Mental Health (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

Been fine up until this week, been ploughing through it and finishing writing my book to keep my mind busy. Feel like I have completely lost it in the last week or so though, today has just about topped it off.

Without trying to sound dramatic or like one of those facebook mum's, I'm really not in a good place and I Just don't really know what to do. Route cause of course comes back to the female situation, but the lockdown is making it hard for me to trust myself on what is getting me down or to what extent the lockdown is amplifying it.
Try and get out in the daylight for a walk about, always does me the world of good when things start feeling too much. Around the park or nature if you can.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just been called into a meeting in the office early next week. Looks like I am about to get the boot from work now.

Couldn't get any better could it?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Just been called into a meeting in the office early next week. Looks like I am about to get the boot from work now.

Well...you don't KNOW that yet do you?

I know, like most advice on these threads, its easier said than done, but there is zero point in you worrying about stuff that hasn't happened yet, may not happen at all, and most importantly, stuff you have no real control over.

I shit myself when I was made redundant just before Christmas 2005.....a few months of anguish & heavy drinking before deciding to take a leap of faith & start up on my own.....never looked back.

Bad news can still create good opportunities.

One of my mates Mrs. is currently going through cancer treatment & he's naturally deeply worried......I met up with him for a little bike ride with a rucksack full of ale.....we sat at the top of a local hill and put the world to rights for a couple hours......did us both the world of good.

I'd suggest you get out for a walk with one of your mates & do similar. Stuff don't seem so bad when you've said it out loud.

Take it easy ESB1

Liquid Gold

Fridays are when I find it most tough, normally I'd be looking forward to doing stuff, being out with friends and stuff but I know I'm just going to do nothing then be back at work on Monday. I've always suffered with insomnia on and off but it's creeping back in at the moment which doesn't help at all. I was also getting stuck in to way too much 'stuff' for something to do but I've kicked that until the new year now which is good for my overall mental health but again doesn't help on a Friday when I'm looking for something to do.

I'm lucky enough to be at my in laws' place in West Cornwall at the moment so I get out for a walk/run most days and the country air is a lot more calming and I couldn't spend another lockdown in my small city centre flat.

bulko

it could be the beginning of a new better chapter in your life. being made redundant in 2017 at the age of 51 was scary but turned out to be the best thing to happen as that workplace was contributing to my depression.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Lockdown, broken up with the missus. Fuck me it's going to be a tough month.
Really sorry to hear that mate. It's always the sentence that pisses me off most when I am down, but it tends to be true, things will get better. Whilst it won't necessarily make it easy, I would start by setting yourself a goal that is accomplishable over the next few weeks with what's available to you a) to keep you healthy active and b) keep your mind occupied on something positive. I obviously don't know you, but something as simple as, 'Cycle *** miles before the New Year', 'Lose 10lbs by Christmas', 'Run 5k', whatever is a suitable goal for you. It may well seem redundant compared to what you are going through, but focussing your mind on something/anything positive can be so important in coming out the other side better for it.

shmmeee

I thought I was going to get fired the other month and they gave me a promotion. Anxiety is a bitch.

NorthernWisdom

I thought I was going to get fired the other month and they gave me a promotion. Anxiety is a bitch.

giphy.gif

Brighton Sky Blue

A lot of wallowing and moping. But at this second I feel a very weird sense of peace. Almost where I can hear the wind blowing and every car going past. Part of me knows that its going to be ok, just getting to that stage is the hard bit.

Were you expecting it?

Sky_Blue_Daz

I had a great chat with someone from Cope , they’ve given me coping strategies to use and that they felt I didn’t need therapy and above all they said i need to make time for myself

Feel pretty good the talk helped more then anything

Ccfcisparks

Were you expecting it?
Not at all. Seen her the weekend, against lockdown (Sorry Boris), and things seemed normal. Just put my headset on to start work and the call came in from her ending it.

ive just deleted all my social media. Been meaning to do it for a long long time and finally took the plunge. I can still see her checking up I my profile and the temptation to give in and message her is too great. If I put my energy into something productive rather than social media I’m sure I’d achieve something good. SBT is my only exception though.

NorthernWisdom

It's the worse one of the lot mate!
tbf, I'm pretty sure it's the one that ex Girlfriends don't frequent!

I remember after splitting up with somebody years ago, facebook's algorythm kindly kept recommending her as a friend, then every time someone posted on a picture of how fantastically she was doing, it'd flag me too. Each time I changed the settings, Facebook re-set them!

So... there went my Facebook account(!)

Not only that, but each time I'd post song lyrics of something I was listening to, I'd have a load of concerned people ask if I was OK, and if it was a cry for help(!) No, you mentalists, it's a bit of Ronnie James Dio!

Ccfcisparks

At this point I’d rather take 100 pages of G moaning than see anything that reminds me of stuff at the moment. The fact that this website is anonymous really is what makes it good. Unfiltered judgement or complete lack of makes it a good place to come and reflect on things.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not at all. Seen her the weekend, against lockdown (Sorry Boris), and things seemed normal. Just put my headset on to start work and the call came in from her ending it.

ive just deleted all my social media. Been meaning to do it for a long long time and finally took the plunge. I can still see her checking up I my profile and the temptation to give in and message her is too great. If I put my energy into something productive rather than social media I’m sure I’d achieve something good. SBT is my only exception though.

I found it hard with my ex not to get in touch as you say, but as hard as it is I think you’ve done the right thing cutting off the social media. It just makes it harder to get over and it took me too long to learn that lesson! Go cold turkey and if all else fails you can still come on here and give G some verbal

hill83

I've got a five year old with my ex (still technically married) so I have to see her. And we are getting on remarkably well considering.
I'm fully aware that could change when other people enter the equation but it's making things a hell of a lot easier for now.

NorthernWisdom

I've got a five year old with my ex (still technically married) so I have to see her. And we are getting on remarkably well considering.
I'm fully aware that could change when other people enter the equation but it's making things a hell of a lot easier for now.
I do wonder if for adults, having children forces a bit more getting on though, as it's not all about you. I know the morons would fight regardless...

Some people get my unfailing respect for how they put any bitterness aside for their kids.

Sick Boy

I am fine thanks but hearing from, or about, a lot of people that aren't.
The mental health impact of this situation seems to be starting to hit home.
Definitely feeling it here, I just want to see my mum and dad...raging with work colleagues in general a lot too but concentrating on my own business on the side which is a bit of light, the uncertainty of everything means that’s a worry too but if it wasn’t for that bit of light it’d be even worse...

Nick

Administrator
It's the exercise bit fucking me up, I know people go out jogging etc but I just can't do it. Mentally and Physically jogging isn't happening.

Really noticing not being as active.

clint van damme

It's the exercise bit fucking me up, I know people go out jogging etc but I just can't do it. Mentally and Physically jogging isn't happening.

Really noticing not being as active.

not playing 5 a side is fucking me up.
Play on a Monday night, always hate the thought of going especially if I've over indulged at the weekend but it really sorts me out and I feel great afterwards.
I don't mind jogging but can't get motivated to do it, or anything else, on a Monday night so don't get that blow out and now just feel sluggish all week.
With my impending job loss I'm going to knock my gym membership on the head so I''ve got to get in the habit of running/training at home but it's difficult.

CCFCSteve

Earlsdon and Clint -sorry to hear about your work situations, good luck with searching. Next year will be a better year !

I know what people are saying about exercise, gym football etc, it’s partially the routine of it all. I try and still do some stuff at home (press ups, resistance bands etc) and go for the odd run (when the great British weather allows !). Not the same though. Do try to still do some bits though as it does help !

Nick

Administrator
not playing 5 a side is fucking me up.
Play on a Monday night, always hate the thought of going especially if I've over indulged at the weekend but it really sorts me out and I feel great afterwards.
I don't mind jogging but can't get motivated to do it, or anything else, on a Monday night so don't get that blow out and now just feel sluggish all week.
With my impending job loss I'm going to knock my gym membership on the head so I''ve got to get in the habit of running/training at home but it's difficult.

I've done the "I am going to do it at home" but it just doesn't happen. Like you say 5 aside sets you up for the week mentally and physically.

Since this lockdown I have been constantly tired, aching, going to bed at 7PM.

There's a massive knock-on effect, having no football or the gym etc there's no release or motivation which then impacts everything else.

There's also the factor of having nothing to really look forward to.

clint van damme

Earlsdon and Clint -sorry to hear about your work situations, good luck with searching. Next year will be a better year !

I know what people are saying about exercise, gym football etc, it’s partially the routine of it all. I try and still do some stuff at home (press ups, resistance bands etc) and go for the odd run (when the great British weather allows !). Not the same though. Do try to still do some bits though as it does help !

to be fair, I've been banging on about my impending job loss for about 8 months!
Was finally due to leave next week but just been extended for the 3rd time until the end of the year but that will be it this time so I'm going to enjoy Christmas, )if we're allowed!), and start afresh in the New Year.

Users who are viewing this thread