Match Thread Middlesbrough ("H") - Tues 2nd March - 19:00 KO - St. Andrews (2 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

Reading through this thread is enlightening. At some point every player is shit, at some point Boro are shit, through all of it Robins is shit.

Boro had something we didn't and played their hand at the right time it turns out. Their subs are light years away from our best players and were the game changers and we were never go to be in that position to bring on such players. The sub who scored cost 7 million plus and I have never heard of him. Bolassie, just wow, how can we compete with a team that has a 25 million player to bring on? Thats the reality.

Robins nearly got it right. The result says he didn't but last nights result was never going to season defining and nor will the Derby game. Its at times like this that frustration and anger need to tempered by the realisation we are at least in a position to do something about it and a win or even a point on Saturday will be welcomed by me at least. Each team is going to fighting for their lives and now is the time when the tough get going.

Wednesday played their card by appointing Moore, Rotherham have got the games in hand but surely not? Blues have hit some form, Huddersfield are sinking but should have enough to save themselves, Derby have hit a sticky patch and we are just hanging in there.

Magwitch1

Three games ago, Brentford, this site was buzzing won the game well and let’s be honest easily, did okay v Swansea shouldn’t have lost and a point at Blackburn, we lose yesterday and the whole squad plus the manager are shite and we are all doomed. Middlesbrough was always a tough task team full of know how as is their manager they will be a dangerous opposition for any around us too. We have 12 matches left taking out Bournemouth away these are a run of games we should be looking at getting points from, we still haven’t been in the bottom three which considering our previous seven games is a bit of an achievement need to re-group for Saturday and take the game to Derby as we did v Brentford. I still think we’ll be okay

D

Deleted member 2477

Reading through this thread is enlightening. At some point every player is shit, at some point Boro are shit, through all of it Robins is shit.

Boro had something we didn't and played their hand at the right time it turns out. Their subs are light years away from our best players and were the game changers and we were never go to be in that position to bring on such players. The sub who scored cost 7 million plus and I have never heard of him. Bolassie, just wow, how can we compete with a team that has a 25 million player to bring on? Thats the reality.

Robins nearly got it right. The result says he didn't but last nights result was never going to season defining and nor will the Derby game. Its at times like this that frustration and anger need to tempered by the realisation we are at least in a position to do something about it and a win or even a point on Saturday will be welcomed by me at least. Each team is going to fighting for their lives and now is the time when the tough get going.

Wednesday played their card by appointing Moore, Rotherham have got the games in hand but surely not? Blues have hit some form, Huddersfield are sinking but should have enough to save themselves, Derby have hit a sticky patch and we are just hanging in there.
Best post all night

Nick

Administrator

How did he nearly get it right?

It's always funny how people don't realise a match thread is people posting during the game then they come on hours after.

covmark

He didn't nearly get it right. We didn't have a shot on target all game. It was a piss poor performance, especially as Boro were there for the taking after we went 1 up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

How did he nearly get it right?

It's always funny how people don't realise a match thread is people posting during the game then they come on hours after.
You are correct, its a match thread, I came on later because I am in Riyadh not Radford and need my beauty sleep. he nearly got it right as it was a late winner, if we had drawn the post match meltdown would have been adjourned.
I stand by my post.

NortonSkyBlue

He didn't nearly get it right. We didn't have a shot on target all game. It was a piss poor performance, especially as Boro were there for the taking after we went 1 up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yes Boro were really on the ropes...are you for real? Yes it was a poor performance and we were devoid of ideas and confidence yet Boro needed to bring on the heavy cavalry to finish us off so nearly a point.

Nick

Administrator
You are correct, its a match thread, I came on later because I am in Riyadh not Radford and need my beauty sleep. he nearly got it right as it was a late winner, if we had drawn the post match meltdown would have been adjourned.
I stand by my post.

We lost, it was obvious to anybody with eyes they were going for the win and were putting us under pressure.

Nothing was changed.

If we had won we would be chuffed, obviously. We didn't.

pusbccfc

Robins didn't get anything right last night. Middlesbrough were, for the second time this season, a poor side. We were at home.

For some reason Robins thinks we can sit back and hold a lead/draw like we did last season. We are not good enough defensively to do that.

rexo87

One thing I didn’t understand last night. We scored from a long throw but whenever we got a throw in that same position on the right hand side McCallum didn’t go over to take. Surely he should go over and him a Dabo swap sides for 30 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Shows how little some people actually pay attention to football outside of Cov when they're talking up Bolasie as a £25m player when in reality he was a huge flop at Everton and has barely played football for the last 4 years. Doubt anyone would pay more than about £4m for him these days and that would be on name alone mainly.

better days

Great post

robbiethemole

So, are our issues down to being naive, or because our players don't have the strength, mentally or physically to compete for 90 mins in this League, or they're just not good enough at this level? I'd like to believe it's the first and if we stay up, next season we'll be more"streetwise" and we'll probably have different players to slag off.

SeaSeeEffCee

D

Deleted member 11652

Marosi

Dabo
Ostigard
Fadz
Mccallum

Hamer
Sheaf
Allen

O’hare
Walker
Gyokeres

higgs

We were always going to struggle this season we have come a long way in a short period of time and the step up to the championship is massive. We have made some silly errors costing us goals but maybe that's down to a better type of player forcing us into these mistakes as they are used to playing at that higher level. I would have thought last night that we should have introduced some fresh legs when it was clear we were getting weary and boro had freshened things up. We were never going to piss this league some seem to be disappointed that we aren't in the top 6 by now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Three games ago, Brentford, this site was buzzing won the game well and let’s be honest easily, did okay v Swansea shouldn’t have lost and a point at Blackburn, we lose yesterday and the whole squad plus the manager are shite and we are all doomed. Middlesbrough was always a tough task team full of know how as is their manager they will be a dangerous opposition for any around us too. We have 12 matches left taking out Bournemouth away these are a run of games we should be looking at getting points from, we still haven’t been in the bottom three which considering our previous seven games is a bit of an achievement need to re-group for Saturday and take the game to Derby as we did v Brentford. I still think we’ll be okay

Yet despite these subs they have recently lost to Sheff Weds Derby Birmingham and Rotherham.

Covstu

Shows how little some people actually pay attention to football outside of Cov when they're talking up Bolasie as a £25m player when in reality he was a huge flop at Everton and has barely played football for the last 4 years. Doubt anyone would pay more than about £4m for him these days and that would be on name alone mainly.
I think the point (and very valid) was the resources sat on their bench were far superior to our own. We didn’t have a game changer on the bench but it was an ugly game so bring on the players who can mix it like Baka, sheaf etc. If we played to a draw I would have at least been a little more philosophical but we just read this game wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread