Match Thread Middlesbrough ("H") - Tues 2nd March - 19:00 KO - St. Andrews (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The fact Max is a starter is the biggest fucking clue regarding our bench.

The only difference a sub would’ve made was that you’d have another player to whiff about.
Yet we bring in a player from Brighton who is on the bench and probably paid considerably more?

So if Biamou isn't very good.. When he's completely knackered you replace him. Even if it's just for somebody to run about and press from the front.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not a comment on tonight. Dabo has lost all his attacking verve. And as he’s only a so so defender that’s worrying.
That's his first 90 minutes, and he is obviously playing his way back to fitness. I'm not worried about Dabo having lost the attacking part of his game, as it will improve markedly as he regains full fitness. Until he reaches 100%, MR needs to let Pask come on for him during the last 20 mins or so. otherwise you risk defensive lapses, which is what happened tonight (especially on heavy pitches)

usskyblue

Yet we bring in a player from Brighton who is on the bench and probably paid considerably more?

So if Biamou isn't very good.. When he's completely knackered you replace him. Even if it's just for somebody to run about and press from the front.

What if Robins wants a fresh player from Brighton to start on Saturday?

Marty

So who do you sign on a free for the same wage as Baka that is capable at this level?

Baka isn't capable at this level, and you won't be able too. Baka doesn't play, isn't rated and hasn't been since he signed. we could have easily gone into this season without Baka, saved money on his wages and be in no worse position.

cov donkey kick

Well the rest of my birthdays been good, it's the normal spoiler the city I knew the last 3 seasons have been freaks of nature's by city standards.
Both goals they scored tonight were individual mistakes the first by Wilson whos decision making on the 1st goal was awful, the second rose offered no resistance at all and as usual our defense is not at championship level.

usskyblue

The same as the one who started last Saturday?

Is that why he didn't make any changes?

It scares me how the lack of changes can be defended.

Where have I defended it? I’m pointing out the fucking obvious. Either Robins knows something we don’t regarding his players or he didn’t think a change would work.

It’s par for the fucking course though isn’t it? Fans having no room to move beyond thinking they know more than the fucking manager of the club.

Nick

Administrator
Where have I defended it? I’m pointing out the fucking obvious. Either Robins knows something we don’t regarding his players or he didn’t think a change would work.

It’s par for the fucking course though isn’t it? Fans having no room to move beyond thinking they know more than the fucking manager of the club.
Because you went from saying the bench are crap emergency players to he didn't change it because he will want to start a player from it on Saturday.

Let's face it, subs have always been a weakness.

Just because he is the manager it doesn't instantly mean he's always right.

skybluesam66

just wondering re Sheaf
it was mentioned as an obligation rather than an option to purchase
I assume that is based on playing so many games
if we are close to that number, we would not be able to afford him if we were relegated, so maybe that is the reason he is not getting a look in

cc84cov

just wondering re Sheaf
if we are close to that number, we would not be able to afford him if we were relegated, so maybe that is the reason he is not getting a look in
it’s rumoured to be % of games played that will fulfil the obligation the signs are clearly not great for him,£750k for him is criminal we need out of the deal and I have a suspicion that’s what’s gonna happen

Nick

Administrator
it’s rumoured to be % of games played that will fulfil the obligation the signs are clearly not great for him,£750k for him is criminal we need out of the deal and I have a suspicion that’s what’s gonna happen
Let's face it, you have no fucking clue either way.

Skybluebeliever

If we are relegated we will not be obliged to sign him

pusbccfc

do they have the 7th biggest budget in the league sorry it’s a pathetic argument

Yannick Bolasie could pay Biamou or Ben Wilson's wages for the season in a week.

That's the difference.

cc84cov

No but it's a factor.

Nothing defends that for me tonight but let's not forget we've got a League 1 team, with a tiny budget in comparison to others.
Could he not at least of changed the shape and players tho at least soon as it went 2-1 ?

Magwitch1

We never had a shot on target all game that speaks volumes it’s okay blaming defence and individual defenders but our forward play is so ineffective Play the ball forward and it comes back twice as quick.

pusbccfc

I know, which is why budget is irrelevant because it has been an issue for years.

They are all factors as to why we are in the position we are in.

If we had a bigger budget, we might be able to afford to have Assombaolga and Duncan Watmore on the bench. I am not disagreeing that anything would be better than what was on the pitch late on.

larry_david

Forward play is awful. Hamer, o hare, Dabo, max all seem determined to play it on the byline. Not once do they ever look in field.

Byline, byline, back out to Hamer, nope tell u what have it back on the byline, Dabo one two, back tto byline. It's infuriating

Frostie

We never had a shot on target all game that speaks volumes it’s okay blaming defence and individual defenders but our forward play is so ineffective Play the ball forward and it comes back twice as quick.

They only had 2 - the 2 goals. Neither keeper even made a save. It was a game devoid of any real quality.

Frostie

just wondering re Sheaf

A) We're not obligated to sign him if we get relegated
B) Why would he even be on the bench if he wasn't an option?

You're basing this on the fact he's not played for 2 games despite featuring regularly before. It makes no sense.

skybluesam66

A) We're not obligated to sign him if we get relegated
B) Why would he even be on the bench if he wasn't an option?

You're basing this on the fact he's not played for 2 games despite featuring regularly before. It makes no sense.
it was just a question - i was not aware that we were not obliged if relegated - didnt see that quoted

Frostie

it was just a question - i was not aware that we were not obliged if relegated - didnt see that quoted

Well, none of us know the ins & outs for sure of course, but that's the belief.
Why would you sign a player to help you avoid relegation but then not be able to play him in case you get relegated? It would be completely illogical.

The world nowadays just loves a conspiracy theory.

Users who are viewing this thread