Middlesbrough Tickets (5 Viewers)

hamertime

It’s the system and whether it’s set up for that (almost certainly not) it’s not as simple and Janet in the Ticket Office knocking one up in MS Word.
The alternative is sell no more season tickets, or get Janet to do some work.

pusbccfc

Will be a big message to the club when the crowd for a 3pm kick off against Sunderland will be 5/6k lower than this.

Lot of Sunderland fans want to boycott.

£30 is expensive but affordable for many to turn up and pay.

£37 is a disgraceful ticket price.

Legia Sky Blue

Will be a big message to the club when the crowd for a 3pm kick off against Sunderland will be 5/6k lower than this.

Lot of Sunderland fans want to boycott.

£30 is expensive but affordable for many to turn up and pay.

£37 is a disgraceful ticket price.

Rubbish - same was said last year and we got our biggest crowds for category A games.

I also remember claims that West Brom were going to boycott last season, but such is the fickleness of fans that they won a few games and then sold their allocation. The same will apply to Sunderland.

However, even if some kind of boycott does take place I can't see them not bringing at least 2,000 which looks the most Middlesbrough are likely to bring, and which would mean we would have to have 5/6k fewer fans ourselves turn out for the Sunderland game than the Middlesbrough one to make your prediction correct. I just don't see it!

pusbccfc

Rubbish - same was said last year and we got our biggest crowds for category A games.

I also remember claims that West Brom were going to boycott last season, but such is the fickleness of fans that they won a few games and then sold their allocation. The same will apply to Sunderland.

However, even if some kind of boycott does take place I can't see them not bringing at least 2,000 which looks the most Middlesbrough are likely to bring, and which would mean we would have to have 5/6k fewer fans ourselves turn out for the Sunderland game than the Middlesbrough one to make your prediction correct. I just don't see it!

I will be amazed if the crowd for Sunderland, particularly from the home end, is similar to the Boro match. Are people really going to pay £37 for a ticket?

£37 is a disgrace and I'm shocked how few are criticising it. We'll be hit with the same prices at Wednesday and Leeds.

Sunderland fans will probably sell out but it would be a clear message if they boycotted for once.

Sky Blue Pete

I will be amazed if the crowd for Sunderland, particularly from the home end, is similar to the Boro match. Are people really going to pay £37 for a ticket?

£37 is a disgrace and I'm shocked how few are criticising it. We'll be hit with the same prices at Wednesday and Leeds.

Sunderland fans will probably sell out but it would be a clear message if they boycotted for once.
They won’t

bigfatronssba

If they paid £33 for it last season, why would they not pay £37 this season? Is £4 really that much of a difference?

I think if you’re living on such a tight budget that £4 is a lot then you shouldn’t be wasting money on football tickets at all

Kingokings204

If they paid £33 for it last season, why would they not pay £37 this season? Is £4 really that much of a difference?

I think if you’re living on such a tight budget that £4 is a lot then you shouldn’t be wasting money on football tickets at all

exactly. It’s literally one less beer before the match. There will be no boycott.

I do think 37 is on the high side though. Unfortunately most would pay 40 such as we love our teams.

Hertsccfc

Depends how we do against Middlesbrough and Swansea. Agree with you that £37 is too much.

Legia Sky Blue

£37 only seems like a disgrace because we have not had particularly high prices to pay in recent years relative to a lot of our rivals. Do you want us to get in the PL? If you do, be careful what you wish for because prices would likely be even higher!

£37 is not unreasonable if you compare to how much you would spend to go to a Test Match, a concert, a day at the races, a ride on the London Eye, a night on the beer etc etc. Prices have gone up for every leisure activity unfortunately, and the cost of watching CCFC is no different.

pusbccfc

£33 was already a very high ticket price, one of the highest at this level.

You're then adding £4 to a ticket which for a family of four is another £16. So, you need to reword the final bit. If £37 is a lot then you shouldn't be wasting money on football tickets.

Like I said originally, £37 for a football match is a huge amount. It's not the theatre which you visit a couple of times a year. It's a weekly event for people and at some point will lead to a drop in attendances.

We're heading to a stage where following a team away by coach without any food or drink is hitting £70/£80. That's an extremely high increase from 2/3 years ago. Way beyond inflation rates.

pusbccfc

£37 only seems like a disgrace because we have not had particularly high prices to pay in recent years relative to a lot of our rivals. Do you want us to get in the PL? If you do, be careful what you wish for because prices would likely be even higher!

£37 is not unreasonable if you compare to how much you would spend to go to a Test Match, a concert, a day at the races, a ride on the London Eye, a night on the beer etc etc. Prices have gone up for every leisure activity unfortunately, and the cost of watching CCFC is no different.

Away tickets are £30 in the PL and there are not as many matches per season.

The events/days out you have mentioned are, at best, monthly events. Not weekly. That's where you lose people who aren't quite as die hard.

theferret

Totally agree. People have somehow convinced themselves this price is ok (comparisons with concerts are just facile). It's a disgrace. Guarantee people will moan when Leeds charge us the same as that is their policy. They only charged Cardiff £21 as the reciprocal price.

There will be boycotts this season, Stoke won't bring many at all. Sunderland probably will but will moan about it. I hope they do boycott, it's the only way things change.

High time the EFL stepped in. I think we're getting close to that point surely?

bigfatronssba

£33 was already a very high ticket price, one of the highest at this level.

You're then adding £4 to a ticket which for a family of four is another £16. So, you need to reword the final bit. If £37 is a lot then you shouldn't be wasting money on football tickets.

Like I said originally, £37 for a football match is a huge amount. It's not the theatre which you visit a couple of times a year. It's a weekly event for people and at some point will lead to a drop in attendances.

We're heading to a stage where following a team away by coach without any food or drink is hitting £70/£80. That's an extremely high increase from 2/3 years ago. Way beyond inflation rates.

I agree that £37 for a football ticket is taking the piss somewhat.

However it’s the industry that should be getting your criticism, not us specifically as a club.

£37 is not particularly expensive compared to the rest of the division

theferret

I agree that £37 for a football ticket is taking the piss somewhat.

However it’s the industry that should be getting your criticism, not us specifically as a club.

£37 is not particularly expensive compared to the rest of the division

Yes it is. The only clubs where the cheapest available adult seats are more than £37 for any game, regardless of category, are Leeds and Sheffield Weds. We are very expensive compared to the rest of the division.

hamertime

When you’ve sold nearly 20k season tickets including corporate though are they that bothered if people moan about £37. At the end of the day the money is going to the club we love to better it so people should try to look at it that way.

Evo1883

When you’ve sold nearly 20k season tickets including corporate though are they that bothered if people moan about £37. At the end of the day the money is going to the club we love to better it so people should try to look at it that way.

Just make them 50 quid then , if its for love

Evo1883

and btw , people think the prices are OK but they will not get cheaper will they , this is probably the cheapest they will be over the next few seasons

rob9872

But it's those fans who have already committed to that ticket that will now be treated the same away. It might only be another few quid but on top of everything else it's a few quid x family x multiple games and makes a huge difference.

hamertime

But it's those fans who have already committed to that ticket that will now be treated the same away. It might only be another few quid but on top of everything else it's a few quid x family x multiple games and makes a huge difference.
If we want premier league football it has to be paid for, Doug has to squeeze every penny he can out of us. Thats the cold hard truth.

pusbccfc

Yes it is. The only clubs where the cheapest available adult seats are more than £37 for any game, regardless of category, are Leeds and Sheffield Weds. We are very expensive compared to the rest of the division.

This.

Because of some high, headline figures from Leeds, Wednesday and Leicester, people have got it in their head that it's £40 everywhere.

It's not.

pusbccfc

Won't be easy to say this when we are paying £35+ everywhere away from home.

If Stoke charged us £37, there's no way we'd sell out.

Users who are viewing this thread