Match Thread Millwall FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 25th Nov (1 Viewer)

ProfessorbyGrace

Unless we come out of the blocks with renewed vigour and bite, and start putting these chances away, I really can’t see anything but a Millwall win.

I’m hopeful, however. PUSB. ⚽️

BlueSkiesForever

Tricky game, Millwall seem to be playing well atm but just never know with them, one week they look great and next week they look shit. I’ll go for 1-1 but I equally wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a fair few goals in this.

I hope we stick with the back 4, felt like an improvement tbf and considering that was our first game starting as a 4-3-3 I thought we played well. Just really really really want to be seeing Sakamoto start this week though, hopefully Godden is dropped (as someone has to make way in that front line) and then Saka can play RW.

slowpoke

The thing for me is I haven’t a clue really what our team will be which will obviously determine what system we play. I think we can win this one, but we mustn’t lose, defeat puts us too near squeaky bum time for my liking. Ten games left until the transfer window need to be top pushing half by then imo.

Ashdown

To win we will need to take any chances that come our way. Millwall is never an easy place to go to when your chips are down. I fear the worst but you never know . Plymouth won’t be a push over either .
Roll on January when we might get a decent striker in ?!

Hertsccfc

How many do you want and who would you buy to improve things? Even if their club would let them go.Trust me there will not be getting another striker in January unless 1 of ours is leaving
We have three strikers non of whom have had a successful season so far. Together with the attacking midfield position it is the obvious area to strengthen. We're strong in central midfield and have loads of defenders and wing backs so up front has to be where we strengthen. We need an experienced striker to give time for Simms and Wright to develop and adjust to the level required.

Alkhen

We have three strikers non of whom have had a successful season so far. Together with the attacking midfield position it is the obvious area to strengthen. We're strong in central midfield and have loads of defenders and wing backs so up front has to be where we strengthen. We need an experienced striker to give time for Simms and Wright to develop and adjust to the level required.
Nah we need a ball playing midfielder who can pick a pass. The strikers will come good

Alkhen

The strikers are atrocious FFS , you can’t keep hoping to polish turds and blame everyone else.
Nah they will be fine once settled and have some proper service

Simms had 7 in 17 for an average Sunderland team in this very league.
Wright is already doing better than Vik did in his first season in the championship. They are both suffering from us not replacing our creative drive in midfield.

It's like some on here are willing them to fail to prove some weird point

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

Wright is already doing better than Vik did in his first season in the championship. They are both suffering from us not replacing our creative drive in midfield.

Simms was playing alongside Amad Diallo at Sunderland!

Hertsccfc

Yeah and that is with considerably worse service
It makes no sense to say they have had more chances but have had worse service.

All three are right at the top of the table of the number of missed chances. I am not saying they can't come good but it's irrational to say they haven't been the problem so far.

Hertsccfc

The strikers are atrocious FFS , you can’t keep hoping to polish turds and blame everyone else.
Atrocious is way over the top and they might well come good. The problem is that Simms for example has played in every match. He should have had an opportunity to develop as Robins did with Gyokeres at the beginning. All this game time while not achieving anything is not helping him or his confidence. The same is true to a lesser extent with Wright.

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

'They'll be fine once settled'

We're end of November lol

BlueSkiesForever

Nah we need a ball playing midfielder who can pick a pass. The strikers will come good

Completely agree that it’s our midfield that’s a large part of the issue. Whilst our strikers haven’t looked amazing, we haven’t given them proper service, it’s all half chances or tight angles or headers from difficult positions. Simms and Wright both have had a couple of chances they should have buried, granted, but it’s not like we’re giving them 5+ big chances per game, it’s like 1-2 maximum.

What’s interesting is that Godden had also failed to score for weeks now, if he’s not delivering then it’s got to be something to do with chances created as he’s usually clinical and a decent benchmark for the team. Strange that I don’t see many people berating Godden on here as much as Simms and Wright. As Alkhen said sometimes it’s almost like people want Wright and Simms to fail. If we get a quality box-to-box midfielder in January plus another signing or two then I think we’ll be fine. We need to play at a quicker tempo, be slicker in our passing, have a bit more vision and be willing to try riskier passes rather than always play the sideways ball.

Hertsccfc

Completely agree that it’s our midfield that’s a large part of the issue. Whilst our strikers haven’t looked amazing, we haven’t given them proper service, it’s all half chances or tight angles or headers from difficult positions. Simms and Wright both have had a couple of chances they should have buried, granted, but it’s not like we’re giving them 5+ big chances per game, it’s like 1-2 maximum.

What’s interesting is that Godden had also failed to score for weeks now, if he’s not delivering then it’s got to be something to do with chances created as he’s usually clinical and a decent benchmark for the team. Strange that I don’t see many people berating Godden on here as much as Simms and Wright. As Alkhen said sometimes it’s almost like people want Wright and Simms to fail. If we get a quality box-to-box midfielder in January plus another signing or two then I think we’ll be fine. We need to play at a quicker tempo, be slicker in our passing, have a bit more vision and be willing to try riskier passes rather than always play the sideways ball.
Of course no one wants them to fail. Do you want Eccles and Sheaf to fail? I would be delighted if Simms scored a hat trick on Saturday.

Sick Boy

Godden was top of that table posted on here for big chances missed in the Championship.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So we've spent £10m on strikers who should only be expected to score easy chances and tap-ins?

Users who are viewing this thread