Middlesbrough Tickets (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

No sure they would tbf, I think they were likely banking on more given the ST base. As some of the non season ticket holders on here have stated, the higher pricing will mean they do fewer games.

The £37 is just too much, especially as there is no family option.

The people who purchased season tickets for the first time this season are likely to be the fans who make up a big proportion of the walk up/match package numbers.

We will probably sell fewer than 500 matchday tickets for some games this season.

Evo1883

No sure they would tbf, I think they were likely banking on more given the ST base. As some of the non season ticket holders on here have stated, the higher pricing will mean they do fewer games.

The £37 is just too much, especially as there is no family option.
I think 37 wouldn't be so bad if the u18 pricing wasn't so steep .. for me we are simply too expensive at u18 and slightly too expensive at band a

Evo1883

The people who purchased season tickets for the first time this season are likely to be the fans who make up a big proportion of the walk up/match package numbers.

We will probably sell fewer than 500 matchday tickets for some games this season.
This is yet to be seen , as already with this first game we've probably over 3000 match day tickets sold ontop of ST holders .. and still walk up to happen

Total guess to say its our walk up crowd

bigfatronssba

Sorry but you don’t really believe that do you?

When have we ever sold fewer than 500 matchday tickets??

theferret

There is still a fair sized pool.of casual supporters to draw from, and it was a real opportunity to really pack the place out this season, but I feel they have got carried away with the pricing, possibly driven by the the sell outs at the end of last season, but they were once in a generation games. They weren't Stoke at home in November.

theferret

I think we sold about 1750 for one midweek game last season excluding away fans, but how many of that number now have season tickets? I agree 500 is a bit of a stretch, but it's fair to say matchday sales will be down on last season notably, just as they were last season on the season before.

Evo1883

I think we sold about 1750 for one midweek game last season excluding away fans, but how many of that number now have season tickets? I agree 500 is a bit of a stretch, but it's fair to say matchday sales will be down on last season notably, just as they were last season on the season before.
I'm not sure , as this first game is proving .. we've sold around 19,000 ish STs .. and probably have sold about 3-4000 matchday tickets ontop

18900 last season first home game

20800 v forest year before first home game

We're blowing previous years out the water

bigfatronssba

Lowest number of match day tickets sold last year was the Millwall game at around 2200.

Lowest ever league crowd at the ground was against Carlisle in league 2. That night we still sold around 2000 match tickets.

bigfatronssba

There will never be less than 20,000 home fans this season.

Unless we have a horrendous season on the pitch we’ll average at least 23k - 24k

Grendel

You think we'll average 27,000 a week!?

The Stoke home game will have around 21,000 at most.

We’ve sold 19,000 season tickets. As I understand it there’s only about 5 - 6,000 non corporate seats available every game

theferret

I'm not sure , as this first game is proving .. we've sold around 19,000 ish STs .. and probably have sold about 3-4000 matchday tickets ontop

18900 last season first home game

20800 v forest year before first home game

We're blowing previous years out the water

Clearly we are in total attendances, it's great to see. But we were talking about matchday sales. These fall as ST sales rise. Last season the season average was up by about 800, but we'd sold 2.5K more season tickets than previous season. This season we've sold 4.5K more again, so expect matchday/walk up to fall futher, but probably by more than they should be owing to pricing.

torchomatic

Anyone received their paper ticket for Saturday yet?

pusbccfc

When have we ever sold 18,000 season tickets?

My point is, if we average 2000 matchday ticket sales, it's likely that a big chunk of that will be part of the 5000 extra season ticket holders.

If we're mid table against Stoke I'm November when it's £37 a ticket, I'd be amazed if we got anything close to the usual 2000 walk ups

Old Warwickshire lad

He isn't knocking season holders. He is simply saying that ST holders paying £17 per game (less in family zone) shouldn't be egging the club on to milk non ST holders simply because they are exiled or work weekends and can't make every game.

Anyway, all that will happen is that these people watch fewer games, so it's a false economy.

Fine if you sell out every week, but I'm willing to bet there will be 5000 unsold seats every week on average.
But ferret pal, I don’t want to argue.
But what season ticket holder’s are calling for that, cos I will be first to help you call them out.
You have to give some incentive to get people to buy season tickets. It used to be priority away and cup games, but they have now gone.
Think me and you have been here before £7 or £8 rings a bell.

pusbccfc

We’ve sold 19,000 season tickets. As I understand it there’s only about 5 - 6,000 non corporate seats available every game

Even with 19k season ticket holders, I'm confident the Stoke game will be a crowd of 21k. Possibly 2k away fans and very little general admission.

theferret

But ferret pal, I don’t want to argue.
But what season ticket holder’s are calling for that, cos I will be first to help you call them out.
You have to give some incentive to get people to buy season tickets. It used to be priority away and cup games, but they have now gone.
Think me and you have been here before £7 or £8 rings a bell.

Plenty of ST holders saying £37 is fine, and when people object, the standard retort is 'buy a ST then'. Not everyone can of course.

Of course there should be an incentive for buying a ST, but the pro-rata price difference is too much I feel.

Personally I would have been happier if they had scrapped categories and gone with a flat £30 for all games. The real problem is cat A pricing for families. The price for a family of 4 is eye watering.

bigfatronssba

When have we ever sold 18,000 season tickets?

My point is, if we average 2000 matchday ticket sales, it's likely that a big chunk of that will be part of the 5000 extra season ticket holders.

If we're mid table against Stoke I'm November when it's £37 a ticket, I'd be amazed if we got anything close to the usual 2000 walk ups

But you’re not factoring in the corporate. Nor are you factoring in the community tickets they give out to various local sports teams.

We’ve seen over the past few seasons that price impact is minimal. All the big crowds have been cat A games and all the small crowds have been cat c.

bigfatronssba

It’s not even that much.

Standard home capacity (with the ridiculous amount of segregation) is 25.5k.
Corporate makes up 3k of that.

pusbccfc

But you’re not factoring in the corporate. Nor are you factoring in the community tickets they give out to various local sports teams.

We’ve seen over the past few seasons that price impact is minimal. All the big crowds have been cat A games and all the small crowds have been cat c.

Based on all of that, you've got no chance selling £37 tickets!

Ultimately, it means nothing if we are doing well because we find fans from nowhere.

theferret

Not true. Cat A average gate fell last season and was only dragged up by the Blues game otherwise would have been a big fall on previous season. Prices last year went from £30 to £34. Another hike to £37 and it will have an impact for sure.

The two biggest gates last season before the final game against Blues were both Cat B (QPR and Reading). You even have our big festive New Year game at home to Bristol which was Cat A only 19K, whereas Cat C night game v Cardiff a few days earlier was 21K.

fatso

I'm just hoping that a good start and an exciting squad helps us attract new fans, so the walk up will be as big if not bigger than before, and replace previous day trippers who have now become ST holders.

Big attendances create a big atmosphere (generally) that should attract more people to want to become a part of the journey the club are on, we need to get a snowball effect going. Hopefully DK will have some incentives to get families and kids to attend, like Jimmy Hill did all those years ago.

Ashdown

Because of the cost I now have to pick and choose away days as I have 4 grandkids to take.
Err what ? I’ve never had a go at ST holders, I did that commitment for 20 years but I can’t justify a ST now living away. Somehow you think me and my kind should be now punished for that with outrageous prices ?
Oh and stop whining about HAVING to take Grandkids ……I suggest ,firstly this is what you enjoy and fair enough, but if not you better start tapping up their parents for a contribution.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Brighton Sky Blue

You think we'll average 27,000 a week!?

The Stoke home game will have around 21,000 at most.
Unlikely. 19-20k season ticket holders, at least 2k away fans, plus walk up. I’d expect the standard attendance to be around 25k unless we struggle.

Irish Sky Blue

I think it will price many people out of going. The Championship may be a great league and we play lovely, exciting football, but at that cost you would need to have a well paid job to attend more than on the odd special occasion, particularly with a family.

mmttww

I think it will price many people out of going. The Championship may be a great league and we play lovely, exciting football, but at that cost you would need to have a well paid job to attend more than on the odd special occasion, particularly with a family.
Like others have said, it's the U18 and JSB prices for single tickets that kill it. It's such a huge jump for anyone where a season ticket isn't an option.

I take my kids to about five games a year, with a few more on top just me. Last season, five games for all of us was about £150. This season, £350.

Didn't expect to pay essentially nothing to take a 13 and 10 year old to watch us like last season, so I've not complained, but that jump will have an impact.

mmttww

People might land on the ticket site and assume 'Boro is sold out. Doesn't show as an upcoming match, only Swansea. Pretty poor from whoever runs that site.

View attachment 31280
I reported this issue via the Zendesk link, btw. Obviously didn't read it and just told me where to buy tickets. Genuinely worry some people will land on the site and assume 'Boro tickets aren't available at that time, or have sold out. Not good.

chiefdave

Not that we ever have problems on the first game of the season but when are they planning to send the e-tickets out? They're not going to leave it until Friday and then find an unexpected problem are they?

Thinking of getting there ridiculously early as we can't cope with a big crowd at the best of times, add in thousands of new season ticket holders and no season ticket cards and it could easily be a complete mess.

Old Warwickshire lad

Err what ? I’ve never had a go at ST holders, I did that commitment for 20 years but I can’t justify a ST now living away. Somehow you think me and my kind should be now punished for that with outrageous prices ?
Oh and stop whining about HAVING to take Grandkids ……I suggest ,firstly this is what you enjoy and fair enough, but if not you better start tapping up their parents for a contribution.
I am trying to bloody agree with you that £37 is too much.
Seems to be more that season ticket holders don’t pay enough.
And I have always took the grandkids because I wanted to. And the kids are contributing this year as only 2 of us are staying in block 20.
The rest along with parents have moved to family zone as prices dictated.

I was eleven in 87

Not that we ever have problems on the first game of the season but when are they planning to send the e-tickets out? They're not going to leave it until Friday and then find an unexpected problem are they?

Thinking of getting there ridiculously early as we can't cope with a big crowd at the best of times, add in thousands of new season ticket holders and no season ticket cards and it could easily be a complete mess.
Tomorrow they are being emailed.

Ashdown

I am trying to bloody agree with you that £37 is too much.
Seems to be more that season ticket holders don’t pay enough.
And I have always took the grandkids because I wanted to. And the kids are contributing this year as only 2 of us are staying in block 20.
The rest along with parents have moved to family zone as prices dictated.
Good lad 👍

Users who are viewing this thread