Meeting with Joy Seppala & Dave Boddy - Thursday 27th February 2020 (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Sorry NW the mob has spoken! We’re getting a new stadium and it’ll be old fashioned with standing and a pub for every fan and us lazy slobs will get cushy jobs. And the only reason it looks like it’s not been happening for six and a half years is Joy is a tactical genius outsmarting the evil council. And we must never question that, or at least not now because reasons it’s different this time.
Making things up again, what's the point? You are no better than those dodgy social media accounts.

Give it a rest, just because the council leader has shown himself up again you are losing your mind.

This is the issue when you actually have links to people you see.

shmmeee

Seriously mate. I’d give it a rest for a bit. You started off questioning which is great but You’re looking more and more desperate with every post now.

OK mate. Thanks for the tip.

Hay guis!

What colour do you hope the seats are? I’m hoping Sky Blue!

Better?

Piss off. If I think somethings bollocks I’ll say so. Regardless of how many people are taken in by it.

Nick

Administrator

Hay guis!

Better?

Piss off. If I think somethings bollocks I’ll say so. Regardless of how many people are taken in by it.
Who has taken in? Why are you making things up again?

You are showing yourself up as desperate with these melt downs.

oldfiver

Right. Every single elected representative of the council, of all parties, are evil. And this is not at all letting hatred cloud your judgement.

Duggins is a twat. So is Joy. What’s your point?

The former is the leader of the mess of Coventry City Council who are supposed to represent 370,000 residents of the City
The latter is the leader of a football club representing X number of part time supporters

Skybluefaz

Hay guis!

Better?

You think that Coventry is better off without the revenue the football team would bring. That's crazy

shmmeee

The former is the leader of the mess of Coventry City Council who are supposed to represent 370,000 residents of the City
The latter is the leader of a football club representing X number of part time supporters

O....K....

Amd that proves the entire democratic process of Coventry has been taken over by pod people becauaause,,,?

oldfiver

Im literally the only person in this thread who isn’t happy with us remaining out of Cov but go off.

The answer to your main point is people are not happy being out of Coventry
However they are also not happy at the way the Council have dealt with this matter and in particular they way the sale was conducted

You are entitled to defend the latter if that is you wish but do not cojoin the two

eastwoodsdustman

Hay guis!

Better?

You’re just proving my point with that wild reply.
Yellow is my preferred choice though if you’re running a poll.

shmmeee

The answer to your main point is people are not happy being out of Coventry
However they are also not happy at the way the Council have dealt with this matter and in particular they way the sale was conducted

You are entitled to defend the latter if that is you wish but do not cojoin the two

Im not defending anything. You see any criticism of our owners as support of the council. And in this specific case you see a refusal to describe every single individual councillor of all parties and none as “evil” as beyond the pale. Which I’m sorry us a Fucking disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourself.

In response to your main point. People are happy. “If Sisu want to continue legal action that’s their right” is the forum line isn’t it? So I’m the only one who thinks CCFC being home is more important than a hedge funds vendetta.

Nick

Administrator
Im not defending anything. You see any criticism of our owners as support of the council. And in this specific case you see a refusal to describe every single individual councillor of all parties and none as “evil” as beyond the pale. Which I’m sorry us a Fucking disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourself.
No, people are seeing your melt down when duggins fucks up as support. This is what happens when you have people close who are friends with people.

You constantly keep making things up.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I emailed Duggins before. Like it or not the council do not give a shit. They’re happy to have washed their hands.

the council comes into play long term. The short term should be a concentrated effort on getting wasps to change their stance.

the. We need to push SISU. I’m anti wasps as anyone, but They’ve been saying for years they have a shortlist of sites. Why the fuck haven’t they bought one.

this is a cluster fuck. First come back to Ricoh - then we push SISU to do something

Gibbo

Who has taken in? Why are you making things up again?

You are showing yourself up as desperate with these melt downs.
My conclusions
1. It is a step forward that there is some dialogue with the club
2. We do genuinely know more than we did
3. We remain intensely sceptical about the promise of a new ground - although maybe less than before
3. Shmmee is a bit of a twat, and people should stop replying

AFCCOVENTRY

So we need to pressure Richardson and Seppala to talk and come to an amicable agreement that suits all parties.

my feeling is Sisu are waiting on what the EU Courts say on the legal case first. So hopefully that is sooner rather than later.

BackRoomRummermill

What a shame this thread has become , well done Mark and Pete for your efforts , it’s quite clear to me the way the questions were asked were that of a fan of CCFC and not one sided in any way . As a person who is not really in the know I found the meeting notes useful and informative. The fact a meeting took place and subsequent meetings to follow I can only endorse what the guys have done off their off non biased agenda and their own time and money , please carry on doing what you doing to help the little people like me have some insight . Thank you

mark82

Right. Meet Sisu “be nice, keep it secret, I sure do love this stadium design Joy. Yes that legal action is your right Joy”. Meet the other parties “get questions from the forum, invite the media, bring along witnesses”. But both sides right guys? No fear or favour?

Is it not a relevant question to ask what the impact of the club being out of the city is? This isn't something to beat the council over the head with, it's to support conversations with other parties. Please get it into your head that there is no witch hunt. I'm losing a lot of respect for you the way you are carrying on. I've said to you that I'm happy to speak with you constructively. Reach out to me by PM and I'm happy to give you my number and we'll have a chat, or meet the next time I'm down in Coventry. I won't be drawn into your silly games on here.

Aside from anything else, do you really think that I, as a Labour party member, would be trying to paint them as the bad guys? I think you've missed your calling in journalism to be honest, your ability to create sensationalism where there is none is second-to-none. But, hey, you don't ask questions, you just go on the attack. If you were a little more constructive I'd be more willing to take you seriously. As it stands I think your action shows you are just trying to create a bit of furor.

shmmeee

Don't let your hatred of sisu cloud what wankers the council are - That's how Coventrian started!

Don’t get distracted by easy political points scoring against an easy target when we are being led down the garden path by the people actually responsible for the well being of our club.

Very easy to get a bunch of people riled up against “the council” without any evidence or specific complaint. Check literally any local Facebook forum and they’re being blamed for everything from the weather to Coronavirus. Keep your eyes on the prize.

The entire council aren’t evil mate. That’s a ridiculous position. Hate Coventry Labour all you want but you are also including Coventry Conservatives, Coventry Greens, Coventry Lib Dem’s and independent candidates. And that’s when it starts to look like a mental conspiracy theory and not a level headed criticism.

oldfiver

In response to your main point. People are happy. “If Sisu want to continue legal action that’s their right” is the forum line isn’t it? So I’m the only one who thinks CCFC being home is more important than a hedge funds vendetta.

Yet again you have chosen to either not understand or ignore what I have written and cloud your response with obfuscation

Nick

Administrator
Don’t get distracted by easy political points scoring against an easy target when we are being led down the garden path by the people actually responsible for the well being of our club.

Very easy to get a bunch of people riled up against “the council” without any evidence or specific complaint. Check literally any local Facebook forum and they’re being blamed for everything from the weather to Coronavirus. Keep your eyes on the prize.

The entire council aren’t evil mate. That’s a ridiculous position. Hate Coventry Labour all you want but you are also including Coventry Conservatives, Coventry Greens, Coventry Lib Dem’s and independent candidates. And that’s when it starts to look like a mental conspiracy theory and not a level headed criticism.

You are the only one distracted by the look of it.

You are desperately trying to make things up and everybody can see straight through it.

Again banging on about conspiracies. Have a rest.

eastwoodsdustman

The interesting thing will be if anything slips out as to what power influence or control the council have on the wasps and ground. They’re supposed to be neutral and looking after the taxpayer in all of this but seem to have an agenda.
The meeting with them is in my opinion more important than meeting with the club although movement on all 3 fronts is still the way forward.

mark82

What is needed is a concerted media assault on Duggins and his cronies. You don’t need the CT to do this, just the power of social media.

Has anyone got Putin’s number?

To be honest, I'm not sure what something like this would gain. There are 2 parties that can bring us back - Seppala & Richardson. CCC are now very much irrelevant in the immediate discussion. Where they can help, and so far are unwilling to do so, is by providing some impact statements on the club being out of the city and confirmation they'll work with the club to find a stadium. We can then use those things to apply pressure to Wasps and Sisu. Unfortunately, they seem to have decided without reason (just like @shmmeee) that there is some agenda against them (the council).

clint van damme

I have had enough dealings with the council away from the Ricoh/wasps/CCFC circus to know what an absolute bunch of tossers they are and what bullshit and duplicity they're capable of.
I don't need anyone on here to tell me.
You're right, I can't call everyone at the council evil, (I wouldn't use that term anyway to be honest), but I've dealt with enough grade A arseholes to form my own opinion.

As for being led down the garden path by the people who run our club, I have agreed with you regarding the ground as there is no evidence to back up their rhetoric.
There's plenty of evidence to back up that they're running the playing side far,far better over the last couple of years and have given the manager what he needs, that's why I'm prepared to listen to them when they are talking about their plans going forward, (excluding their new ground nonsense).

eastwoodsdustman

To be honest, I'm not sure what something like this would gain. There are 2 parties that can bring us back - Seppala & Richardson. CCC are now very much irrelevant in the immediate discussion. Where they can help, and so far are unwilling to do so, is by providing some impact statements on the club being out of the city and confirmation they'll work with the club to find a stadium. We can then use those things to apply pressure to Wasps and Sisu. Unfortunately, they seem to have decided without reason (just like @shmmeee) that there is some agenda against them (the council).
The agenda thing is a smokescreen in my opinion. I’m afraid I don’t have your optimism that ccc are irrelevant in it all still. I feel that they are still hand in glove with wasps and will continue to be whilst the eu review the case. They both have way too much to lose not to be working closely together.

Users who are viewing this thread