Migrants crossing from Europe (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I have no idea why we are talking silly bollocks about numbers to make up an artificial argument .

Fact : more are crossing than ever before , and it will continue to rise annually unless something ( which I have no idea what ) is done
Didn't see your subsequent posts but fair play. Perhaps we just need to accept that we live in a comparably rich country and people will always try to get here. The numbers are tiny in the grand scheme of things.

Evo1883

Even with the undocumented included it’s less than 350 per day, this silly talk of 3,000 is made up nonsense and even the claim it’s already 1,000 every day now is false.

OK, move onto the subject in hand , we've established its not 3000 a day

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Or because we’ve gone from 6,000 to 20,000 we’ll soon have 66,000 clamouring to buy tickets for home games
Not the same at all. CCFCs circumstances have changed since last season. New ground, new league. It's a silly comparison.

Let's just see what happens over the next few months .

If nothing changes politically or economically the numbers will continue to increase rapidly. If you could simply offer me a good reason why that won't be the case I'm happy to listen.

fernandopartridge

I did clearly state afterwards that annual figures are what is best to go by .

It's still rising though , and it's also a small part of what is a much larger figure of around 87000 a year who have no immigration status , way of signing on , going to a GP or getting a job

Yes, sorry I hadn't seen your subsequent posts

The second part of the second paragraph are entirely things that the government can change.

clint van damme

I have no idea why we are talking silly bollocks about numbers to make up an artificial argument .

Fact : more are crossing than ever before , and it will continue to rise annually unless something ( which I have no idea what ) is done

So Brexit wasn't the answer then, is that what you're saying?
For me, the numbers would be a lot lower if it wasn't for our (the wests) foreign policy.

Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya- fucking disasterous.

COV

OK, move onto the subject in hand , we've established its not 3000 a day

Ok subject at hand.

BBC article states that yes, sailings across the channel are on the up.

It also states that people coming in by train/ plane/ car/ lorry/ other means are down.

Overall number of asylum seekers per year is not increasing.

In 2019, there were 35,737 asylum applications, which fell to 29,815 in 2020. Figures for the first half of 2021 showed 14,670 applications.

Doesn’t that suggest that overall asylum seekers figures have reduced each of the last two years?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Or because we’ve gone from 6,000 to 20,000 we’ll soon have 66,000 clamouring to buy tickets for home games
Ignoring the 66,000 nonsense, tell me why we've gone from 6,000 to 20,000?

Evo1883

Ok subject at hand.

It also states that people coming in by train/ plane/ car/ lorry/ other means are down.

In 2019, there were 35,737 asylum applications, which fell to 29,815 in 2020. Figures for the first half of 2021 showed 14,670 applications.

This isn't about asylum applications is it ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Ok subject at hand.

Doesn’t that suggest that overall asylum seekers figures have reduced each of the last two years?
Doesn't it suggest COVID-19 had a significant part to play ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I may well be wrong but isn’t it about people crossing into the country?
This is about boat crossings from Europe. That's what the title suggests.

Evo1883

I may well be wrong but isn’t it about people crossing into the country?
It's about illegal migrants crossing the Channel by boat

The total number of migrants arriving by this route during 2018 was 297 by September 2020 an estimated total of 7,500 had entered Britain by this route.. we are now at 23500 in 2021 alone

That's the thread

It's basically tripled in a year

COV

The total number of migrants arriving by this route during 2018 was 297 by September 2020 an estimated total of 7,500 had entered Britain by this route.. we are now at 23500 in 2021 alone

That's the thread

So no other method of migrants arriving counts then? Pretty misleading thread then tbh

Evo1883

So no other method of migrants arriving counts then? Pretty misleading thread then tbh

I don't think there is anything misleading at all about the thread .

Numbers crossing the channel illegally has tripled since last year

It's a problem because for starters criminals are making thousands and putting people's lives at risk , parents are putting children's lives at risk and we are using the valuable time and resources of the RNLI .

Something needs to change

COV

I don't think there is anything misleading at all about the thread .

Numbers crossing the channel illegally has tripled since last year

Numbers entering the country illegally overall have not increased at all from last year, or the year before that

It’s just pouncing on the sensationalist headline about crossing via sea, which will no doubt be followed up by some kind of reptilian rule being brought in by Priti Patel.

Evo1883

Numbers entering the country illegally overall have not increased at all from last year, or the year before that

It’s just pouncing on the sensationalist headline about crossing via sea, which will no doubt be followed up by some kind of reptilian rule being brought in by Priti Patel.

Ffs
giphy.gif

People have died , criminals are making thousands upon thousands , parents risking their children's lives even though they are in a safe country already .. and it's OK because we take in less overall 🤣

Like I said , there must be a solution but it's above my pay grade

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This is about the huge increase in people coming across by boats. Try and stick to the subject.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Were there restrictions on small undocumented boats then?
You'd have to ask the traffickers. You weren't talking about boats specifically. You were trying to move away from the fact that crossing numbers have rocketed in the last few months . You clearly think it's not true . Check the facts.

clint van damme

Ffs
giphy.gif

People have died , criminals are making thousands upon thousands , parents risking their children's lives even though they are in a safe country already .. and it's OK because we take in less overall 🤣

Like I said , there must be a solution but it's above my pay grade

Maybe look at why they're leaving home.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

clint van damme

They're in France clint mate , a developed demicratic peaceful country

What If you can speak English and not French or German (and Germany take far more than us), what if you've got family in the UK?

There are plenty of countries that take far more than us from the conflicts I mentioned in an earlier post.

Reactions: COV

Evo1883

What If you can speak English and not French or German (and Germany take far more than us), what if you've got family in the UK?

There are plenty of countries that take far more than us from the conflicts I mentioned in an earlier post.

France and Germany , much larger countries than the UK for starters , they will ofcourse always take more by default

Evo1883

And the obvious .. they are both part of mainland Europe, much easier to travel through

clint van damme

France and Germany , much larger countries than the UK for starters , they will ofcourse always take more by default

So per capita the problem is now worse here than other countries? Fairly sure Turkey takes the lions share of refugees from Syria.

But we are part of the reason that at least 6 million Syrians have left their country. You're asking what's the answer, how about don't start a conflict that causes millions of people to flee their homes.

But there are at least two threads on here telling us that Brexit and the tories were the answer to this issue, I think we can put that laughable argument to bed now.

skybluetony176

That's the thread

It's basically tripled in a year
Who says they’re illegal? If they have a legitimate claim to asylum they’re acting perfectly within international law.

Evo1883

So per capita the problem is now worse here than other countries? Fairly sure Turkey takes the lions share of refugees from Syria.

But we are part of the reason that at least 6 million Syrians have left their country. You're asking what's the answer, how about don't start a conflict that causes millions of people to flee their homes.

But there are at least two threads on here telling us that Brexit and the tories were the answer to this issue, I think we can put that laughable argument to bed now.

Well if we revert to COVs argument , he stated that we are taking in less every year ?

Either way , the argument about mainland Europe taking in more migrants is quite obvious isn't it .. a huge body of land joined together with open borders ..

It's far easier to travel to and settle in mainland Europe, added ro the fact much of it Is alot closer to the middle east .

Users who are viewing this thread