Match Thread Millwall FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 25th Nov (3 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Best we can expect is a draw today. We don’t have the team mentality to go to a packed New Den and get a win. Hope I’m wrong but we’re a long way from that.

pusbccfc

From recollection at Millwall there is just the one concourse? So if your ticket is in the lower it should be easy to move to the upper or vice versa?

Iirc, yes. They may be strict on ticket checks though.

Sky Blue Harry H

It's not Squid Game. It's blokes kicking a ball. To be honest the crowd are more likely to affect the ref than the players. Safe travels all. Thermals, gloves and double Jack Daniels all round !

CV22SBA

If you were a steward at Millwall on a cold day with a load of boozed up away fans would you care?

My point is the turnstiles outside all send you into the same area (unlike QPR where upper and lower are separated upon entry)
The lower tier is tiny with only about 900 seats as they block off the end blocks. You should be ok ifYou wanted to go in the upper tier but I doubt you’d get in the lower if you’re not supposed to be.

no_loyalty

Is everybody back from injury apart from Palmer?
Palmer and Taveres have returned to training now but will be too early for first team football yet, I would think. I’m not sure about Liam Kelly though.

Edit: Kelly played for 70 minutes in last development squad game.

Last edited:

Covkid1968#

0-2
Wright and Sheaf

Macca

I like Sakamoto and I want to see him given more game time, but I’d actually keep the same three as last game. And if I was going to change it I certainly wouldn’t drop Simms, he was the best of the three last game and was bizarrely subbed.

My other possible change would have been MVE for Lati. I thought Lati played well and was really solid last game - exactly why he started I presume. However while he’s been anti climatic thus far MVE is a RB/RWB, has pace and (at least history tells us) likes to attack.

It all comes together tomorrow, we get a much deserved win and this place will be quiet as a library.

1-3 City.

yeh winning 3-1 away from home wouldn’t be cause for celebration at all would it? 🙄

EalingSB

Great day for football, chilly but crisp and bright. First few Cov fans are in.

Attachments

• IMG_2401.jpeg
    IMG_2401.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 22

Saddlebrains

Good lineup that

Confident of 3 points with that, didnt think Lats would make it, and Glad he plumped for Tats to start

Brighton Sky Blue

4-3-3 with Van Ewick and Saka in?

Harsh on Simms I feel but he isn't going to play him centrally instead of Godden.
Assume that the subs already pencilled in will be:

Lati for MVE
Simms for Saka
JDS for Bidwell
COH for Wright/Godden
Kelly for any of the 3

Alkhen

Decent, I hope MvE does well at RB was a bit worried he'd slip between the cracks with the formation change. Nice options off the bench too.

Bit harsh on Simms but I kind of get it. He'll get mins for sure

Reactions: AOM

AOM

Thought Latibeaudiere was fairly solid last game at RB, but guess he's been on international duty so fair enough resting him.
Hopefully Van Ewijk can put a performance in

Users who are viewing this thread