Meeting with Joy Seppala & Dave Boddy - Thursday 27th February 2020 (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Quick one guys, might be said but I’ve not read the full thread. When talking about a 4 sided stadium was there any talk of the building design being anything like how Highfield road was? Such as having a west terrace type area etc?

I’d fucking love a modern day Highfield rd!!

Sky Blue Pete

This

Thank you again as always.

We did all of that many years ago and it resulted in the current Ricoh. And it certainly is fit for 21st century.

Peterborough's London rd ground I believe is nothing like the Ricoh.

We would love to see the city back but not for the first time the owners have taken our team out of Coventry.

Sorry if I offend but this is sisu's making and they need to sort this out especially as the team is doing so well.

Once again thank you for contacting me.

and the final one is

Sorry but I did respond to the statement.

My response seems inconvenient and factual not terrible.

What a complete banana

TTG

The coventrian

You’re either very forgetful or you have a bullshit agenda like your buddy.

The Council were tapping up Wasps before we went to Northampton.
Were wasps playing at the ricoh before we gave up our anchor tenancy? By breaking the lease who gift wrapped the franchise an empty stadium?

Sky Blue Pete

Followed up with

Dear George

Seriously? It’s a memorandum of understanding between the club and the council.

You haven’t commented on how Peterborough are willing to support their club and you’re not. You haven’t commented on the loss of upwards of £10m from the local community.

Is your answer that it’s sisu’s fault so they should be held responsible for the losses and the increase in council tax and cuts in service?

I’m not certain what you are saying.

Thanks again

Pete

Nick

Administrator
This

We did all of that many years ago and it resulted in the current Ricoh. And it certainly is fit for 21st century.

We would love to see the city back but not for the first time the owners have taken our team out of Coventry.

Sorry if I offend but this is sisu's making and they need to sort this out especially as the team is doing so well.

and the final one is

What a complete banana
This is what could be the headline in the local media. Let him drop himself in it line on cwr.

chiefdave

This is what could be the headline in the local media. Let him drop himself in it line on cwr.
If the Telegraph or CWR had anything about them it would be the leading story tomorrow morning. We all know the reality is it most likely won't even get a mention.

chiefdave

And what about if wasps say no? This is where people should be pressing sisu. They've had 6 years to build a stadium. Where is it?
Lets be realistic. Even if Fisher is on CWR tomorrow morning saying they've bought the land and submitted the planning application there's virtually zero chance of a new ground being ready in 2 years, I would say 5 years would be optimistic.

So the reality is the Ricoh is the only way we are returning to Coventry, therefore the indemnity demand needs to be dropped.

Everything else is secondary and something we can worry about later. Lets get back to Cov on something like a 5 year rolling deal thats fair to both sides and go from there.

ccfclinney

My biggest question is how is the new stadium going to be funded and who will own it ? Sisu or Coventry city football club..

mark82

Quick one guys, might be said but I’ve not read the full thread. When talking about a 4 sided stadium was there any talk of the building design being anything like how Highfield road was? Such as having a west terrace type area etc?

I’d fucking love a modern day Highfield rd!!

Don't think they've got to that level of specific detail yet. Mentioned Shrewsbury's new ground as an example (I've not been), although ours would be bigger and a better shade of blue. Reason for 4 sided was that it's easily expandable. Would be expandable upwards and could fill in corners to get extra capacity.

I'd love 4 sided personally. The idea quite excites me (any skepticism aside). I'd love us to do something innovative with the area around the stadium too (like making it a destination for nights out, etc). Innovation would be befitting of our history. Hopefully they'll allow some fan input if/when we get to that stage.

Liquid Gold

How do people with Duggins' level of intelligence get into public office?

I'm as left as they come but if I were in Cov I'd hold my nose and vote Tory to try and get something shaken up.

His arrogance shines through, you can see his contempt that Pete would even consider asking the questions. Why is the media not doing this job?

mark82

Sure it's been answered by Fisher before, the 'new' stadium would be owned by a holding company

I seem to remember something like that. I imagine it's a fairly common setup to protect against administration/liquidation (although I'm just guessing here).

covmark

Why is the media not doing this job?
And this is the most pertinent question. The media should be all over this, but it's left to Pete from Skybluestalk to grill the local council via email. It's one big joke tbh.

Fair play to you Pete, you and Mark have done a cracking job recently, it's most appreciated by me, and I'm sure the majority on this message board.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Has anybody contracted sports journalists. Places like the Athletic and Mundial that really like to look into fan culture and not just the game itself? They might be interested in how a bunch of weirdos on a forum have managed to do more than all the local media combined?

Let me know if not and I will start looking at places to send things to tomorrow.

covmark

Gonna meet with Cllr Duggins he would like to leave me in no uncertain terms what he is saying as I don’t seem to understand
You fully understand, that much is obvious. Agree with LG, taking someone from the media would be helpful. Might also put the wind up him a little.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

I genuinely think there’s a story there look at Peterborough and you could add Swansea and Watford and Brighton too. Are we so flush with cash that we can pass up upwards of £10m economic impact for the sake of some bruised egos?

shepardo01

I genuinely think there’s a story there look at Peterborough and you could add Swansea and Watford and Brighton too. Are we so flush with cash that we can pass up upwards of £10m economic impact for the sake of some bruised egos?
Rob Dorsett at sky? (I think...) On twitter, donr a bit about us recently???
Think it was him who did the interview with Joy.

Last edited:

The coventrian

Lets be realistic. Even if Fisher is on CWR tomorrow morning saying they've bought the land and submitted the planning application there's virtually zero chance of a new ground being ready in 2 years, I would say 5 years would be optimistic.

So the reality is the Ricoh is the only way we are returning to Coventry, therefore the indemnity demand needs to be dropped.

Everything else is secondary and something we can worry about later. Lets get back to Cov on something like a 5 year rolling deal thats fair to both sides and go from there.
I agree 100%.

covcity4life

This

and the final one is

What a complete banana
What a stupid c**t. Hes admitting that this is personal and yet media rather run stories about coventrys terrible owners

They aint gonna greenlihht a new stadoum and i bet they tell waspa to hold firm and keep sisu out of coventry ib hope they leave or phoneix club is started

Users who are viewing this thread