Missing : Bright (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Robins has mentioned in dispatches how professional McFadz, Kelly, Godden, Jones and Allen are and how hard they train.

I even remember him saying how hard Bakayoko amd Biamou had worked and how they had both improved their game while being at the club.

It is clear the type of player Robins likes, professional and hardworking. It isn't always the best players or the fans favourites he chooses to compliment. It is the ones he genuinely feels are working hard to be at their best.

I thought signing Bright was a risk and a bit of a gamble. But I will give him until January to see if he can get up to speed and sort homself out.

Littlewood CCFC

End of the day what's the rush. He h21080382snt played consistent football for 18 months.

Maybe he picked up a knock, maybe a family member has died.

TBH the club would mention if injured or absent through illness.

Its because of the silence from the club i suspect it maybe something more serious such as a death in the family.

I truly do not understand this "bad attitude" mantra that keeps being banded about. Robins would not have gone near him after working with him previously if his attitude shite.

He always delivered on the pitch in League 1 without exception and i have no doubt he will do it again when ready.

Someone speaking sense on here, it's been a long time coming

Evo1883

When i left the military, I struggled for years holding down jobs because my head was fucked .
I used to use all the excuses under the sun to stay off work and often got let go.

Long story short it could be a bit deeper with bright , but it's still unfortunate that we chose to take a chance on him if he is not capable to work for his wage .

I still think it's a bit too early to write it off though as he may have legitimate excuses but there's a point we must say ...nah its all shite ain't it

Grendel

When i left the military, I struggled for years holding down jobs because my head was fucked .
I used to use all the excuses under the sun to stay off work and often got let go.

Long story short it could be a bit deeper with bright , but it's still unfortunate that we chose to take a chance on him if he is not capable to work for his wage .

I would hazard a guess that if he did start playing and his agent had a sniff of an offer a mighty sulk would develop if he was not allowed to walk away

Brighton Sky Blue

As someone who actually has been bereaved of a close family member this summer if Bright has made it up and then went on the piss his contract should be torn up without question. If alternatively it really happened he has my full sympathy.

If it’s something else entirely I back the manager to deal with it as he sees fit

fatso

If he has lost an immediate family member then some people on here are going to look pretty callous.

If he is pissing about then sure, throw the book at him,sack him, whatever.

But he's innocent until proven guilty.
In the absence of any explanation from the club, rumours are bound to start, that's how things are, if there is a legitimate reason for his absence, dont you think the club would come out and say as much?
As I've already said, if the matter is personal, just say he has picked up an injury.
At the moment, the silence from the club speaks volumes.

fatso

As someone who actually has been bereaved of a close family member this summer if Bright has made it up and then went on the piss his contract should be torn up without question. If alternatively it really happened he has my full sympathy.

If it’s something else entirely I back the manager to deal with it as he sees fit
Well done, you managed to cover every possible outcome there!
Talk about sitting on the fence! 😉

Brighton Sky Blue

Well done, you managed to cover every possible outcome there!
Talk about sitting on the fence! 😉

Indeed. Because all those cases are possible until we know the truth. That said I was very underwhelmed by his signing in the first place

Mr Panda

I think what worries me slightly is the silence from the club. If he's injured, they'll probably report it, if he's lost a close family member, they'll put it down to personal issues.

The silence usually tells a story

fatso

Either way, I can see this becoming a HR nightmare for the club. (HR as in human resources, not Highfield Road)

Tommo1993

Thought Robins might have touched on it after the game on Saturday when he was asked about injuries and stuff. I can’t remember him doing so but I’ve slept since then.

clint van damme

If this was any other player who had reported absent with a bereavement there wouldn't even be a discussion over whether it was bullshit or not.
The fact there are sceptics is all on him, he's a complete waster.

shmmeee

We should pull the same shit with his wages.

“Cheques in the post mate”

“Gave your pay packet to a bloke who looked just like you, was it not you?”

“Ask your bank if they’ve seen it”

Absolute waster, rip his contract up.

Grendel

Brights career as opposed to his family

giphy.gif

Hobo

Most of what is on here is pure gossip and speculation.

He wasnt bought as an immediate starter - so why the impatience?

Sky Blue Harry H

Luckily the feelgood factor and positive results are not letting Bright's situation (whatever it may be) become too much of an issue. More likely to become a topic during the international break and any downward turn in form/injury crisis. In the meantime Forza Jamie Allen!

fatso

Most of what is on here is pure gossip and speculation.

He wasnt bought as an immediate starter - so why the impatience?
No impatience whatsoever, it's not as if we are missing him is it.

People just wondering where he might be, and what he's up to these days.

Johnnythespider

I'm guessing if the stories of Canary wharf and the bereavement are true he's on gardening leave while the club go through the disciplinary process, it's a shame tbh as he could be a real asset, it wouldn't be the first time a player has pissed it up the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread