Match Thread MK Dons vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 19th Oct (2 Viewers)

Tommo1993

We don’t have a fit right sided player for next to Godden,Hiwula cannot seem to be able to finish & with a number 10 I think we will see the best of O’Hare.Have the wide players performed well this season yet ? Most games they have been passengers leaving Godden isolated

Jobello too slow, Kastaneer a fraud.

pusbccfc

cant get my head around why so many people go to this game and dont support the team at st andrews which is closer

It's as easy to get to on the train as St Andrews.

Woolly68

MK Dongs 1 Coventry 3. Clearly, this is the comeback match. 2 from Goddamn Godden. Tisdale will be wearing the latest Ted Baker emperor’s new clothes and flatcap. Looking forward to listening to a completely incoherent and meaningless mumble from him in his post match interview. Are we wearing the new third kit?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He scored 28 goals not 25 and he scored 1 more with Biamou on the pitch than without

i knew you'd argue for some reason. That was for the league.

If you want cup games added in fine.

Without 2,244 minutes, 12 goals (187 mpg, 1 every 2.07games)
With 2,064 minutes, 16 goals (129 mpg, 1 every 1.43 games)

So no he didn't score 1 more with Biamou on the pitch than without. In fact you just have to look at it to realise that isn't possible with an even number of goals scored. Let's say he gets 14 both with and without Biamou. If you then change it so it's one more with Biamou it's then 15 with, 13 without. Has to be a difference of at least two.

As for your other point I'm assuming you're talking about JCH. I didn't look at his because your argument was that McNulty wasn't more productive with Biamou. He was - 25% more in all games and 50% more in the league, both in fewer minutes.

I'd just love to have a psychological assessment of you. How the hell someone can never ever admit they're wrong and even just change the question to try and deflect from the original argument as if that's what they meant.

EDIT: should be 33% more in all games, not 25%. It was late and I took the 16 goals rather than the 12 I should have.

Last edited:

Grendel

i knew you'd argue for some reason. That was for the league.

If you want cup games added in fine.

Without 2,244 minutes, 12 goals (187 mpg, 1 every 2.07games)
With 2,064 minutes, 16 goals (129 mpg, 1 every 1.43 games)

So no he didn't score 1 more with Biamou on the pitch than without. In fact you just have to look at it to realise that isn't possible with an even number of goals scored. Let's say he gets 14 both with and without Biamou. If you then change it so it's one more with Biamou it's then 15 with, 13 without. Has to be a difference of at least two.

As for your other point I'm assuming you're talking about JCH. I didn't look at his because your argument was that McNulty wasn't more productive with Biamou. He was - 25% more in all games and 50% more in the league, both in fewer minutes.

I'd just love to have a psychological assessment of you. How the hell someone can never ever admit they're wrong and even just change the question to try and deflect from the original argument as if that's what they meant.

You haven’t just included league games in the 25

I’m talking about Ponticelli - (I think it’s 13 and 15 by the way but it makes no difference) and I think he scored 7 with Ponticelli on the pitch at a rate of a goal every 95 minutes - he scored 4 goals with both Ponticelli and Biamou in the team so you have to either put that as a joint contribution or eliminate those games from the analysis

I would also guess Ponticelli goals per minute that season was far far higher than Biamou so I assume we should recall him and play him?

Also it’s including penalties and has been discussed in two threads previously

Chaplin Move Completed

You are equating a statistic of goals per minute and drawing a conclusion with no evidence that just as someone else was on the pitch it made some massive difference in chances created

It didn’t - He scored goals with every striker he played with and also was like Godden and hiwula now having many scoring opportunities early in the season but not converting them - it was only a matter of time before he scored goals regardless who he played with which he did.

I assume we should also play a midfield player with a 100% win ratio in i think our relegation season every week?

cooperskyblue

It is ridiculous the criticism being thrown out at these players. Kastaneer has often come on for 20-30 minutes and made an impact, he barely was given the ball on sunday and the one time he did he ran past their full back pulled it back and no one was there, when there should have been. I actually thought we missed Jobello, because he is the one player who likes to stay out wide whereas everyone else likes to come more central. On sunday towards the end it got incredibly crowded in and around their box.

I would play exactly the same team. We created far less chances against oxford away and scored 3 goals. It was one of those days.

Bertola

It is ridiculous the criticism being thrown out at these players. Kastaneer has often come on for 20-30 minutes and made an impact, he barely was given the ball on sunday and the one time he did he ran past their full back pulled it back and no one was there, when there should have been. I actually thought we missed Jobello, because he is the one player who likes to stay out wide whereas everyone else likes to come more central. On sunday towards the end it got incredibly crowded in and around their box.

I would play exactly the same team. We created far less chances against oxford away and scored 3 goals. It was one of those days.

It was obvious against Rotherham that we missed him too, the fact he stays wide means he's often available as an outlet for us to get the ball to, and he can then stretch the play, on time both on Sunday and last week, our midfield had the ball and were looking out to the rightwing, and neither Kataneer on O'Hare were there for us to play the ball to (O'Hare was more disciplined at staying wide than Kasta, but this meant we didn't see the best of him).

I've barely seen Wakefield play, but if fit, then he may be our best like-for-like replacement for Jobello, as he's more of a traditional winger, who likes to stay wide and run at his man

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It was obvious against Rotherham that we missed him too, the fact he stays wide means he's often available as an outlet for us to get the ball to, and he can then stretch the play, on time both on Sunday and last week, our midfield had the ball and were looking out to the rightwing, and neither Kataneer on O'Hare were there for us to play the ball to (O'Hare was more disciplined at staying wide than Kasta, but this meant we didn't see the best of him).

I've barely seen Westbrooke play, but if fit, then he may be our best like-for-like replacement for Jobello, as he's more of a traditional winger, who likes to stay wide and run at his man

Westbrooke is a central midfielder.

Grendel

Ha! Beyond some banter, I actually think that Godden situation is tricky. I really like 4-3-3 as it is resulting in some brilliant possession football that I love to watch. But in that formation it leaves Godden battling on his own all day long against two 6'4 L1 centre backs. I think in general he's playing the role well but can't see him doing that for 90 minutes of every game this season. You could even argue that his energy should best be utilised in finishing chances vs. battling himself into the ground every game. In that case he needs a strong strike partner in certain game situations. But that involves a change of formation - I don't have the answer but I'm sure Robins is working on it.

My point on Ponticelli is that if you adopt this goal (or now it seems just being on the pitch and doing nothing) every minute on the pitch he’s a better bet than Bayamou

Isn’t this whole idea contradictory with what everyone says anyway?

We’ve had a whole conversation built around missed chances. So the current formation is creating a lot of chances. In that case it’s working and you need the conversion rate to be upped.

So the demand to bring in a player who was bit part in league two for all but one game, had very few assists and hardly any goals in the penalty area is bizarre as is the desire to change formation to accommodate him

What’s even more bizarre is we are now suggesting Godden will play a McNulty role. Godden isn’t the same player - he’s more the target man himself anyway

Moving O Hare on the left of the front 3 is equally as odd when you look at it. He’s our best midfield player and probably hasn’t played much in an inside forward way

You’d have to assume Godden like McNulty will convert the chances at some point and hiwula has a far better track record at scoring than the proposed alternatives

Grendel

This is a serious question for Grendel or anyone else who likes stats. Where does an away following of 6,000+ rank us in a league table of away followings for a league game in England this season or last? Given restrictions on away followings at Prem grounds for league games I would think we'd be up there in terms of largest away following this weekend for example across all 4 Divisions?

Sunderland took 7,800 to Blackpool last season

Irish Sky Blue

I've barely seen Westbrooke play, but if fit, then he may be our best like-for-like replacement for Jobello, as he's more of a traditional winger, who likes to stay wide and run at his man
Think you mean Wakefield.

Frank Sidebottom

Hopefully we take the same in April
Doubtful. That was when Blackpool were boycotting and had crowds of 2/3k, They now have around 8/9k home supporters and only a 16k stadium. I would expect we'll have the option on the whole of the temporary stand of around 5k or half of that stand and part of the stand behind the goal.

johnwillomagic

Hmm I think this is a tricky one - in one way think Hiwula could do with a kick up the arse and dropped to subs bench but then I still see him overall as our main goal threat!
I would drop O'Hare back into midfield 3 I think and actually get Baka into the front 3 he does carry a goal threat on occasions. Dabo not suspended I think as only 4 bookings? I would go with the following.

Marosi
Mason
Dabo
Rose
Hyam
Shipley
O'Hare
Walsh
Godden
Hiwula
Baka

Subs: Wilson, MacFadzean, Williams, Kelly, Westbrooke, Kastaneer, Bremang

SkyBlueDom26

Hmm I think this is a tricky one - in one way think Hiwula could do with a kick up the arse and dropped to subs bench but then I still see him overall as our main goal threat!
I would drop O'Hare back into midfield 3 I think and actually get Baka into the front 3 he does carry a goal threat on occasions. Dabo not suspended I think as only 4 bookings? I would go with the following.

Marosi
Mason
Dabo
Rose
Hyam
Shipley
O'Hare
Walsh
Godden
Hiwula
Baka

Subs: Wilson, MacFadzean, Williams, Kelly, Westbrooke, Kastaneer, Bremang
McFaz back in for Hyam and kelly back in??

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You haven’t just included league games in the 25

I’m talking about Ponticelli - (I think it’s 13 and 15 by the way but it makes no difference) and I think he scored 7 with Ponticelli on the pitch at a rate of a goal every 95 minutes - he scored 4 goals with both Ponticelli and Biamou in the team so you have to either put that as a joint contribution or eliminate those games from the analysis

I would also guess Ponticelli goals per minute that season was far far higher than Biamou so I assume we should recall him and play him?

Also it’s including penalties and has been discussed in two threads previously

Chaplin Move Completed

You are equating a statistic of goals per minute and drawing a conclusion with no evidence that just as someone else was on the pitch it made some massive difference in chances created

It didn’t - He scored goals with every striker he played with and also was like Godden and hiwula now having many scoring opportunities early in the season but not converting them - it was only a matter of time before he scored goals regardless who he played with which he did.

I assume we should also play a midfield player with a 100% win ratio in i think our relegation season every week?

I can assure you I have only taken the league minutes into account with the 25 goals (plus the play-offs). Care to show me your stats for a change to show why they're wrong.

Nice try again at deflection and saying, but penalties etc.to try and deflect from the fact that, once again, you're wrong. You have in this post refused to accept a statement without stats and demanded I provide them. I do that and then you refuse to accept them. You also then say "it's Dreamer that lives on statistics - I provided them because YOU fucking asked for them!

The mental gymnastics you must have to go through to turn everything into proof that you're right must be fucking amazing.

Btw, I did a quick check on the penalties. scored 4 with Biamou on the pitch, 3 without. So 25% of his goals both with and without Biamou were penalties.

Last edited:

Grendel

CCFC88

Don't think we should or will change the formation, we dominated and created enough chances, on another day Godden scores 2 or 3 and there is no talk of changing formation.

The fact we had 70% possession and 19 shots shows we dominated the game so no need for a change to the set up of the team, the fact we hit the target once out of 19 attempts suggests we need to practice finishing or a change of personnel (which we don't really have).

Calls for a change of formation are a classic snap reaction to a disappointing defeat.

Grendel

Nice try again at deflection and saying, but penalties etc.to try and deflect from the fact that, once again, you're wrong. You have in this post refused to accept a statement without stats and demanded I provide them. I do that and then you refuse to accept them. You also then say "it's Dreamer that lives on statistics - I provided them because YOU fucking asked for them!

I didn’t ask for goals per minute stats.

They are pointless

aloisiwouldhavescored

Since Jobello was out injured, we have lost both league games, drawn in the cup game (against 2nd division opposition) and not managed to score a goal. Think we really miss him, no outlet there now.

North York’s Blue

Just a bit of info ahead of Saturday’s game; The Chequers pub in Fenny Stratford is now closed; however the away end has what looks like two outside drinking areas added on which look accessible from inside the stadium. These were added prior to the Liverpool game last month and have been left in place.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The stat is simple - he didn’t score 25 league goals

23 regular season, 2 play-offs. these are counted towards the league total in the stats. Just admit you're wrong.

Btw checked the Ponticelli stats. In the league (inc playoffs he scored 5 with him on the pitch with an average of 96 minutes as you say. Overall inc cups its 6 goals at an average of 100minutes, which is better than Biamou.

However, McNulty also averaged a lower goal per minute average without Ponticelli on the pitch as well, which largeyl evened it out.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I didn’t ask for goals per minute stats.

They are pointless

Nice try. If they're so meaningless why did you pop up Ponti's goal per minute with McNulty? Admit you were wrong.

Last edited:

Grendel

23 regular season, 2 play-offs. these are counted towards the league total in the stats. Just admit you're wrong.

They are not league games - they are classed as other games in the stat summaries

Grendel

Grendel

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No. You're trying to divert by changing the goalposts. First you talk about scoring 28 goals. Then you talk about not the right amount of league goals. Try making up your mind.

Then you divert by talking about so-and-so played at the same time so you have to count them or share it. I'd half expect you to say some of the goals were against lower league opposition or teams at the bottom unable to defend just because you're trying to wriggle your way out.

The question was simple: DID MCNULTY SCORE MORE GOALS WITH BIAMOU ON THE PITCH WITH HIM THAN WITHOUT? He did. THAT IS A FACT! Doesn't matter who else played in the team, who we were playing or whether the opposition goalkeeper was a Sagittarius and the wind was blowing in from the north-east while we were shooting towards the away end and the manager was wearing white socks and Big Trev was having a pie and a beer.

I also noticed that you put the words "I think" in front of your assertions. In other words you hadn't checked. I had.

Let's look at what you got wrong.
McNulty didn't score as many with Biamou. WRONG
You then change your mind and say he scored one more on the pitch with Biamou than without WRONG (and also mathematically impossible with 28 goals)
You then change your mind again and say it was 15-13 WRONG. It was 16-12.
You also stated he scored 7 with Ponticelli on the pitch. WRONG. It was 6

I've asked you for the proof. You've provided none. In fact I seem to remember on another thread (possibly the Brexit thread) a month or two ago you said you were going to show me other posts from another poster (can't remember who) to prove you were right about what they'd said. Still waiting....

It's amazing how someone who's so wrong so often can have such utter belief they're right. You're either a WUM or bright orange with an old bird's nest on top of your head.

SkyBlueDom26

No. You're trying to divert by changing the goalposts. First you talk about scoring 28 goals. Then you talk about not the right amount of league goals. Try making up your mind.

Then you divert by talking about so-and-so played at the same time so you have to count them or share it. I'd half expect you to say some of the goals were against lower league opposition or teams at the bottom unable to defend just because you're trying to wriggle your way out.

The question was simple: DID MCNULTY SCORE MORE GOALS WITH BIAMOU ON THE PITCH WITH HIM THAN WITHOUT? He did. THAT IS A FACT! Doesn't matter who else played in the team, who we were playing or whether the opposition goalkeeper was a Sagittarius and the wind was blowing in from the north-east while we were shooting towards the away end and the manager was wearing white socks and Big Trev was having a pie and a beer.

I also noticed that you put the words "I think" in front of your assertions. In other words you hadn't checked. I had.

Let's look at what you got wrong.
McNulty didn't score as many with Biamou. WRONG
You then change your mind and say he scored one more on the pitch with Biamou than without WRONG (and also mathematically impossible with 28 goals)
You then change your mind again and say it was 15-13 WRONG. It was 16-12.
You also stated he scored 7 with Ponticelli on the pitch. WRONG. It was 6

I've asked you for the proof. You've provided none. In fact I seem to remember on another thread (possibly the Brexit thread) a month or two ago you said you were going to show me other posts from another poster (can't remember who) to prove you were right about what they'd said. Still waiting....

It's amazing how someone who's so wrong so often can have such utter belief they're right. You're either a WUM or bright orange with an old bird's nest on top of your head.
giphy.gif

ccfc1234

Yes nothing worse than owners who take a football club out of its community
Can only assume your talking about Wasps? If your being sly and talking about CCFC your dig is wide of the mark. MK Dons moved to Milton Keynes permanently forever. Unless I missed something that's not the case with CCFC.

Users who are viewing this thread