Chaplin Move Completed (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

There's some money spent!

lord_garrincha

I feel sorry for the people who were wondering if we could get out of this deal... Maybe they can start a thread on how we can sell him for a profit before the window closes!

Grendel

Why when there is a thread on Chaplin the common theme is he works his socks off?

Ccfcisparks

Good player and goals will follow. Him and Hiwula must start up front together. Best 2 strikers at the club.

mark82

Why when there is a thread on Chaplin the common theme is he works his socks off?

Is he your new pet hate whilst Biamou is injured?

To be fair, he does try hard. He's been getting in the right positions so I'm sure the goals will come eventually. He looked a decent finisher in warm ups at the beginning of the season and even that has deteriorated, so suspect the issue at the moment is confidence. Hopefully it'll be a bit like McNulty where he will get on a bit of a roll at some point.

Gibbo

So far all I see is poor first touch, too many opportunities missed, poor positional sense, too short, too slow. We have overpaid in terms of the actual product. His acquisition was more suited to the Allessani model as he might be good in a couple of years

Grendel

So far all I see is poor first touch, too many opportunities missed, poor positional sense, too short, too slow. We have overpaid in terms of the actual product. His acquisition was more suited to the Allessani model as he might be good in a couple of years

Careful - he works his socks off

NortonSkyBlue

I am pleased we have signed Chaplin as it was arranged. I am not convinced he is the answer as I believe he shirks when the going is tough.
Now he is ours I wish him only the best and hope he is a success.

SkyBlueCRJ

Welcome to 2019

Warwickhunt

He looks a different player on there, a lot quicker.

been saying all along he is carrying excess weight for his height as he does not seem to have a low centre gravity eg like Aguaro etc

Brighton Sky Blue

Despite the fewer than expected goals; the guy works his socks off, and from a few of the Instagram behind the scenes stuff from a few of the boys, seems like a good character to have on the bus.

In his interview after Wycombe he said even his little brother noticed that he always missed penalties going a particular way. A bit odd that he doesn't think much about why he misses the chances he does.

fernandopartridge

You have no idea how much we have paid

Nonleagueherewecome

Is he your new pet hate whilst Biamou is injured?

To be fair, he does try hard. He's been getting in the right positions so I'm sure the goals will come eventually. He looked a decent finisher in warm ups at the beginning of the season and even that has deteriorated, so suspect the issue at the moment is confidence. Hopefully it'll be a bit like McNulty where he will get on a bit of a roll at some point.

Yeah looking at his Pompey goals, it will come. Has to be confidence, which Robins alluded to in his last post match interview was an issue with him presently. He's got a lot of expectation to live up to, but he's only young, I've got faith that the goals will come. Clearly has ability (FK goal was a corker!) and works very hard for the team. I think as well as growing a good understanding with Hiwula, the latter will take some pressure off him as he's more likely to score than JCH.

skybluesam66

I can guarantee if selected
a) I would work my socks off
b) I would probably score 2 out of 3 penalties
c) I would probably also miss a lot of other chances
d) I am an inch taller than Conor Chaplin

so in terms of Top Trumps I win

fernandopartridge

But do you sport a beard that looks like a 14 year old growing his first one in an attempt to get served at an off license?

skybluegod

In his interview after Wycombe he said even his little brother noticed that he always missed penalties going a particular way. A bit odd that he doesn't think much about why he misses the chances he does.

What a stupid stick to beat him with. He was clearly being light humored. If you genuinely think he doesn't go over the chances he has missed, then I doubt your understanding of football.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Hopefully he will start to get some confidence in front of goal but so far i havent anything from him that convinces me he will be a prolific striker for the way we play.

Running around is all well and good but it has to have an end product, a purpose. The team is full of youngsters who should be able to run around a lot. Chaplin was brought in to score goals, he hasnt yet got close to the excitement suggested when he signed. Perhaps those repeated runs actually dull his pace and usefulness rather than enhance it. Why do you need your goal threat playing more in midfield than closer to a strike partner/goal? The good strikers target the moves they make, are sharp and quick over less distance in a match, they are not running all over the place

I do think that too much reliance is focused on him though and the rest of the team need to step up both in creating chances and scoring them.

Hopefully Chaplin will come good, but we shouldnt rely on it

pastythegreat

Because that's what you should get when you spend £500k on a striker. Not strength, not speed, not goals. Just somebody that is a bit busy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

You wouldn't cost the club £500k

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread