Match Thread Mk Dons preseason (1 Viewer)

cooperskyblue

Baka and Bapaga (tongue twister) on for Allen and O'Hare on 74mins. Still no Max 😞. No appearance v Burton, then surely he's off? I know he loves us, but are we trying to force him out?
I really hope not. I don't understand really what is going on with him. He undoubtedly would wamt to fight and force his way onto the bench this season and have a taste of championship football. Even for 10/15minute spells. Last year it seemed Robins didn't fancy him and yet he scored week in week out for u23s and got himself ahead of Baka. What is not to say he could do that again.

Sky Blue Harry H

I really hope not. I don't understand really what is going on with him. He undoubtedly would wamt to fight and force his way onto the bench this season and have a taste of championship football. Even for 10/15minute spells. Last year it seemed Robins didn't fancy him and yet he scored week in week out for u23s and got himself ahead of Baka. What is not to say he could do that again.
May come down to budget. Would have thought a L1 club would happily take him (based on worldies alone). Max has dug in his heels before to stay and fight for his place, and what supporter can't begrudge him that. Such a likeable, humble bloke (having met him). No big time Charlie, like some. Whatever happens, I wish him well.

usskyblue

Hillsner on. Go on lad

On what?... A diet

Tobyfair he looked decent on YouTube m8

tenor.gif

mr_monkey

No one has said that. All people have been saying, including myself, is that generally we don't score many goals. We haven't strengthened that department at all and we are now playing in a tougher league. It is a real concern and a pre-season friendly against lower league opposition doesn't change that.

If people can write off a loss to Swindon as not the real thing, I will same about this game. We must strengthen our attack otherwise there will be many tears on this forum in the season to come.

I agree we need to strengthen but the overaction on here was near hysteria as because we lost to Swindon we weren't going to score any goals or win any games, not saying that scoring three today proves anything other than the overreactions are pathetic

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I agree we need to strengthen but the overaction on here was near hysteria as because we lost to Swindon we weren't going to score any goals or win any games, not saying that scoring three today proves anything other than the overreactions are pathetic

There's always overreactions, I know. I'm not that bothered about pre-season friendlies really. My points are largely made having seen the team last year and looking at our goals for and against stats.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I agree with you, we do need to add extra options to the attack. Do you not think we will strengthen it then? Because it is the toughest area to strengthen in terms of getting in quality because every team wants the best attackers. I think we will sign 2 strikers. Yes we are in a tougher league yes we didn't blow many teams away scoreline wise last season but we won the league lost 3 all season we know how to win games. It is ridiculous for us to think we will be going into the Championship with less options than we did in L1 and that Robins would be content with that. Godden came in after the first game and has proved to be class and of vital importance.

A striker will be coming in I am absolutely convinced.

I genuinely have no idea. To be honest I try to stay away from twitter and the telegraph as much as I can. I have obviously seen the odd rumour (like Balloteli), but I've not seen anywhere where Robins has highlighted what we are looking for. I obviously trust them to do the business, but I am getting slightly concerned with how long we have until the season starts and how some are complacent thinking we will be ok attacking-wise with what we currently have.

League 1 to Championship is a much bigger jump than League 2 to League 1. I think we have all forgotten what it is like to play against half-reputable clubs. Not being negative for one minute, I can't wait, I just think we cannot afford to get complacent because of promotion. Most teams who don't strengthen upon going up a league at this sort of level tend to see them come straight back down again.

SlowerThanPlatt

He continued: "We're still a way off [full fitness]. I think the lockdown has taken a bigger toll than we thought.

"That has been a difficulty, but a lot of us are in the same boat. We are just making sure that we do not injure them. It is hard to gauge.

"We are still a way off but it was 90 minutes for some and much closer to 90 minutes for others."

He added: "We have just got to deal with it the best we can. We have got plenty of lads who are desperate for minutes and we have two weeks now before the first game, back here at Stadium:MK."

mark82

Wow, that defending. I know it's pre-season, and we're missing Rose, but is anyone else concerned about the amount of defensive mistakes we've been making? The way we've been defending against lesser opposition we'll need to be scoring 5 a game in the Championship.

cc84cov

Wow, that defending. I know it's pre-season, and we're missing Rose, but is anyone else concerned about the amount of defensive mistakes we've been making? The way we've been defending against lesser opposition we'll need to be scoring 5 a game in the Championship.
Looked like Giles at fault for me for the first who was left back for their second ? No attempt to stop that cross

larry_david

Giles both... However first is bowled out to him with the attacker right there and second well, looked like a pre season goal to me, walking pace

AFCCOVENTRY

I am stating to think the same as you. I know it’s pre-season but the games so far have shown issues at the back. I just don’t think the CBs currently available which will be Declan and Kyle are good enough for the Champ.

Robins said there’s more to do in the transfer window but we need better depth at the back than we currently have.

Grendel

I wouldn’t be surprised if we switch To a flat back 4 early in the season

Users who are viewing this thread