Matty James (3 Viewers)

Opinion on James

• Class. Should be signed if possible in the summer

Votes: 217 90.8%
  • Average. He flatters to decieve and we shouldn’t necessarily sign him in the summer

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Poor, stay away in the Summer

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

Sky Blue Pete

The person who took on stewardship of a football club without gun to their head. The same one who refuses to give up control to anyone else.
I’m pretty sure if an acceptable offer was made it would be given up and the point really was the support that’s being given the support that’s not being given. I can’t believe I’m coming across as an apologist even though I am. We have to understand the position surely or there’s only upset and frustration. It’s not a bad place to be in. It’s just comes with caveats to what we can achieve

especially when you consider that we’ve played away from coventry for some of the seasons they have been owners and that’s caused significant issues of their own and maybe others making but certainly partly their own, if not mostly their own

Personally I think Sisu were shafted in terms of advice in the early days and they are now able to work with football people who have gained their trust and respect and vice versa however hard for us, as football supporters, to understand

shmmeee

I’m pretty sure if an acceptable offer was made it would be given up

By definition. Problem is that word acceptable.

To be clear I think we’ve done miles better since Joy became more involved as a club (though how much is Boddy/Robins I don’t know). But she knew what she was getting into (or should have), and will be perfectly happy to reap the rewards. She’s turned down several offers by all accounts (one yours).

Sky Blue Pete

By definition. Problem is that word acceptable.

To be clear I think we’ve done miles better since Joy became more involved as a club (though how much is Boddy/Robins I don’t know). But she knew what she was getting into (or should have), and will be perfectly happy to reap the rewards. She’s turned down several offers by all accounts (one yours).
A friend of mine yep. And her opinion of them and his opinion of her really don’t match up with my feelings towards either. Yep acceptable is such a pejorative word

Grendel

Why is she basil fawlty is she not successful? She seems relatively successful in terms of profit and position. In any case the football club is all I am interested in not Sisu and not joy really although she’s pretty lovely on a purely personal level

How have people been taken in? The new stadium? Believing she cares about the football club? Can you be specific?

She doesnt care about the football club. She doesn’t even own it. She’s really lovely - is that some sort of joke?

mark82

She doesnt care about the football club. She doesn’t even own it. She’s really lovely - is that some sort of joke?

She comes across as a nice person. Can only say it as I see it. Obviously only met her once and I've not dealt with her in a professional capacity, so can't comment on that. She's a human being, not a pantomime villain. Sorry.

Grendel

She comes across as a nice person. Can only say it as I see it. Obviously only met her once and I've not dealt with her in a professional capacity, so can't comment on that. She's a human being, not a pantomime villain. Sorry.

She’s lovely

Irish Sky Blue

I think the way the club has been run in the last 10 years has been chalk and cheese. The first 6 years was disastrous and the last 4 not at all
The last four on the pitch have been successful. We did once again end up playing outside of our city, this time for two years. If their first consideration is the football club, did they have to continue their legal shenanigans by referring the Ricoh sale to Europe? That seems to have brought them little reward and one way or another resulted in further fall outs with our landlords, something I am sure they would have predicted.

Sky Blue Pete

This is not to say I agree with every decision she's made regards our football club though.
No me neither although I’m struggling in the last 4 years. And I genuinely think the trust and respect boddy and robins have built it may be possible to push the break even plan even thought break even hasn’t really happened

Sky Blue Pete

The last four on the pitch have been successful. We did once again end up playing outside of our city, this time for two years. If their first consideration is the football club, did they have to continue their legal shenanigans by referring the Ricoh sale to Europe? That seems to have brought them little reward and one way or another resulted in further fall outs with our landlords, something I am sure they would have predicted.
I don’t agree with the Eu complaint but I understand the reasons for making it and I’m pretty certain that a deal was possible at the Ricoh and lots of individuals failed for us to end up in bham. And of course that includes Sisu and joy seppalla

skybluetony176

Its nothing to do with the club being responsible its to do with the owners.

Have these owners by your definition been responsible in the last two seasons? Without COVID we would have had significant revenue reduction anyway and that is a deliberate strategy decision (a stupid one by a fairly hapless fund manager)

The term handouts is absurd. Not every club blows millions and also not every club tries (and in our case repeatedly fails) to remain cash neutral. The strategy is selling assets to fund annual losses and when that fails get loans to pay back with some hefty interest rates. Its hardly shrewd management.

This owner has no interest in the club other than paying back interest and capital to its fund owners. It has no care what division we are in and will just adjust accordingly to try and achieve that aim

It has a management team that seem to work within this better than they have done anywhere else so it certainly works for both parties but long term we would be far better having owners with a targeted vision for the club - not a means to pay back some anonymous investors.
It’s amazing how much a worm will turn. When the Trust has said things along these lines Grendull loses his shit because he loves a bit Trust bashing. Now he can use that to bash Robins he’ll repeat it like he thought it all along.

Still. I guess it’s easier than admitting that you were wrong about Robins. 4 seasons in a row.

mark82

Agree. They feel they are in the right on that one but, as a fan, it's hard to agree. Would love if they did follow through on the new stadium just to give us some long term stability. At least we've got 10 years for now, we need a long term plan sooner rather than later though.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s amazing how much a worm will turn. When the Trust has said things along these lines Grendull loses his shit because he loves a bit Trust bashing. Now he can use that to bash Robins he’ll repeat it like he thought it all along.

Still. I guess it’s easier than admitting that you were wrong about Robins. 4 seasons in a row.
I don’t disagree with the fundamental point that owners need to have a vision. I think that’s what I’d want too and if it’s not likely let’s move forward with alternative owners. But if no one will pay what is being asked for then we make the best of what we have

bawtryneal

Unfortunately nor do I. I cannot see any change for a few years they are settled with the strategy but lets forget the notion the woman who controls the funds has any interest in the club other than investment recovery.

I think that may have been true historically but I believe she has grown to "love" the club and is now taking a more passionate stance. Time will tell but whilst you may claim that our "upwards curve" is down to good fortune it also supported by a more supportive senior management taking a longer recovery plan view. That will be partly down to interest rates but also greater investment.

Grendel

So what makes you think she doesn’t care about the football club?

Because she doesn’t own the club and is a fund manager to a bunch of investors she needs to answer to. She’s not put one penny in and never will. Fine when we were trying to smash grab the Ricoh but that’s failed and now she’s nowhere to go

Sky Blue Pete

Because she doesn’t own the club and is a fund manager to a bunch of investors she needs to answer to. She’s not put one penny in and never will. Fine when we were trying to smash grab the Ricoh but that’s failed and now she’s nowhere to go
So you don’t know whether she does or not. Ok

Grendel

So you don’t know whether she does or not. Ok

Well a cost chat by the fire seems to have convinced you. Anyone who having failed once to smash grab the Ricoh - which as a strategy was fine - can’t have the supporters interests and heart if she then does it again can she?

Sky Blue Pete

Well a cost chat by the fire seems to have convinced you. Anyone who having failed once to smash grab the Ricoh - which as a strategy was fine - can’t have the supporters interests and heart if she then does it again can she?
You can’t change the parameters. I don’t base whether she cares about the club on a 90 min chat. Does her way of showing her care align with what you consider is best for ccfc, no! That’s not the same.

Skybluefaz

If he had even a tiny shred of credibility left then it appears it will be gone by the end of this thread.

letsallsingtogether

You can’t change the parameters. I don’t base whether she cares about the club on a 90 min chat. Does her way of showing her care align with what you consider is best for ccfc, no! That’s not the same.
So what has she done to show she cares?

Sky Blue Pete

About ccfc?
Stopped spending money we didn’t generate
Listened to others who understand football and got robins back at the club
Made it clear to robins that she would support him with realism and followed through with it
Allowed boddy to make an agreement to return to a long term deal at the ricoh

to list a few football ones

letsallsingtogether

About ccfc?
Stopped spending money we didn’t generate
Listened to others who understand football and got robins back at the club
Made it clear to robins that she would support him with realism and followed through with it
Allowed boddy to make an agreement to return to a long term deal at the ricoh

to list a few football ones
That shows you she is trying to run a company better what has she done to show she cares.

DannyThomas_1981

Care for the football club?

So says the moron who spends every day criticising, mocking and deriding our own players - for reasons unknown.

And has been on a 'one moron' campaign for the last 4 years on here to get rid of Robins - statistically our most successful manager in history.

That's real care for the football club isn't it - trying to derail our players and manager on a forum?

One thing SISU has got right is the appointment and backing of Robins - a bloke you have consistently tried to get rid of after 2-3 'poor' results. Thank f..k you're not running things.

Grendel

Of course she doesn’t care. She is a fund manager that speculates in high risk so emotion and sympathy is an unacceptable weakness in her industry

The sixfields move was in my view worth a go in the sense it could have busted Higgs and forced the council to hand the lease over. I know you didn’t agree with it but it made sense and could have succeeded

The trust and the Haskell fiasco (an idiot with no pot to piss in) and the farcical support of Hoffman and Elliot - shadows of a very unfortunate past - made their position pretty untenable

The brilliant businesswoman Seppalla has blown £30m in 14 years to get back to where she was

Slightly better as no council lease But now managed by a London Rugby Club who were shipped in and have no doubt hampered to some degree the existing rugby club

It’s time to just find a new way. The promotions and a Wembley win may be exciting but they themselves are ultimately a sign of her failure

Grendel

Care for the football club?

So says the moron who spends every day criticising, mocking and deriding our own players - for reasons unknown.

And has been on a 'one moron' campaign for the last 4 years on here to get rid of Robins - statistically our most successful manager in history.

That's real care for the football club isn't it - trying to derail our players and manager on a forum?

One thing SISU has got right is the appointment and backing of Robins - a bloke you have consistently tried to get rid of after 2-3 'poor' results. Thank f..k you're not running things.

Tim Fisher appointed Robins - Sisu is actually a tiny office in London with a staff of 10’

Users who are viewing this thread