Migrants crossing from Europe (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It is absolutely now out of control.

Grendel

It’s amazing that France is such a shite country compared to the uk

Sick Boy

I was in Lampedusa in the summer, which is the small island where people attempt to land from Africa. We hired a boat and went around the island a bit and as we were going into the harbour one of the rescue boats was coming in alongside us with about 20 people on it including children and a baby.

It’s easy to become desensitised to it all when you see on the news but seeing it in person is pretty harrowing.

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s unacceptable they are still getting in but I don’t think that the government are that bothered as while we are all looking out to sea at what is coming in the mps are picking our pockets here and doing what they want.

If they wanted to stop it take out the organisers.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why? If it is, what do you think think the answer is?
Why ? Do you actually think there is a case to answer ?
It'll soon be the norm for 1000 a day. The criminals are making a fortune out if this . The more it appears that people are getting across the more will attempt the crossing, the more the criminals line their pockets .
The fact that very little is being done to curb it, particularly on the French side , is tantamount to being party to this trafficking.
We are a soft option. So long as we keep towing these migrants into our ports so the problem will worsen.

Tow them back to France and dump them on their beaches. If it causes an international incident so be it.

1000 a day is a city bigger than Coventry in one year.

skybluetony176

Why ? Do you actually think there is a case to answer ?
It'll soon be the norm for 1000 a day. The criminals are making a fortune out if this . The more it appears that people are getting across the more will attempt the crossing, the more the criminals line their pockets .
The fact that very little is being done to curb it, particularly on the French side , is tantamount to being party to this trafficking.
We are a soft option. So long as we keep towing these migrants into our ports so the problem will worsen.

Tow them back to France and dump them on their beaches. If it causes an international incident so be it.

1000 a day is a city bigger than Coventry in one year.
We don’t even take in a third of what France does. Not sure how that line’s up with your assumptions that France is doing nothing to curb it or that we’re seen as a soft option.

Brighton Sky Blue

If you have scrambled together thousands of pounds to pay a criminal offering to get you a seat on a dinghy I’m not sure why you couldn’t get a fake passport and ferry ticket, or a place in mainland Europe.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We don’t even take in a third of what France does. Not sure how that line’s up with your assumptions that France is doing nothing to curb it or that we’re seen as a soft option.
So if it increases to 3,000 a day then to match France , you'd be okay with that ? That's around a million a year. A city the size of Birmingham. No mention of the traffickers . You're not bothered at all with that ?
Shame on you.
Should we ask Belarus if we can take some refugees from the Polish border ? I'm assuming you'd want to know how many France might be taking first .

skybluetony176

So if it increases to 3,000 a day then to match France , you'd be okay with that ? That's around a million a year. A city the size of Birmingham. No mention of the traffickers . You're not bothered at all with that ?
Shame on you.
Should we ask Belarus if we can take some refugees from the Polish border ? I'm assuming you'd want to know how many France might be taking first .
I see your 3000 and raise it to 5000 a day.

Sick Boy

Shame on you.
Have you got a source where it says Frances takes in 3,000 refugees a day?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Have you got a source where it says Frances takes in 3,000 refugees a day?
I haven't spoken to Frances recently so I don't know.

skybluetony176

So the 3000 figure was made up?
He fantasised about a potential figure of 1000 a day arriving by boat and multiplied it by 3 because I pointed out that we take about a third of of what France takes in in terms of asylum seekers/refugees. He’s basically come up with a fictitious number based on his own imagination.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He fantasised about a potential figure of 1000 a day arriving by boat and multiplied it by 3 because I pointed out that we take about a third of of what France takes in in terms of asylum seekers/refugees. He’s basically come up with a fictitious number based on his own imagination.
1000 by boat a day is fast becoming the norm. As I pointed out earlier, it will be 3000 per day in the not too distant future. There is nothing to say the trend is down or even slowing. If anything its growing faster.

How many have come across in the first 13 days of November compared with the entire year before lockdown ?
Or should I check the figures for France first ?

Brighton Sky Blue

1000 by boat a day is fast becoming the norm. As I pointed out earlier, it will be 3000 per day in the not too distant future. There is nothing to say the trend is down or even slowing. If anything its growing faster.

How many have come across in the first 13 days of November compared with the entire year before lockdown ?
Or should I check the figures for France first ?

All started going wrong when Coventrian disappeared from border control

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So the 3000 figure was made up?
Prior to lockdown I went on record as suggesting that it would be 1000 a week in a year or so and got hammered for it.
So as for 3000, just hang on for another 12 months and then say I was wrong.
In the meantime the traffickers take the money . They must be laughing.

Grendel

Prior to lockdown I went on record as suggesting that it would be 1000 a week in a year or so and got hammered for it.
In the meantime the traffickers take the money because our government won't put a stop to it.

I think it’s grown 300% since last year which was also a record year

Sick Boy

In the meantime the traffickers take the money . They must be laughing.
There’s no way there will be an average of 3000 people arriving per day in a year.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

There’s no way there will be an average of 3000 people arriving per day in a year.
I'd say look at the stats for the last three years.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong, I really do.

COV

Sick Boy

Grendel

Grendel

Why are you searching on Google Ireland? 😉

giphy.gif

COV

If that’s right ADM is correct as the figure is 25,000 now so 13,000 in 8 weeks more than the whole of the previous 9 months

25,000 as of now means less than 100 per day in 2021, and 13,000 in 8 weeks is 232 per day- where is 3,000 per day coming from?

Grendel

25,000 as of now means less than 100 per day in 2021, and 13,000 in 8 weeks is 232 per day- where is 3,000 per day coming from?

ROi?

Grendel

Also there’s 1,300 on one day

Users who are viewing this thread