Migrants crossing from Europe (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

they are from France

The issue is why they feel the need to migrate anywhere at all.

So the way to find a better solution is for them to not want or need to get to France in the first place to then (for some reason) come here.

Nip the problem in the bud by dealing with it at source. That will be in places like Syria and Afghanistan, not France. Once they've got that far it's already too late.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Another point I forgot to mention that is impacting this is climate change. More and more of the area is becoming desert and the once fertile farmland is now arid and water supplies are running dry, not to mention the problems with the heat. So obviously they'll want to move.

So, again, if we really want to deal with the immigration issue, dealing with climate change has to be taken far more seriously or the problem is only going to get worse as more and more people find themsleves living in places that arecompletely inhospitable.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Another point I forgot to mention that is impacting this is climate change. More and more of the area is becoming desert and the once fertile farmland is now arid and water supplies are running dry, not to mention the problems with the heat. So obviously they'll want to move.

So, again, if we really want to deal with the immigration issue, dealing with climate change has to be taken far more seriously or the problem is only going to get worse as more and more people find themsleves living in places that arecompletely inhospitable.
Step this way Sir/ Madam. Here's how to claim your entitlement along with keys to your property , your Netflix passcode and a money off voucher for your soon to be installed air conditioning unit.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Just an observation really, but interesting that France accuses Belarus of trying to destabilise the EU by allowing migrants to mass on the border......

....yet the "jungle" at Calais was there & growing for over 18 months before it was demolished.....

politics eh...:confused:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As stated , there are many reasons for this.. why are people so keen to just keep loading these islands with people ... it's frankly weird and definitely not an election winner ...so you know 😉

Strange that only a few months ago the government were talking about the low birthrate in this country would lead to economic stagnation and trying to convince more people to have children. Wonder why they're trying to load this island with more people, especially ones that will only be taking from the pot for the next 15+ years?

Sick Boy

Anyway I'm moving onto a 5 day week from tomorrow , so this shit , that we go through annually on here .. is going the same way as every time with the same arguments.. so we all know already how we feel 🤣

Time for bed
A 5 day week sounds like a holiday. ;)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Step this way Sir/ Madam. Here's how to claim your entitlement along with keys to your property , your Netflix passcode and a money off voucher for your soon to be installed air conditioning unit.

What are you talking about? I'm putting forward a reason why we will see more immigration in the coming decades and what we need to do (but aren't) to try and reduce that. None of what I said involved offering people housing, netflix or air-conditioning. It involves keeping the places they currently are habitable and productive so they don't get displaced in the first place. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. If people have a good life where they are they far less likely to want to move.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just an observation really, but interesting that France accuses Belarus of trying to destabilise the EU by allowing migrants to mass on the border......

....yet the "jungle" at Calais was there & growing for over 18 months before it was demolished.....

politics eh...:confused:

This is exactly the point. The issues we make of other governments not trying to stop illegal immigrants moving on is a chain that goes back. The fact we're an island means that we don't have any means to 'pass them on', but I bet if we did we wouldn't do much to discourage them. If Scotland went independent do you reckon we'd be taking much action if migrants camped around Hadrian's Wall?
*I know that's not the Scottish border

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What are you talking about? I'm putting forward a reason why we will see more immigration in the coming decades and what we need to do (but aren't) to try and reduce that. None of what I said involved offering people housing, netflix or air-conditioning. It involves keeping the places they currently are habitable and productive so they don't get displaced in the first place. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. If people have a good life where they are they far less likely to want to move.
I'm not saying you are offering them Netflix etc, but it does seem that many of them will expect it as standard, along with a 55inch TV and the latest smartphone, Nike trainers and designer jackets.
I've noticed that lots of these poor bedraggled souls emerge from their dinghy boats better clothed than I ever used to be.
I must have been very poor in my younger days.

SBT

I'm not saying you are offering them Netflix etc, but it does seem that many of them will expect it as standard, along with a 55inch TV and the latest smartphone, Nike trainers and designer jackets.
I've noticed that lots of these poor bedraggled souls emerge from their dinghy boats better clothed than I ever used to be.

What the fuck are you talking about, you ghoul

Reactions: COV

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I feel like this may be a bar so low, it renders your point completely useless.

That and the rest of the words being hilarious Daily Mail comments section nonsense of course.
Really ? I feel your retort is the most melodramatic I've seen in a long time. Do you read the Daily Mail ? Perhaps you should stop.

COV

Really ? I feel your retort is the most melodramatic I've seen in a long time. Do you read the Daily Mail ? Perhaps you should stop.

If we’re talking melodrama- you’re the one saying there are soon going to be 3,000 per day all demanding Netflix, designer clothes and huge TVs

All of it made up bullshit- why have you got such a chip on your shoulder?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If we’re talking melodrama- you’re the one saying there are soon going to be 3,000 per day all demanding Netflix, designer clothes and huge TVs

All of it made up bullshit- why have you got such a chip on your shoulder?
There will be 3000 . Nailed on. Look at the trend. Bullshit ? Time will tell. Literally !
Of course , it will be 2000 first. Another milestone. Give it about 9 months, let the warm weather return.

Grendel

Grendel

What the fuck are you talking about, you ghoul

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

Were you really a teacher?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Were you really a teacher?
How bad is your memory ? You've asked that time and time again every time I say something that doesn't fit with your opinion.
Were you ever employed in anything ?

Last edited:

wingy

Clothes were dearer Alan 🤔

Liquid Gold

*Opinion piece in the Daily Mail*

let’s give migrants Netflix because there Is so much content they won’t have time to get at our women

Users who are viewing this thread