are you forgetting that two years ago we were in a prime position to go up to the championship? Would Robin have got credit for that?

Nick

Administrator
Indirectly yes

How?

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread