Middlesbrough Tickets (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

If they paid £33 for it last season, why would they not pay £37 this season? Is £4 really that much of a difference?

I think if you’re living on such a tight budget that £4 is a lot then you shouldn’t be wasting money on football tickets at all
It’s not just the £4 though is it, it’s when does this inflationary nonsense stop and about what really represents value for money. Many people will stick yet more unaffordable ticket prices on top of accrued debt on credit cards.
Everyone is very excited about it all, start of the season, lots of new signings, marketing pumping it out…..paying that much however to then find the product is not as expected will leave a terrible taste in people’s mouths if it all went wrong pitchside. Pressures on !!

SlowerThanPlatt

If we want premier league football it has to be paid for, Doug has to squeeze every penny he can out of us. Thats the cold hard truth.
I’m afraid chasing the Premier League dream almost always ends up in tears unless you have a rich owner who wants nothing in return - which isn’t Doug’s idea of owning a football club

Chris1987

I will be amazed if the crowd for Sunderland, particularly from the home end, is similar to the Boro match. Are people really going to pay £37 for a ticket?

£37 is a disgrace and I'm shocked how few are criticising it. We'll be hit with the same prices at Wednesday and Leeds.

Sunderland fans will probably sell out but it would be a clear message if they boycotted for once.
Already paid it. I was expecting something like this for Cat A games. Look at Sheff Wed pricing for comparison

rob9872

Stop knocking season ticket holders. Put £10 a week away and buy one next season.
I do. We have 3 to pay for. If you don't travel away you won't get it, but these increases are a huge commitment. If all teams capped away costs it would still be a level playing field.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm going to the Sunderland game because I'm not working but did think twice about it. Had it been category B or C price I'd be looking at going to another game relatively quickly. Now I probably won't be going until Xmas/New Year. If a match package was available I'd have bought one.

So overall the club have probably ended up losing a bit of income as I'll be attending the one game rather than two.

Old Warwickshire lad

I do. We have 3 to pay for. If you don't travel away you won't get it, but these increases are a huge commitment. If all teams capped away costs it would still be a level playing field.
Because of the cost I now have to pick and choose away days as I have 4 grandkids to take.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

When do we get these replacement tickets?
BREAKING NEWS:

Due to delays, replacement tickets for ST holders will not now be ready on time and ST holders are being asked to collect their tickets from the ticket office at the stadium on matchday.

*Tickets may not be ready for collection on gameday and ST holders may be asked to use POTG turnstiles.

Just for clarity, I am making this shit up. Don't want some of the people reading the forum getting worked up like they did over having to supposedly print out colour tickets.

Kingokings204

BREAKING NEWS:

Due to delays, replacement tickets for ST holders will not now be ready on time and ST holders are being asked to collect their tickets from the ticket office at the stadium on matchday.

*Tickets may not be ready for collection on gameday and ST holders may be asked to use POTG turnstiles.

Just for clarity, I am making this shit up. Don't want some of the people reading the forum getting worked up like they did over having to supposedly print out colour tickets.
Robbins out

hamertime

I’m afraid chasing the Premier League dream almost always ends up in tears unless you have a rich owner who wants nothing in return - which isn’t Doug’s idea of owning a football club
That pretty depressing you think like that. Would you prefer plodding on with rows of empty seats in the ground playing mk dons. Brentford took years to get there after loosing 9 play off campaigns they didn’t give in. Gutless.

pusbccfc

Grendel

That pretty depressing you think like that. Would you prefer plodding on with rows of empty seats in the ground playing mk dons. Brentford took years to get there after loosing 9 play off campaigns they didn’t give in. Gutless.

Yes Brentford - who had a £44 million wage bill and an owner who gave them £100m in interest free loans

hamertime

Yes Brentford - who had a £44 million wage bill and an owner who gave them £100m in interest free loans
Ooh my creepy stalker is back. The picture you’re trying to paint of them Isn’t like that. The owner took over in 2007 it took them until 2021 to get there.

Grendel

Ooh my creepy stalker is back. The picture you’re trying to paint of them Isn’t like that. The owner took over in 2007 it took them until 2021 to get there.

yeah it’s exactly like that - it’s Moneyball and you need lots of money to start with

rob9872

Because of the cost I now have to pick and choose away days as I have 4 grandkids to take.
Exactly. Yet you were advocating to someone else about putting a tenner away for a ST. It's not always that B&W as you too have discovered then. If money was no option, its different.

Grendel

Id get your noggin checked out if you think they bought their way to PL.

No a £100m cash injection and a massive wage bill and a succession of years of operating losses are normal business practice really

theferret

Stop knocking season ticket holders. Put £10 a week away and buy one next season.

He isn't knocking season holders. He is simply saying that ST holders paying £17 per game (less in family zone) shouldn't be egging the club on to milk non ST holders simply because they are exiled or work weekends and can't make every game.

Anyway, all that will happen is that these people watch fewer games, so it's a false economy.

Fine if you sell out every week, but I'm willing to bet there will be 5000 unsold seats every week on average.

Evo1883

He isn't knocking season holders. He is simply saying that ST holders paying £17 per game (less in family zone) shouldn't be egging the club on to milk non ST holders simply because they are exiled or work weekends and can't make every game.

Anyway, all that will happen is that these people watch fewer games, so it's a false economy.

Fine if you sell out every week, but I'm willing to bet there will be 5000 unsold seats every week on average.
In the home end ?

Evo1883

There is no chance of 5,000 empty home seats
Yes thats what I thought, away fans numbers won't fluctuate too much based on banding , home attendances I'm still convinced will be unaffected by 37 quid tickets ..but time will tell .. we are about to sell about 23000 home tickets at 30 quid a pop on sky , probably the biggest opening day crowd for many years

PS : I Think 37 is too much , but I think the crowds will be there

Evo1883

No in general. I'm estimating around 25K average from 30K available. Looking like it might be less than 25K on Saturday.
The club would be over the moon with a 3/4k rise in the attendance average with more expensive pricing across the board

We could have the highest average this year for 40 years

theferret

The club would be over the moon with a 3/4k rise in the attendance average with more expensive pricing across the board

We could have the highest average this year for 40 years

No sure they would tbf, I think they were likely banking on more given the ST base. As some of the non season ticket holders on here have stated, the higher pricing will mean they do fewer games.

The £37 is just too much, especially as there is no family option.

Users who are viewing this thread