Match Thread Middlesbrough ("H") - Tues 2nd March - 19:00 KO - St. Andrews (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

Sticking a defender upfront will show straight away how much more running and mobility is needed to play there than at the back. It would be a shit show.

Remember when Coleman played Grandison up front? Absolute shit show

shmmeee

Right here me out. Baka and Max wide in a front three.

Maroši
Dabo Østigård McFadzean McCallum
Hamer James
Biamou O’Hare Baka
Walker

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I was going to mention Dublin. But he’s the exception that proves the rule for me.

Difference is Dublin was a forward going back, rather than a defnder going forward. So he had that movement etc already and didn't need to use it as much. Osti going forward wouldn't have that natural movement.

hill83

Difference is Dublin was a forward going back, rather than a defnder going forward. So he had that movement etc already and didn't need to use it as much. Osti going forward wouldn't have that natural movement.

I had a go at right back for a few games in Sunday league instead of being left wing and it was an absolute walk in the park. We lost both games.

Grendel

Do they have a League One squad?
Do they have the same budget as us?

do they have the 7th biggest budget in the league sorry it’s a pathetic argument

Hobo

Well not really, 4 players on that bench were signed or re signed for this campaign. 3 of which aren't deemed good enough to get a run out when the first 11 are dead on their feet. This isn't down to Robins, it's the scouting department, sign less players of higher quality.

But about 13 of our 26 were signed for League 1 or league 2. The re signed ones surely shows the limitations of our budget.

It is ok Grendel quoting Barnsley as a model but they only just stayed up last season.

TomRad85

Right here me out. Baka and Max wide in a front three.

Maroši
Dabo Østigård McFadzean McCallum
Hamer James
Biamou O’Hare Baka
Walker
The seats behind the goals would be in serious danger.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Marty

So just have a squad of 15?
And then 6 or 7 get injured... Just forfeit every game? 🤦🏼‍♂️

That's not what I said. Build a strongest 18 man squad we can afford, then we can have a Biamou or Hyam to fall on if we're desperate. Why did we sign an fat asthmatic kraut from a pub league? did the club even watch him or was he signed from a spreadsheet of stats? We aren't spending what little money we have wisely.

shmmeee

That's not what I said. Build a strongest 18 man squad we can afford, then we can have a Biamou or Hyam to fall on if we're desperate. Why did we sign an fat asthmatic kraut from a pub league? did the club even watch him or was he signed from a spreadsheet of stats? We aren't spending what little money we have wisely.

You don’t think O’Hare, Hamer, Walker were money well spent?

Complaining about second tier signings not coming off is a little OTT. No manager has a perfect record. We lost Jones early and Shipley, Jobello and Allen haven’t stepped up. We started the season with 8 AMs and only O’Hare has performed.

Marty

But about 13 of our 26 were signed for League 1 or league 2. The re signed ones surely shows the limitations of our budget.

It is ok Grendel quoting Barnsley as a model but they only just stayed up last season.

Shows lack of ambition, Why re sign Baka? because hes cheap? he adds nothing to the team and didn't in League one either. It's decisions like that, that have hampered our progress this season.

Frostie

do they have the 7th biggest budget in the league sorry it’s a pathetic argument

No they've yo yo'd between divisions, increasing their budget as a result & with a business model to find undervalued players they have slowly overhauled the squad with players capable of playing at the higher level.
They only stayed up on a technicality last season & now their patience with the business model is paying off. We could have a very similar story given the chance.

Evo1883

Shows lack of ambition, Why re sign Baka? because hes cheap? he adds nothing to the team and didn't in League one either. It's decisions like that, that have hampered our progress this season.

We are a good 15/20 million budget wise and several seasons of experience off even mid table sides in this league.

Our ambition stretches not much beyond where we currently sit

Marty

You don’t think O’Hare, Hamer, Walker were money well spent?

Complaining about second tier signings not coming off is a little OTT. No manager has a perfect record. We lost Jones early and Shipley, Jobello and Allen haven’t stepped up. We started the season with 8 AMs and only O’Hare has performed.

Again, not what I said, These signings aren't down to Robins.

Sky Blue Pete

No they've yo yo'd between divisions, increasing their budget as a result & with a business model to find undervalued players they have slowly overhauled the squad with players capable of playing at the higher level.
They only stayed up on a technicality last season & now their patience with the business model is paying off. We could have a very similar story given the chance.
They are punching above their weight for sure and as a team and club they are above where they’d expect to finish. Also if we looked to sign Chaplin this summer most of our fans would say he’s no better than baka

Frostie

You're not getting it are you?
In an ideal world we would replace the likes of Baka, we know for a fact we were happy to let Biamou leave etc but can't simply do it in one window, we don't have the budget to do it.

Marty

You're not getting it are you?
In an ideal world we would replace the likes of Baka, we know for a fact we were happy to let Biamou leave etc but can't simply do it in one window, we don't have the budget to do it.

We didn't need to replace Baka, his contract had ended, so why was Baka signed for another year? It's a complete waste of money that could have been saved. I keep seeing that we have no money in the pot, we're throwing money when we can't afford too.

Frostie

We didn't need to replace Baka, his contract had ended, so why was Baka signed for another year? It's a complete waste of money that could have been saved. I keep seeing that we have no money in the pot, we're throwing money when we can't afford too.

So who do you sign on a free for the same wage as Baka that is capable at this level?

Users who are viewing this thread