Match Thread Millwall FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 25th Nov (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

One for the stattos: when did we last win our first game back from an international break?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

T
Theyre really not
I appreciate you being positive and giving players a chance
However from the games I've seen(Hull, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Norwich, Rotherham and Preston) Wright and Simms have been way below expectations and just haven't been anywhere near good enough. Matt Godden can score but offers very little to overall play ( A bit like Tom English back in 79 to 81 era)
Ellis at least is starting to look to have some desire and a minor threat.
Are the signings better or worse than Walker and Waghorn? It's an indictment on Simms and Wright that's a genuine question without an obvious answer either way.

shmmeee

T

I appreciate you being positive and giving players a chance
However from the games I've seen(Hull, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Norwich, Rotherham and Preston) Wright and Simms have been way below expectations and just haven't been anywhere near good enough. Matt Godden can score but offers very little to overall play ( A bit like Tom English back in 79 to 81 era)
Ellis at least is starting to look to have some desire and a minor threat.
Are the signings better or worse than Walker and Waghorn? It's an indictment on Simms and Wright that's a genuine question without an obvious answer either way.

They’re scoring at a reasonable rate and Wright in particular has been unlucky not to score more.

They’re obviously better in every respect than Walker and Waghorn, that’s a ridiculous question. They’re not Vik is all.

Honestly it’s become a meme at this point.

SBT

Any particular pubs people are heading to tomorrow?

Or just 'London Bridge'?
Shipwright Arms is my pick of them around London Bridge. Barrow Boy & Banker is usually busy and will have the football on. Think we're just heading straight to the breweries in Bermondsey, but those two are where City fans will be.

pusbccfc

Any particular pubs people are heading to tomorrow?

Or just 'London Bridge'?

Old Kings Head and Wheatsheaf.

CV22SBA

Shipwright Arms is my pick of them around London Bridge. Barrow Boy & Banker is usually busy and will have the football on. Think we're just heading straight to the breweries in Bermondsey, but those two are where City fans will be.
Wheatsheaf is usually a favourite with city fans. If you like real ales then the market porter is excellent and very close to the Wheatsheaf.

If you want to watch the city v Liverpool game there is a decent bar at the bottom of the shard which has loads of big screens outside with the stand alone fire heaters.

Reactions: SBT

Hertsccfc

They’re scoring at a reasonable rate and Wright in particular has been unlucky not to score more.

They’re obviously better in every respect than Walker and Waghorn, that’s a ridiculous question. They’re not Vik is all.

Honestly it’s become a meme at this point.
On appearances and goalscoring so far Wright is ahead of both Walker and Waghorn. Simms is better than Waghorn but is he really better than first season Walker. I am not convinced he has been so far and do we expect him to score more?

David O'Day

On appearances and goalscoring so far Wright is ahead of both Walker and Waghorn. Simms is better than Waghorn but is he really better than first season Walker. I am not convinced he has been so far and do we expect him to score more?
yes, much better player

Saddlebrains

4 3 3 again

Similar line up, only question marks on Latibeaudiere being fit enough after all the travelling, so MVE maybe in, and Tats has impressed in training so Could start instead of simms on the right of the 3

Brighton Sky Blue

4 3 3 again

Similar line up, only question marks on Latibeaudiere being fit enough after all the travelling, so MVE maybe in, and Tats has impressed in training so Could start instead of simms on the right of the 3
Has the social dynamic improved over the break?

Great_Expectations

I like Sakamoto and I want to see him given more game time, but I’d actually keep the same three as last game. And if I was going to change it I certainly wouldn’t drop Simms, he was the best of the three last game and was bizarrely subbed.

My other possible change would have been MVE for Lati. I thought Lati played well and was really solid last game - exactly why he started I presume. However while he’s been anti climatic thus far MVE is a RB/RWB, has pace and (at least history tells us) likes to attack.

It all comes together tomorrow, we get a much deserved win and this place will be quiet as a library.

1-3 City.

Chris1987

Signings have been scattergun imo inasmuch that they were signed without any concrete system in mind. They're not bad players but just need playing to their strengths . Round pegs in round holes and all that

SkyblueTexan

3-0 Millwall

Users who are viewing this thread