Match Thread Mk Dons preseason (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Fuck me i know there's injuries and its pre season etc etc. But bearing in mind we've got 21 days until the season starts, the squad is nowhere near good enough.

Agree with everyone that we must get a CDM CB + ST before then . Not even a hope. We have too

ccfcway

Fuck me i know there's injuries and its pre season etc etc. But bearing in mind we've got 21 days until the season starts, the squad is nowhere near good enough.

Agree with everyone that we must get a CDM CB + ST before then . Not even a hope. We have too

we arent the only ones in this boat. Prem league loans haven’t happened yet and it’s still cat and mouse with out of contract players Who think they can command a pre covid wage

wycombe have a signed one player haven’t they ?.

usskyblue

If we don’t win 5-0 ...the match thread dribblers later

IB2T.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It’s a judgement call. I don’t think Fadz will make the step up and I think Drysdale isn’t there yet. Pask more of a RCB than that central rock type player and as you say right now is needed at RWB.

Basically it comes down to can Drysdale step up and I’m not sure he can. He currently is starting first game of the season.

People say 6 CB like it’s a lot, it’s two per position and includes Williams and Drysdale who haven’t broken through.

I think Fadz might struggle as well but we can't be certain of that at this moment. He could perform well and the back end of last season performed as well as Hyam and Rose with the added benefit of his experience and more physical approach. At the moment Pask would most likely be the RWB with the injuries but let's say in a months time Rose, Dabo and Dacosta are back and we've not picked up any other injuries and signing another CB is going to make us very heavy in that department.

Striker on the other hand even with everyone fit now is an issue. If we picked up any injury then we're struggling and if it's to Godden you'd say our goal threat would be minimal and arguably would be coming from the attacking midfielders more than the strikers.

CB needs monitoring, but is an issue at the moment due to injuries. And if we're making decisions based on those injuries RWB is a far more pressing concern as we've got no-one who plays that as their preferred position. We've currently got Pask (missing today) then Burroughs or Thompson filling in out of position or Rowe who's just left the academy.

D

Deleted member 2477

Anyone who has extreme titanium stream app its being shown on channel 545 or 546

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Rested from what exactly?

We're playing a team today we're playing in a competitive game in a few weeksso don't give too much away, plus we've got another friendly in three days. If they're showing even slight signs of possibly picking up an injury why risk them today? Give the chance to some of the fringe players now in case we do need to call on them in the future to have a look at who is looking most capable to step up, or if they aren't where reinforcements are needed to the squad.

Not going to be concerned until we see who comes in for the Burton game.

shmmeee

I think Fadz might struggle as well but we can't be certain of that at this moment. He could perform well and the back end of last season performed as well as Hyam and Rose with the added benefit of his experience and more physical approach. At the moment Pask would most likely be the RWB with the injuries but let's say in a months time Rose, Dabo and Dacosta are back and we've not picked up any other injuries and signing another CB is going to make us very heavy in that department.

Striker on the other hand even with everyone fit now is an issue. If we picked up any injury then we're struggling and if it's to Godden you'd say our goal threat would be minimal and arguably would be coming from the attacking midfielders more than the strikers.

CB needs monitoring, but is an issue at the moment due to injuries. And if we're making decisions based on those injuries RWB is a far more pressing concern as we've got no-one who plays that as their preferred position. We've currently got Pask (missing today) then Burroughs or Thompson filling in out of position or Rowe who's just left the academy.

Currently we've got:

LWB: Giles/Mason
CB1: Rose/Pask
CB2: McFadz/Drysdale
CB3: Hyam/Williams
RWB: Dabo/Dacosta

DM1: Kelly/Eccles
DM2: Hamer/Allen

I think Williams and Eccles aren't ready. Drysdale looks like he could break through this year. Jay McGrath is another possibility but he's been nowhere near the friendly teams so you'd assume he's not ready. So you're left without proper competition and cover in two positions. You're also pulling Allen back to cover for Hamer.

Magwitch (lol) says in the other thread he's heard Walker, Sheaf and Walsh as the three. For the sake of argument take those three. Sheaf can play CB and DM1 Walsh can play both DM. Walker provides some needed cover and competition for Godden. Send Burroughs, Williams et al off on loan. Thompson I'd let go personally.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I remember the meltdown before we returned to league one, and hadn’t signed a mcnulty replacement... didn’t do too badly that season.

chill out and trust in Robins - we’ll be fine

Sky Blue Harry H

MK lost 6-0 to Norwich yesterday. Hope they (particularly manager at CB don't take a few cheap shots at our players. Remember JJ getting hammered in the Micky mouse cup last season

D

Deleted member 2477

Can you put a link up for the down load as there seems to be multiple. I'm not that tech savvy to work out which one. Thanks in advance.
Its a subscription service. Gives you all sky sports channels, bt sports, all i follow games, sky movies and others for £80 a year

shmmeee

Who is going to score any goals?

Im not sure we’ll have a 15+ goal striker from our budget and I reckon Godden would score 10-15 in this division, you’d be looking at someone like Walker who again might score you 10 or might score you 20 or even might score you 5. It’s going to be a gamble. I also think any striker is going to struggle to score hatfuls because I don’t think our issue is someone up top missing loads of chances, it’s not creating those chances in the first place because we aren’t as solid throughout the team.

hamil99

Facebook User
Its a subscription service. Gives you all sky sports channels, bt sports, all i follow games, sky movies and others for £80 a year
Ah ok, definitely not what i was looking at, luckily i didnt download it! Thanks for the heads up.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Im not sure we’ll have a 15+ goal striker from our budget and I reckon Godden would score 10-15 in this division, you’d be looking at someone like Walker who again might score you 10 or might score you 20 or even might score you 5. It’s going to be a gamble. I also think any striker is going to struggle to score hatfuls because I don’t think our issue is someone up top missing loads of chances, it’s not creating those chances in the first place because we aren’t as solid throughout the team.

I don't disagree with most of what you've said. My concern is just that we don't have anywhere enough goals in the side as it is.

Even if Godden gets 15, I wouldn't back the other two strikers to get that between them. Kelly hasn't scored since 1997 and Hamer admitted he is not a goal scorer. That leaves us with Allen, O'Hare and Hillsner.

It's concerning me.

D

Deleted member 2477

Its genuine if you private message me ill send you details. You need an amazon firestick and a smart tv. Been running for two years now and no vpn required

Users who are viewing this thread