Missing : Bright (2 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

he started 14 and they were nearly 5 years ago.

Kevin Kyle played nearly 100 premier and championship games before signing for us. One season he featured in every game.

When they got promoted to the Premier League they sent him to Kilmarnock

Grendel

Of course. Past his best with the odd flash of brilliance. But not shite.

he was utter shite And was 26 when he signed for us. Luther Blissett managed 14 England caps

Grendel

Grendel

Grendel

So Luther Blissett was also shite?

If you are suggesting England caps is benchmark for talent I’d say the fact the likes of Blissett and Geoff Thomas played for England would indicate otherwise

Hertsccfc

If you are suggesting England caps is benchmark for talent I’d say the fact the likes of Blissett and Geoff Thomas played for England would indicate otherwise
27 goals in 41 matches in the top division in an unfancied team. I think he must have had something

skyblue1991

My nigerian cousin wants to deposit £10m into a UK bank account.

Can I have your details please?
d9fbdedf9ddd39225cefc4d0d508408a.jpg

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Grendel

When Wolves got promoted to the Premier League they sent Bright to Kilmarnock despite playing some games in the Championship - that loan failed and he ended up here

Ah ha ha yea I was talking Sunderland when he was a premier league player

Grendel

Barnes was clearly a very talented player who was poor for us barring a couple of matches

Yes his career after he heft us screamed talent as did the fact he joined us in the first place

Torquay Sky Blue

Think you've been taken down an alley with Blissett. Anyone who scores over 200 in a mainly top flight career isn't shite

Reactions: vow

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think so but far from limited to this thread.

It goes something like this:
-certain posters didn't want Bright to return given his track record (that's understandable)
-Bright was always going to be under scrutiny given that and obviously something has happened behind the scenes so it looks as if he's off to the worst possible start
-I guess it's human nature to want to be proven right so in this case it seems to me that some (a very small minority) on here will be more pleased if Bright is kicked out vs. Bright actually being a success for us

As above I guess we all want to be right one way or the other - myself included - I was excited to see Bright return and my bias is that I want him to be a success on the pitch.

Maybe there is a slight thing about being proven right but i think it's more as compensation. Like when something happens that you predicted would happen even though you didn't want it to. You'd much rather it hadn't and been proved wrong but having the "told you so" moment slightly numbs the pain.

Grendel

Think you've been taken down an alley with Blissett. Anyone who scores over 200 in a mainly top flight career isn't shite

He was never international pedigree

Grendel

NortonSkyBlue

Every alley for Grendel is a blind one at the moment. I do admire his determination to see an argument through to its death. Luther Blissett and Geoff Thomas may have not been the best to represent England but both had fine careers and were chosen by very good managers at club and country.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Let's invent a drinking game. If Bright plays everyone has to neck a pint.

If we let Bright join in he'll be working his bollocks off to get on the pitch.

Grendel

Well of course he was to an extent. You don't play at the level without talent. But he played terribly for us.

he was no good at all
Whataboutery !

Not at the moment, but still doesn't mean he wasn't really important to us last season

Is he flattering to deceive at Bristol?

Grendel

Every alley for Grendel is a blind one at the moment. I do admire his determination to see an argument through to its death. Luther Blissett and Geoff Thomas may have not been the best to represent England but both had fine careers and were chosen by very good managers at club and country.

Every alley is a blind one who says Kelly is first choice on the team sheet. Also of course when believing Bright and his utter shite excuses you were also telling us Dale Evans was genuine you gullible fool

Users who are viewing this thread